John McCain | News | Stephen Baldwin

BigGayDeal.com

Stephen Baldwin: Homosexuality Not Normal

Stephenbaldwin

Born-again Christian Stephen Baldwin talked to MSNBC about his enthusiasm over John McCain in an interview published on Friday. He also slams gays once again:

"I don’t think it’s right that in 10 or 15 years, potentially, my son goes to a public school and reads a book about the normality of homosexuality. I don’t think that [belongs] in the public education system. In a political sense, I don’t agree with that. It doesn’t mean that I think personally that making that lifestyle choice is wrong. The Bible says it's wrong and I believe in the Bible and I stand for that. So part of the danger of living the faith I live is that they're going to shoot the messenger."

In January, Baldwin told Howard Stern he was a "full-blown, super-duper" fan of Mike Huckabee. He also told Stern that same-sex marriage was not acceptable.

Comments

1. So says the b-rate actor star of "Threesome" (1994).

Posted by: tobey | Oct 27, 2008 9:46:35 AM

2. Okay! This is the most outrageous thing that i have heard. Well granted that I believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion, I do not like the fact that he says, "The Bible says it's wrong and I believe in the Bible and I stand for that. So part of the danger of living the faith I live is that they're going to shoot the messenger." Honestly, The Bible was written some ages ago and he is looking at it Literally...what a joke. Fundamentalist-Christians out casting a group of people in the name of GOD!! NOW THAT IS WHAT WE CALL AN ABOMINATION. I wonder if he believes in not eating shrimp, as it is said in the bible that it is a sin.....Bless his soul! ... Bless the Literal Christians who take the word of THE BIBLE out of its context! .... THINGS GO OUT OF DATE!!!! STOP TEACHING YOUR CHILDREN TO HATE!!!

Posted by: Ande | Oct 27, 2008 9:46:41 AM

3. well its not normal is it...

yeah i'm a gay man, but i can accept that i've been dealt the rough end of the stick, cuz i would do ANYTHING to turn straight and have children the normal, conventional way

Posted by: MEN-SUR | Oct 27, 2008 9:59:19 AM

4. And, in another real news....

Posted by: noah | Oct 27, 2008 10:01:12 AM

5. Because you know when Stephen Baldwin talks... people listen.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Oct 27, 2008 10:01:47 AM

6. Stephen Baldwin: the first person I turn to when I want to find out what's "normal" and what isn't.

Posted by: David D. | Oct 27, 2008 10:06:54 AM

7. Whether homosexuality is normal or not is moot. It's reality, it exists.

If this Baldwin character removed everything that wasn't "normal" from his life, where would he be? Well, at least his acting career wouldn't suffer.

Posted by: Tonic | Oct 27, 2008 10:10:10 AM

8. Being gay isn't "normal".

Normal is boring.

Being gay is anything but boring.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Oct 27, 2008 10:14:20 AM

9. My, My, My! Stephen Baldwain has come a long long way from "Threesome" written and direcred by the openly gay Andrew Fleming ("Hamlet 2") where he cuddled with Josh Charles and flashed his ass.

And he is at considerable remove from brother Bill, currently co-starring with the fabulous Candace Cayne on "Dirty Sexy Money."

And that's not to mention former Studio 54 waiter Alec Baldwin.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 27, 2008 10:14:49 AM

10. Well, we got crazy Baldwins all over the place. I like the ones on the LEFT (Alec). This right-wing Baldwin can go to hell...with Miss Sarah (Lord, she was the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic Party).

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 27, 2008 10:38:57 AM

11. @MEN-SUR:
    Being a mad retard is something that really isn't normal.

Homosexuality may not feel normal to many people, but it is if you look at the numbers and that it isn't restricted to human beings.

Posted by: Chris | Oct 27, 2008 10:39:38 AM

12. I as a gay man am really fed up and would like to address this whole issue of these straight religious fanatics. For one week that everyone wake to a world where everything is completely reversed where instead of being straight being accepted as what these religious fanatics call “normal”, gay, bisexual, and transgender is accepted as normal, and heterosexuality to be considered not normal by the general public, for one week. For one week they would see constant attempts by many states to put a ban on “Straight-Marriage” in both the state and federal constitution. For this week, all the straight people who seem to get such a kick over either verbally, or physically bashing gay people to see what it feels like to constantly seeing anti-gay rhetoric either first hand, or in the newspapers, over the internet, or on billboards. I would like them to see what it feels like to constantly be referred to as “not normal” or worse. After a week of them having to deal with what we deal with every day of our lives, I believe that gay-bashers, both verbally and physically would significantly diminish. I am sure many of them (PARTICULARLY STEPHEN BALDWIN) would think twice before putting down gay people and trying to take away their right to marry if that happened to them.

Posted by: matthew | Oct 27, 2008 10:41:27 AM

13. and a gracious good morning to you miss derrick, you are you baby?

well, judging from the some of the posts around here, maybe la baldwin has a point -- i've known some pretty fucked up queens in my time -- some of them were quite amusing though -- but normal? nevah!

Posted by: the queen | Oct 27, 2008 10:44:34 AM

14. First of all, I think Stephen Baldwin itself isn't a normal phenomenon in nature.

Second, all the Baldwin brothers are crazy in some way. Stephen just manifests himself differently.

Posted by: Brendan | Oct 27, 2008 10:49:47 AM

15. Stephen Baldwin can KISS my Gay ass...He's another Brainwashed weirdo/who's Career has Plummeted...and Blames others for his failures...."ahh they don't like me cause' I believe in Jesus"...I feel sorry for any offspring this asshole has...and what an embarrassment he is to his Brothers!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Oct 27, 2008 10:51:00 AM

16. For this week, all the straight people who seem to get such a kick over either verbally, or physically bashing gay people to see what it feels like to constantly seeing anti-gay rhetoric either first hand, or in the newspapers, over the internet, or on billboards

Sorry, I made a typo here. I meant to type "anti-straight" rhetoric for this fantasy week where gay was considered normal and straight was considered by society as "not normal"

Posted by: matthew | Oct 27, 2008 10:51:25 AM

17. So glad he is straight- used to work out at my gym here in Tucson and is butt ugly in person.

Posted by: homer | Oct 27, 2008 10:54:05 AM

18. The least appealing Baldwin on so many levels. Fortunately, his opinion holds about as much weight as air.

Men-Sur: the Exodus folks are waiting for you with open arms.

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 27, 2008 10:55:15 AM

19. Another living testimony to washed up, drug addicted, alcohol soaked grade d actor hooked on another opiate of the masses-fundamentalist christianity. Weakness substituted for weakness in character.
    What about that old standby "judge not-lest ye be judged"---- except it doesn't apply to "real" Christians like Mr. Baldwin.
    It must be very satisfying to you -knowing that you know what is best for everyone--
    and btw-which version of the bible are you referencing Mr. Baldwin?

Posted by: Nick | Oct 27, 2008 11:04:40 AM

20. Kind of like his family claiming to be actors not natural since none of them can actually act. A two bit, unattractive bigot, who needs to get rid of that hate his so called church has taught him.

These hate-filled chumps are going to be in for a surprise when they find out hate is not acceptable in the after world.

Posted by: Sebastian | Oct 27, 2008 11:06:07 AM

21. Yeah, well, being a Baldwin ain't all that great either.

Posted by: Aaron | Oct 27, 2008 11:07:23 AM

22. As Alec has described his family: "...and Stephen is the Village Idiot"

Posted by: what | Oct 27, 2008 11:16:48 AM

23. If looks like a freak...walks like a freak and quacks like a freak...IT'S A FREAK!

Posted by: todd | Oct 27, 2008 11:17:32 AM

24. So Stephen states “The Bible says it's wrong and I believe in the Bible and I stand for that.”
    Then Stephen must be pro-slavery as the Bible teaches. Titus 2:9 “Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,” or 1 Peter 2:18 “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.”
    Since I believe that slavery is immoral I have to ask, why does Stephen support immorality? And why does Stephen hide his bigotry and hate behind his religion?

Posted by: 1♥ | Oct 27, 2008 11:34:01 AM

25. Stephen Baldwin has come a long way from the time (circa 1997) that I would see him snorting blow with drag queens in the dressing rooms at Backstreet in Atlanta. Damn, I wish I had taken pictures...

Posted by: Dawson James | Oct 27, 2008 11:51:00 AM