Alaska | News | Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin Won't Say Who She Voted For

PalinSarah Palin just gave an actual press conference! I believe it is her first.

After casting her ballot in Wasilla, Sarah Palin spoke to reporters. The even crazier thing that she said was, when asked who she voted for, she replied that she was exercising her right to privacy and not telling!

Clip AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I hope she wrote-in her own name as President.

Posted by: Brendan | Nov 4, 2008 2:11:03 PM

2. She doesn't have to say who she is voting for. Either does anybody for that matter.

Come to think of it, I wish people would shut the hell up about who they are voting for.

Seriously - why do all the blogs keep hurling abuse at this woman. I am not saying I agree with her politics. But I have no hatred in my heart for her. McCain either. Neither of them have done anything to me personally.

The more criticism and ridicule people direct at her the more I admire her. So keep punching away!

Election 2008 - the "Let's abuse women from both parties" election. Yay!!!

Posted by: Andy | Nov 4, 2008 2:15:23 PM

3. Andy: You will be singing a different tune if Mccain/Palin get elected and they make it all the more unbearable for all of us in this country INCLUDING gay & lesbian people.Trust me if you lost your house (if you're a homeowner) your job due to downsizing & outsourcing and having a tough time making ends meet,you will feel differently.The best thing to do is keep "THAT ONE" and Palin out of the white house.VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN

Posted by: JD | Nov 4, 2008 2:29:00 PM

4. I hope she does run for president in 2012. She's the best thing that's ever happened to the democratic party!

Posted by: Laurie | Nov 4, 2008 2:35:17 PM

5. @JD

I highly doubt McCain will win, so don't stress.

All the same, I don't hate McCain. I don't think he is as bad or stupid as George W. and I don't have hatred for the man.

Keep in mind Sarah Palin was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She was born to two elementary school teachers and put herself through school on loans and struggled to do so. That was the reason for the pageant - school money. Though that became a matter of endless ridicule.

I guess it is the gay boy in me to feel bad for the one person that gets beat up on the most.

To change the subject - I voted in Brooklyn this mornig. I don't think they have changed the machines since the 40s. It seriously looked like something out of "I Love Lucy." I felt like Ethel Mertz. There were little colored light bulbs on top, an old red latch like a slot machine, a dusty curtain, and black latches.

I told the volunteer it looked like a funhouse.

She started laughing and whooped "Well, the fin is over honey!" as I walked off.

Hilarious.

Posted by: Andy Zeffer | Nov 4, 2008 3:23:20 PM

6. Well, she released her uninteresting medical records (not sure why anyone releases these things--as if they aren't expunged of anything interesting--and Bill Clinton never did--who cares?) She was also cleared of wrongdoing by the AG special investigator (he waited until the last minute!). His investigation was somewhat ephemeral, but as a Democrat he had little to gain by clearing her. So, the paranoids among us can breath easier now that she's going away anyway. It would have been nice to have been spared Andrew Sullivan's breathless paranoia (bad weed, dude) for the last couple of months. Apparently, if you can't stop talking about how you have AIDS (while declining to say how you got it), you feel everyone else should list their meds online too. That Jokin-Joe Biden finally came clean two weeks ago must have been a great relief to the nation, what with no mention of the aneurysm that nearly killed him, etc. How'd they leave that out?

Posted by: anon | Nov 4, 2008 4:30:00 PM

7. Ugh. Who cares? Enough of this hag already!

Sarah.

Go.

AWAAAAAYYY!!

Posted by: Jim | Nov 4, 2008 6:30:42 PM

8. I bet she wrote her name for president.

Posted by: mdans | Nov 5, 2008 12:49:53 AM

9. I bet she wrote her name for president.

Posted by: mdans | Nov 5, 2008 12:52:05 AM

10. This might be the first thing I agree with her on. We have a secret ballot in this country, or at least we used to. Both sides act like we are obligated to announce whom we support and then use the information to try to bully us into changing our minds or being ashamed or embarrassed about it. It's really sad. What's even sadder is that if I don't announce that I voted for Obama, everyone here will assume that I don't want to say because I voted for McCain. Probably the biggest problem with the election process today is that we don't respect the concept of the secret ballot.

Posted by: p² | Nov 5, 2008 9:18:58 AM