Gay Slurs | Mickey Rourke | News

Mickey Rourke Apologizes for 'Faggot' Slur

Rourke

Yesterday I posted about actor Mickey Rourke telling the paparazzi outside of Hyde nightclub in L.A. to "tell that faggot who wrote all that shit in the paper I'd like to break his fucking legs."

To whom Rourke was referring remains unclear.

Rourke has issued a statement of apology for the remarks. Said the actor: "I want to sincerely apologize for the derogatory word I used. It was insensitive and inappropriate of me and I am deeply sorry that I may have offended anyone."

Comments

1. Yeah, right--don't expect me to take back my 'asshole' slur, Mr. "It's Oscar season and my performance in The Wrestler is in the running" Rourke. Go fuck yourself.

Posted by: David D. | Nov 11, 2008 2:01:47 PM

2. rourke's kind of in "have to make nice" mode these days since his careers is having a bit of a rebound.

Posted by: alguien | Nov 11, 2008 2:12:28 PM

3. oh yeah right. he's just on his best behavior suddenly because he wants to win an oscar.

i know that sounds cynical, but i'd bet $100 that's what's going on here.

Posted by: richard Morrison | Nov 11, 2008 2:13:47 PM

4. oh mickey dahling you can call me fag any old day... i am a fag.. call me anything dahling just call me -- oh you're so butch so beautifully butch and the best thing you've ever done was barfly with the fabulous faye...

Posted by: the queen | Nov 11, 2008 2:14:15 PM

5. what a typical non-apology. what he should have said: "i am a stupid fuck, and i am ashamed of having shit for brains. i hope my careless comments don't spill out toward the out-right bigots who will actually go out a break some one's legs for being gay."

what a stupid man.

you go perezhilton!

Posted by: nic | Nov 11, 2008 2:16:59 PM

6. Did he apologize for the hair too?

Posted by: crispy | Nov 11, 2008 2:19:30 PM

7. And I will ask this for the umpteen-millionth and one time:

If gays call each other "faggot", then how can they be mad at anyone else for doing the same thing? When are gays going to check themselves before they start pointing fingers at others?

Posted by: soulbrotha | Nov 11, 2008 2:28:20 PM

8. Yeah... sorry my a....! these people are acting so wild and st... as if its the norm 'till they are caught then they apologize for it. Come on how many times this jerk has done it before?

Posted by: roy | Nov 11, 2008 2:33:11 PM

9. Soulbrotha, your statement should refer to only the gays that call eachother fag, I don't, so yes I reserve the full and justified right to not appreciate what Mr. Rourke said.

Posted by: Pekemo | Nov 11, 2008 2:40:58 PM

10. so, SOULBROTHA, because blacks call each other niggers it means it is open season on bigoted epithets? fuck you, douche.

Posted by: nic | Nov 11, 2008 2:41:25 PM

11. Can he apologize for that red jacket too?

Posted by: homer | Nov 11, 2008 2:55:14 PM

12. Speak for yourself and your ilk soulbrotha. That word doesn’t exist in my vocabulary.

Posted by: gabe | Nov 11, 2008 2:56:28 PM

13. NIC,

I think SOULBROTHA acually has made the exact same criticism of blacks who degrade themselves with the word nigger.

CRISPY,
    no matter what the topic is, I can always enjoy a laugh from your comments... "did he apologize for his hair". I've never seen an actor make it to the top, and always looks as if he has no concept of personal hygiene at all. Well, they say that James Dean didn't like to bathe, but he looked clean, dammit.

THE QUEEN,
    please explain to these folks that you're only joking.

You and I are absolutely too old for rough rough violent trade. Do you really want some beastial piece of trade beating you around, calling you "old faggot!", and then violating you with brute force?...Never mind, don't answer that...I'm starting to overheated and sweaty myself.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 11, 2008 2:57:59 PM

14. THANK U! Nic

Posted by: S | Nov 11, 2008 3:00:07 PM

15. Great Mickey. Now apologize for all the facelifts and your shitty performances in everything except "Barfly" (where Faye and Barbet saved your worthless ass.)

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 11, 2008 4:32:19 PM

16. Thank you Derrick. I most certainly have said the same exact thing about the word nigger. I ask the same question about that word on the Black blogs. And surprisingly, I don't get as many ignorant responses as I have gotten here.

Pekmo & Gabe, I am talking about the gay community at large, not you specifically.
    It is a fact and can be seen in gay blogs, magazines, comedy acts, and I have heard gays call each other that in greetings or cattiness. Gays get hostile when you ask the question and never want to face the issue. But they will be quick to talk about Black's usage of the word "nigger," as if that somehow justifies their own hypocrisy.

Nic, you have proven yourself time and again to be one of the biggest douches on this board. So your words mean nothing to me.

And the question shall remain open for those willing to give an intelligent answer to a straightforward question. Anyone?

Posted by: soulbrotha | Nov 11, 2008 5:28:57 PM

17. TO: CRISPY

The same way you ask why cant fags call other people fags but yet they can call each other fags is the same premises as why can niggers call other niggers that but god help it if a white person calls a nigger a nigger, they're racist and the blood starts to spurt.

Posted by: madam ex | Nov 11, 2008 5:42:21 PM

18. Is Mickey gay "Soulbrotha"? Have you sucked his cock? Just asking.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 11, 2008 5:46:06 PM

19. What blood "Madam Ex"?

If you had any guts you'd post under your real name. Same goes double for "Soulbrotha"
    and "The Queen."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 11, 2008 5:54:44 PM

20. David, No,I don't know if Mickey is gay. No I haven't sucked his cock. Why, is there something you want to share with us?
    And I have used the moniker Soulbrotha since my first post. What has any of this got to do with my original observation?

Madam Ex, I think you wanted to direct your comment at me, not Crispy. And you actually proved one of my points. Go back and read carefully, dear.

Anyway, I asked a very basic question. Still no one can give an intelligent answer. Hmm.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Nov 11, 2008 6:16:04 PM

21. So someone who knocks his own teeth out of his mouth, can't decide if he's an actor or a boxer and looks like he doesn't use soap or deodorant deserves our attention? This is a man whose best performance was obscured by a face mask in the cinematic treatment of a cartoon, er, graphic novel. Faggot, schmaggot,
    Mickey Rourke gives me the creeps, no matter what!

Posted by: Pierce | Nov 11, 2008 6:19:23 PM

22. I'll be happy to give an intelligent answer to someone who uses their own name.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 11, 2008 6:26:26 PM

23. well David, it looks like the chances of you giving an intelligent answer and me giving my name seem slim. So hopefully someone else can oblige without silly prerequisites.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Nov 11, 2008 6:41:34 PM

24. Bitch, please...like you are using your real name here. You are so full of shit. If you have something to say just say it for the whole board rather than hide under stupid excuses, douche bag.

Posted by: UpYourASS | Nov 11, 2008 6:47:29 PM

25. Uh guys, it's Mickey Rourke. Why are you working yourselves up over this?

Btw, some of you seem to be real quick to use the "N" word to make your point. It's almost like you're just busting to use it for whatever reason. Please, use some other way of writing that word.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Nov 11, 2008 6:55:41 PM