News | Rick Sanchez

CNN's Rick Sanchez Rips Joe 'the Plumber' a New One

On Monday, I posted a video of Samuel "Joe the plumber" Wurzelbacher, who is now in Israel working as a war correspondent for a conservative media outlet. Wurzelbacher had some words on the freedom of the press.

SanchezSaid Wurzelbacher ""I’ll be honest with you. I don’t think journalists should be anywhere allowed war. I mean, you guys report where our troops are at. You report what’s happening day to day. You make a big deal out of it. I think it’s asinine. You know, I liked back in World War I and World War II when you’d go to the theater and you’d see your troops on, you know, the screen and everyone would be real excited and happy for ’em...I think media should be abolished from, uh, you know, reporting. You know, war is hell. And if you’re gonna sit there and say, 'Well look at this atrocity,' well you don’t know the whole story behind it half the time, so I think the media should have no business in it."

Yesterday, CNN's Rick Sanchez trashed Wurzelbacher, in the most satisfying CNN rant since Jack Cafferty called Sarah Palin's answers in Katie Couric's interview "the most pathetic" piece of tape he had ever seen.

Watch it

Comments

1. FABULOUS!

The bitch-slapping he deserves!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jan 15, 2009 11:59:25 AM

2. Give it to 'em, Rick! Joe got his ass KICKED! Call him OUT, Rick!

Posted by: Michael | Jan 15, 2009 12:01:38 PM

3. The Plumber's Progress: from Palin-pal to national douchebag. The idiocy continues.

Posted by: Hugo | Jan 15, 2009 12:10:00 PM

4. When it was announced that "JTP" was going to cover the war for the conservative internet news organization, Jon Stewart ran the clip. In it, JTP announced he was also going to take his "good Christian message" to the people of the region because "Jesus was all the protection he needed". Jon Stewarts reply was essentially, "let me know how that works out for you?".

So long as there are venues for the likes of JTP; people who think "He's like ME!" and will support him, he's going to be hanging around the periphery of society.

I am just waiting to hear is the news agency he's reporting for, will apply for Whitehouse press credentials for him.

Posted by: Rad | Jan 15, 2009 12:10:08 PM

5. Rick is one hot 50 year old!

Posted by: marco | Jan 15, 2009 12:15:43 PM

6. I remember meeting Rick Sanchez many times while I lived in Miami Beach, and for him to go this far speaks volumes. It takes a lot to piss him off, and Samuel the Tool deserves it.

Posted by: Gary | Jan 15, 2009 12:21:14 PM

7. you tell him, rick!

Posted by: liz templin | Jan 15, 2009 12:27:13 PM

8. SMACKDOWN!! Joe the fucking plumber needs to crawl back under the rock he came from.

The neo-con are whacking their little peanuts of cocks over him while Palin wants to take Joe's teeny weeny between her brittle chapped lips and scrape her teeth up and down on it while that asshole moans like he's getting the best head on the east coast.

Had to throw in a John Waters reference.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jan 15, 2009 12:39:50 PM

9. Is it my imagination or is Rick Sanchez ABSOLUTELY SMOKIN' these days...?! Lately he's been an absolute turn-on WITHOUT taking off one single piece of clothing...DAMN.

Out of all the anchors on CNN he's the one who's opinion I think is worth listening. He's the Rachel Maddow of CNN.....

Posted by: CARIBTONY | Jan 15, 2009 12:55:40 PM

10. First of all, KUDOS to Rick Sanchez for ripping the no talent/know nothing "Joe the Plumber" a new one.

AND, how fuckin' hot is Rick Sanchez?

I need to watch CNN more often.

Posted by: Bobby | Jan 15, 2009 1:02:56 PM

11. While I agree with everything in this commentary, I hate that
    "Joe" is getting any media attention at all. I would rather that
    he be completely ignored. He is now on the 20th minute of his
    15 minutes of fame.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Jan 15, 2009 1:03:26 PM

12. I agree with everyone who thinks Sanchez is hot...but beyond that, I think he's borderline retarded. If he's CNN's answer to Maddow, they're in trouble. I think he's more along the lines of Greta Van Sustern or Nancy Grace...or Wurzelbacher. Not smart, not insightful, not anyone I would go to for an honest take on a given issue.

Just another pretty face to fill the screen.

Posted by: paul c | Jan 15, 2009 1:10:22 PM

13. I'm not in favor of journalists expressing their personal views. As professionals they are obligated to remain objective. Anderson doesn't get personal and neither should Rick.

Posted by: Rob | Jan 15, 2009 1:13:11 PM

14. So, CNN finally grew a pair. I think I love Rick Sanchez.

Posted by: Sean | Jan 15, 2009 1:28:13 PM

15. Beautiful!

Nice to see "Joe" the "Plumber" called out for being the complete idiot he is.

Posted by: MAJeff | Jan 15, 2009 1:52:10 PM

16. i agree it's satisfying to see joe the plumber be called out for being the biggest tool in the box but i have a hunch that he won't even care.

unfortunately, for sam wurzelbach, stupidity is a virtue and any sign of intelligence is something to hide under a bushel. he'll merely say that this is what to expect from the liberal media.

personally, i'm waiting for him to end up as a lonely alcoholic living in a dingy by-the-week hotel in baltimore.

Posted by: alguien | Jan 15, 2009 2:00:38 PM

17. Oh snap! While I agree with Sanchez' viewpoint, the way he presents it makes my skin crawl. And then to be plugging his own twitter account? Come on.

Why not just ignore this ignoramus? If he really felt that way about Samuel/Joe, just ignore the media whore, don't become one by engaging with him.

Posted by: Fausto Fernos | Jan 15, 2009 2:13:21 PM

18. Rick Sanchez is TOTALLY hot; "Joe the Plumber" is a retarded moron fraud; there's nothing wrong with the way Rick Sanchez presented his viewpoint. Reporters are dying trying to show this fraud war; Joe the fake plumber/fake everything and his wingnut supporters want nothing on this war to be reported, and want us to buy the Bush/Cheney administration's BS hook, line, and sinker.

Posted by: Thomas | Jan 15, 2009 3:50:26 PM

19. Nice rant, but as someone who also goes by his middle name, it pisses me off a bit to see so many people try to make a point that "Joe" isn't even his real name. Uh... yeah it is, it's his real MIDDLE name, and people use their middle names all the time.

By pretending that Joe isn't his name, Sanchez is trying to score cheap political points and making himself look more petty in the process. Come on, there are plenty of reasons to rail on Joe the Plumber (many of which Rich talked about), but the fact that he uses his middle name instead of his first isn't on my list at all.

Posted by: HDS | Jan 15, 2009 4:57:23 PM

20. Hey, Andy,

I've got news for you. You're being more pathetic here than usual. More grousing that conservatives dare to impinge on the left's erstwhile news reporting monopoly. You and Rick Sanchez need to get a life.

The folks at Pajamas Media don't give a fuck what the tools at CNN think about Joe the Plumber or anyone else they employ.

More importantly, the people who will follow Joe's reports care less than nothing for the opinions of leftists fuckwads like yourself.

Oh, and Joe was and is a real plumber. I'm sure he'll make a hell of lot better reporter than most of the dyed-in-the-wool Democrat assholes currently employed in that profession.

Posted by: Dave | Jan 16, 2009 2:34:58 AM

21. Did that Kool-Aid taste good, Dave? What flavor was it? 'Turn Your Brain to Shit' with 'asshole' topping? Fuck you! Andy does a great job and you conservative tools and just burning that you have been rightfully shunned!

Posted by: CK | Jan 16, 2009 8:31:38 AM

22. DAVE? Go masturbate yourself with your Dick Cheney mouth-sheath, ya little bitch.

Posted by: Rey | Jan 16, 2009 8:49:04 AM