Fashion Men | Kanye West | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kanye West Gets Fashion Sense From Gay People

Kanyewest

Kanye West shows off the shoe he designed for Louis Vuitton. Batch Please calls it "a deck shoe combined with an Air Force One." One commenter notes that "just b/c they are Louis V does not make them look like anything but footwear in a Boca Raton Hospice."

In related news, a recently-posted clip (from some time ago it seems) features Kanye discussing where he looks for his fashion trends — gay people.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Related
Kanye West to Fans: Don't Use the Word 'Fag' [tr]

Comments

1. Which gay people? And implying simply because you are gay, you have fashion sense is absurd. He obviously hasn't seen my husband.

Posted by: JayDub | Jan 13, 2009 12:37:41 PM

2. why would anyone spend more the $30 on shoes/sneakers made in another country by people paid $1 a day??? Total RIP-OFF and Un-necessary!

Posted by: rex | Jan 13, 2009 12:41:17 PM

3. Oh sweet Jesus. That is one fugly shoe. With that, I'm sure there will be several pairs seen on the Pines boardwalks this summer.

Posted by: Marky Mark | Jan 13, 2009 12:45:10 PM

4. What gay person inspired him to design such a hideous shoe? Now he will be forced to wear that mess on his feet and try and pass it off as fashion forward. Sing, Kanye, sing.

Posted by: Randalf | Jan 13, 2009 12:46:10 PM

5. What gay guy did he get his inspiration from to design THOSE things? Whoever it was, they should revoke his card! Those are butt ugly!

Posted by: troschne | Jan 13, 2009 12:47:38 PM

6. What gay guy did he get his inspiration from to design THOSE things? Whoever it was, they should revoke his card! Those are butt ugly!

Posted by: troschne | Jan 13, 2009 12:48:55 PM

7. I dont mean to be a bitch, but that is the fugliest shoe i have ever seen.

Posted by: Dan B | Jan 13, 2009 1:05:16 PM

8. "He obviously hasn't seen my husband."

Yes, but he must be very lovable.

(LOL--no you didn't)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 13, 2009 1:06:46 PM

9. WOW! Platform Sperry Topsiders with twee lil tasselettes. Perfect for retired mechanical engineers to wear to the play-offs of the MahJong/Shuffleboard Tournament at the Bea Arthur Retirement home in Boca. Shady Pines, Ma, Shady Pines!

Posted by: rudy | Jan 13, 2009 1:14:44 PM

10. altho groovy deck shoes were a hot trend 4-5 years ago already (Visvim for example), those are still a great looking pair of kicks to sport.

Posted by: bob hope | Jan 13, 2009 1:16:36 PM

11. Ugh. Talk about loud and tacky.

Oh, and the shoe's not great either.

Posted by: Aaron | Jan 13, 2009 1:23:14 PM

12. Come on, Rudy, you know that Kanye is gay-friendly. What they didn't say is that he is especially friendly with gay seniors. what a wonderful young man.

I'm going to get me a pair for when I take the casino bus to Atlantic City, or Gay Bingo night in Philly.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 13, 2009 1:25:01 PM

13. For those gays who are so uptight and critical when it comes to fashion,as far as Im concerned they could shove what ever the new "IN THING" is up their ass.If every gay person had any sense of dignified fashion then when I hit a gay lounge/club here in New York City (of all places) I wouldnt see these queens dressing up like they stole their little sisters clothes,wearing skin tight jeans and a t-shirt thats like 2-3 sizes to small.And what the hell is with that damn white leather belt? wearing sunglasses in a dark ass nightclub and a pair of weak ass sneakers.Let alone the bad body oder they walk around with.Please!!! Mind you these are the same queens that talk mad shit about what every1 else is wearing.Personally,when I go out on the town,I wear a nice clean pair of pressed jeans a clean button down shirt and black casual shoes which I always keep them clean.When it comes to more formal like events well I take it 2 steps further,I particularly dress more dignified and with class,just walking down the street to the store is a diff story.The fems who claim to be so pro-fashion are usually the same dumbasses who dont know how to dress themselves and go out lookin like shit,while I personally find the more dignified masculine intellectual gay men to dress with class.Lately I havent been encountering that many gay men with a good sense of fashion,however they are quick to judge what someone else is wearing.Not quite sure which gay men inspired Kanye West,but to each his own.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 13, 2009 1:50:40 PM

14. Chris, I assume you're 80. "pressed jeans"?? Really?

Posted by: what | Jan 13, 2009 2:06:57 PM

15. Am I the only one who thinks "Love Lockdown" is about staying on the down low to protect a career?

When I heard that song, I assumed it was his way of inching out of the closet gradually.

Posted by: paul c | Jan 13, 2009 2:10:48 PM

16. Shuffleboard, anyone?

Posted by: TANK | Jan 13, 2009 2:10:51 PM

17. The overpriced ridiculous Keds aside, did anyone else notice he picks his nose almost immediately into that clip?

West is just an idiot that people pay WAY too much attention to for anyone's own good.

And Chris, can I add the damn faux-hawk to your list? Please gay brothers (and a lot of the lesbians too) stop rocking that stupid passé haircut. It doesn't make you look rebelious. It just serves as a douche alert to the rest of us.

Posted by: RP | Jan 13, 2009 2:58:21 PM

18. SH*T DAMN! That is one FUG sneaker. FUGLY. The people at LV must be smoking the crack rock channeling and catering to what Tommy Hilfiger did years ago: exploiting an ethnic culture.

And lets not forget people...we are also in a major recession! Anyho who buys full retail is wrong.

Posted by: PAULI | Jan 13, 2009 3:46:53 PM

19. That is a FUGLY SHOE i wouldnt wear it even if they pay me,after seen that shoe i pucked all over me, sorry barf, sorry those shoes remaind me of nike sorry barf,
    go back to sing kanye please barf
    see you in my nightmares. barf
    i just need some pepto bismal to make'em pink

Posted by: jose | Jan 13, 2009 3:58:31 PM

20. I actually like them. They would go great with a nice "pressed"(lol)sear-sucker suit for when your in a very "Connecticut" meets...OK I was at least trying Kanye, lol. Those are definitely "Pepaw" shoes. Although I might not wear them, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a sexy older gentlemen in them though.

Posted by: Just Thinking Out Loud | Jan 13, 2009 5:57:18 PM

21. those shoes are terrificly designed i have a pair of vans like such but the way he made them is amazing i will get them

Posted by: Tyree | Apr 19, 2009 2:23:05 AM

22. I may be the only straight male posted so far.

A big thank-you to the guy who said "Love Lockdown" indicates Kan-easy may be inching out of the closet. I'm surprised Lady Gaga wasn't singing it with a peacock-inspired makeup arrangement and a big blue flowery dress. Actually I haven't seen this video but would imagine Mr. West walking east with a pretty woman strut from some fine Latina who didn't bow to his diva "swag" since his "lovelock" was down. So let me ask you Kanye, who died and made you prince?

Not sure you know either, but I bet you're aware hookers and cosmetic surgery can be one hell of a drug, too. As for those of us who don't care about those things, we've unfortunately been reminded for too long that your business is in polluting the airwaves and running a big blimp media campaign that doesn't contribute any more than a daily eyesore. As your friend here, I actually would prefer to help keep you aloft, so here's a tip: switch to renewable energy soon because when people realize you're just a bad investment, your label will cut the supply of hot gas, and you'll fall fast, crash and stink up the music world worse than you arleady have. And nobody wants that, Kanye, so before it's too late, make good songs or please... just ride out into the sunset, and never return, Mr. West.

Oh and yes, regardless of gender, your shoes are busted. Your music sucks, Kan- (Con-) Man. Your message sucks, too. College dropout? And a season later you're back to school? Cut the shit, bitch. Maybe if you paid attention in class or otherwise you wouldn't have put out a wack song like this. So it's evident, with respect to the great Nasir Jones, that your style switches like a.. (no offense to my gay friends here).

And in conclusion, we're finally kicking you out of the rap community. You're on probation as a pop singer.. and a wack one at that. But please, no hard feelings. Though your bad karma killed your mother and you damn well know about it, we're not going to hold it against you. Not implying that she doesn't forgive and love you, but my guess is she'd rather you cut the shit, stop making bogus records and become a man.

So what's it gonna be?

Love? Let's hope so.

Lovelock down? You lose, bitch.

Posted by: Rob | May 3, 2009 12:36:50 PM

23. Hello,
    I came across your website and I was curious to know if you were looking for a new source for celebrity photos? PR Photos has been in business for over 9 years with Hundreds of photographers constantly photographing red carpet events, fashion shows, concerts, premieres, press conferences, etc. All of our 800,000 images are FULLY LICENSED and available for use on websites. We are the LOWEST priced celebrity stock photo company in the industry. We are willing to work within your budget needs.

Feel free to check out our various pricing packages: Click Here

I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding licensing our images. Please email me back and let me know if I can assist you with your photo needs.

Thanks,