Film | News | Sylvester Stallone

Stallone at 62: Ripped and Ready to Roll

Stallone

This is reportedly a new photo of Sylvester Stallone, who is showing off his veins for a movie called The Expendables. The movie's reportedly about a mercenary who takes out a South American dictator in the fictional country of Corza. Sly will direct and star alongside Jet Li, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Forest Whitaker and Randy Couture.

Wonder if his double is making the film with him?

previously
Sly Stallone: Richard Gere Thinks I Started Gerbil Rumor [tr]

Comments

1. The only thing of interest here is the mention of Dolph Lundgren, who used to be hot as hell. I can't wait to see what he looks like now. (Yes, I know I could probably look up pics online, but I can wait.)

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 26, 2009 12:01:27 PM

2. Human Growth Hormone is a wonderful thing.

Posted by: Rich | Jan 26, 2009 12:09:16 PM

3. Ick. Looks like a body made out of Silly Putty. Color is all wrong.

Also, the moron has gone on TV stating that steroids are amino acids (implying that they're okay to use, just like food.) It's a really BAD message to send to impressionable teen boys (or those who ACT like teen boys). Speaking of acting, perhaps he should spend some of that steroid money on acting lessons instead.

Posted by: NoCaDrummer | Jan 26, 2009 12:10:14 PM

4. That is sooooo gross I want to vomit

Posted by: frank | Jan 26, 2009 12:10:25 PM

5. Thanks ANDY, I just spit up my lunch.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jan 26, 2009 12:11:43 PM

6. OMG! When was he in a fire?

Posted by: christopher | Jan 26, 2009 12:41:33 PM

7. I think that headline should have read "Ripped, 'Roided and Ready to Roll".

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 26, 2009 12:42:58 PM

8. @PAUL R: Lundgren was always one of my faves. In fact, my first boyfriend was a dead ringer for him. Dolph is still hot in my opinion. I sincerely hope, however, that my ex has not aged as well!

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 26, 2009 12:46:17 PM

9. Did he happen to mention which meds, supplements he's on? Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: grego | Jan 26, 2009 1:07:38 PM

10. Mmmmm...beef jerky.

Posted by: Joe | Jan 26, 2009 1:10:39 PM

11. He uses the same roids as Robert Downey Jr. RDJ's bod has the same look just smaller.

Posted by: ggreen | Jan 26, 2009 1:16:40 PM

12. Ol' Sly has had a ton of work done on his face that didn't turn out very flattering so I suspect there won't be any close ups. Why won't he just retire? I mean I like/liked seeing movies w/Paul Newman, Eastwood and Harrison Ford as they age, but this dude? He's always been/always will be Rockie.

Posted by: hoppybeer | Jan 26, 2009 1:27:52 PM

13. For being in his 60's, that man looks good. It may be unnatural, but at 60, who cares? I've always used natural supplements for fitness, but if HGH is keeping him young and fit, who is to judge?

Posted by: Tony in West Hollywood | Jan 26, 2009 1:38:29 PM

14. PeterParker, you are a lucky man. I also recall that Dolph (supposedly) spoke 7 languages (or something like that), so there were brains as well as beauty.

Tony in WeHo, he doesn't look young and fit. He looks gross.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 26, 2009 1:51:58 PM

15. Uh, ew.

Posted by: S. | Jan 26, 2009 1:52:37 PM

16. Statham, Lundgren, Li... and Stallone? Wow, he is desperate. :) Was Jean-Claude Van Damme busy, or something? And I bet that actually works to bring in audience, even though it sounds utterly moronic. :)

Posted by: weboy | Jan 26, 2009 3:25:30 PM

17. Come on, Stallone is 62. How many 62 year olds have a six-pack? Everyone gets old if he or she is lucky. Compare Stallone to his contemporaries and he looks pretty darn good.

Posted by: noah | Jan 26, 2009 3:33:01 PM

18. Nice abs, AWFUL mascara

Posted by: Catty Boy | Jan 26, 2009 3:58:05 PM

19. Nice abs, AWFUL mascara

Posted by: Catty Boy | Jan 26, 2009 3:58:37 PM

20. Nice abs, AWFUL mascara

Posted by: Catty Boy | Jan 26, 2009 3:58:51 PM

21. Barf

Posted by: TANK | Jan 26, 2009 4:32:17 PM

22. Nice body - brought to you by use of steroids and HGH. Nothing natural about that body. Would like to see what he could of done naturally instead of synthetically.

Posted by: Carl | Jan 26, 2009 5:18:52 PM

23. The title of this new movie interests me. I remember the key 'romance line' from Rambo 2 was "Rambo...you not expendable." I think love interest said that right before she got machine-gunned for about 45 seconds, after which Sly shot the guy in the head with an exploding arrow.

AWESOME movie.

Posted by: Yeek | Jan 26, 2009 5:36:40 PM

24. This guy must have absolutely no testicles left to speak of...nevermind whether his willy still works, which is doubtful.

Posted by: Shriveled | Jan 26, 2009 5:37:48 PM

25. Unfortunately, in person and up close, his face looks like a reconstituted mummy's. The goggles - they do nothing. (He walked down our row at the Staples Center Saturday night - Margarito/Mosley fight to get to Lampley and the HBO telecast crew). I will likely have nightmares the next few weeks. Ahhhhnuld was there as well, sitting next to him. Arnold looked 1,000 times better, and he's fug.

Posted by: Marcy | Jan 26, 2009 5:57:08 PM