I'm Not Gay | Kenny Chesney | Music | News

Kenny Chesney: I Didn't Sign Up to Be Called 'Gay'

Chesney

Kenny Chesney tells Playboy that he's slept with more than 100 women, and they will testify that he's not gay. He also says he's angry about the gay rumors that continue to follow him:

"What guy who loves girls wouldn't be angry about that ...? I didn't sign up for that. I think people need to live their lives the way they want to, but I'm pretty confident in the fact that I love girls (laughs). I've got a long line of girls who could testify that I am not gay."

Previously
Country Singer Kenny Chesney to Anderson Cooper: I'm Not Gay [tr]

Comments

1. Can any of them testify that you're not bald?

Posted by: javelin | Feb 11, 2009 7:37:00 PM

2. I could not care less about your sexuality, Kenny. But, if you're going to pull the "I have 100 women..." just like the "I have 100 gay friends..." I say, let's see 'em. Let's meet 'em.

Posted by: Rick in Ohio | Feb 11, 2009 9:12:17 PM

3. I'm not much of a country fan but I like his music and think he is sexy. I've heard rumors for years about his sexuality.

How often do we project our desires onto others, especially celebrities? The fact he is uncomfortable with it doesn't make him gay, ignorant maybe.

I could care less if he is gay or not as long as he isn't crusading to keep us 2nd class citizens or spreading hate.

Posted by: moby | Feb 11, 2009 11:09:31 PM

4. Since you're not gay....can I just stick the tip in...just a little?

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Feb 11, 2009 11:28:57 PM

5. It was official and in black and white on the divorce decree from Renee Zellwegger: the grounds? "Fraud." So how are we supposed to interpret that?

Having said that... Listen, if anyone thinks this is about truth in journalism, heterosexuality, homosexuality, or even privacy, forget it. It is about one thing and one thing only: Kenny's income, which Kennyboy knows will go the way of a flushable tampon if it is sufficiently accepted that he is gay. Which I think he is, from the photo alone.

Posted by: ProfessorVP | Feb 12, 2009 1:16:23 AM

6. LMAO @ Jake

Posted by: Pinto Bean | Feb 12, 2009 2:35:09 AM

7. Ok----The truth is Kenny is the nicest guy in the world! He is a great singer and even better live performer. He OUT sold everyone else in any genre last year. That said two of his songs say it all: "My Old Blue Chair" anyone ever been to the Blue Chair Beach in Puerto Vallarta{??????} and "Keg I A Closet". Lastly we never believed any of your relationships especially with Renee. Let loose you are so successful it is ok to be who you are!!!

Posted by: Perdita | Feb 12, 2009 2:57:46 AM

8. I like Kenny better when he wears his glasses. Then he looks like a bookkeeper.

Posted by: mike shackleford | Feb 12, 2009 3:30:13 AM

9. There's only been one off-hand comment about the tan? That's one of the most painful tans I've seen recently...

Posted by: John in San Jose | Feb 12, 2009 1:07:10 PM

10. Obviously gay since he continues to use the term "girls" instead of "women." It's like closeted 15 year old at the school dance trying to prove it to the football players.

Posted by: Anna | Feb 13, 2009 10:30:58 AM

11. At least he's keeping count of his women in case he ever needs uhhh proof!

Posted by: NYSmike | Feb 15, 2009 11:08:57 PM

12. The photo of Kenny and the girl looks altered. If you look at her face it is not in proportion to his. He is pretty short and a female model with her legs is no less than 5'7". The photo makes them look like the same height. Also, she appears to be facing him until you look closer and it looks like she is looking behind him. I personally think the guy is not at the admission stage yet which is why he gets "angry" about the comments. I have read too much by people who work in the Nashville music industry that support the "Kenny is gay" attitude and where there is smoke there is a fire or at least a spark.

Posted by: rob | May 16, 2009 5:31:19 PM

13. You don't think you're gay, Kenny, but everyone else in the world seems to....maybe look in the mirror? That is not a straight man's body. But you do need some fashion help, honey, even with those big ol' arms.

Posted by: Steve | May 19, 2009 3:55:59 PM

14. Heres one for you. My ex is a hot. 29 years old but looks like hes been a model in the past. he was at a Kenny Chesney concert, he was surrounded by hot chics and he would know hot chics since he's bi-sexual... For some reason Kenny wanted to grab my ex's hand rather than these hot woments hand. Face it Kenny, you might have a line of women but you have a thing for the penus lmfao.

Posted by: Brad | Nov 17, 2009 7:27:27 PM

15. Making a statement about a comments, that is not "true" seems out of line, why not just ignore it and move on . . .unless there just might be a moment of truth?

Posted by: EJ | Aug 18, 2011 11:51:54 AM

16. A gay audience isn't something you really want to lose. I'd shut up if I were him. Men who are confident have no problem with gay. As soon as you start running around telling people how gay you aren't, they start with the eyebrow. The reason he's got women lined up at the door is because they all think he's gay.

Posted by: Rich | Nov 1, 2011 1:55:04 AM