"Ex-Gays" | I'm Gay | I'm Not Gay | News | Tyra Banks

Tyra Banks Showcases Self-Loathing Gays

Damagedqueens

Tyra Banks dedicated a show this week to a bunch of damaged queens, some of whom plan to turn straight. One has even set a date when that's going to happen. These are the non-famous Ted Haggards and Larry Craigs of the world.

Tyra Banks is set to receive a GLAAD Excellence in Media award later this year.

Let the self-loathing begin, AFTER THE JUMP!

(via joe.my.god and good as you)

Comments

1. gawd, you guys are putting way to much thought into this. i watched the show, and her point was that people should be what they are.

does anyone really believe that these types of shows should be taken at face value?

Posted by: nic | Feb 21, 2009 11:48:19 AM

2. i feel awful watching these people. im 19 and gay. i have been out to my conservative,, christian family and yeah, it can be hard but you have to be comfortable with who you are. if these people dont like themselves, how can they expect to be in a relationship with anyone?
    pretty much this show was so blah blah,
    it shows some ultra confused people who need therapy, not tyra.

Posted by: rryyaann | Feb 21, 2009 12:00:17 PM

3. According to another blog @ Ex Gay Watch, Shane admitted it was just a joke and that gays take things way to seriously......

Idiot.

Posted by: SB | Feb 21, 2009 12:32:17 PM

4. Just to present the opposing viewpoint.

I love being gay. Absolutely love it. It is the best defect of my evolution and chromosomal make up possible probably.

Let's see, I make more money than straight people, have a better job most likely, can choose when I want kids no matter what, I didn't have to get into sports, I dress better, I always have a friend in the room (ie any single woman), I dont try to be funny with stupid humor like straight guys but instead I'm just witty, I get laid more often, musical theatre is truly amazing, we have better taste in everything, we are more cultural and worldly as a group, I'm allowed to be a bitch... Can't think of any more, feel free to continue the list.

Feel free to continue this list!

Posted by: Andrew | Feb 21, 2009 1:15:02 PM

5. You might also add that gay guys look better, smell better, feel better, and taste better too, like Christina Ricci said. Gay men have more fun, retain their enthusiasm for life, etc. Nice to come across a gay man who isn't wishing he was straight.

Posted by: Gabe R | Feb 22, 2009 3:27:37 PM

6. Not it at all, huh? Okay. Let's go to the hotel and tomorrow you'll see if you can get another big wad of sweaty money out of his hand.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 22, 2009 4:11:39 PM