Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Iraq | Military | Music Video | News

U.S. Soldiers in Iraq Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Stop Believin'

Soldiers

If this is what goes on in Army barracks in Iraq then I don't see how the argument that enlisting openly gay soldiers would affect troop morale holds any water.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Well when the day comes that we can't appreciate a couple of cute soldiers being silly, then shame on us. I do think its funny 1) how messy their rooms are. Isn't that out of line with Army discipline? 2) The beefier one does the whole thing with a mouth full to the brim with chew.

Posted by: Dr. Whose Bitter Now | Feb 2, 2009 12:34:38 PM

2. No gay man is that much of a slob. Blech!

Posted by: MT | Feb 2, 2009 12:35:44 PM

3. Meh. The video those rich Camp Cyprus 20 douchebags did for this song was more entertaining.

Posted by: Nick | Feb 2, 2009 12:37:31 PM

4. Oh please, David Ehrenstein. Obama is renegging on anything. He has only been in office for two weeks!

Posted by: sam | Feb 2, 2009 1:12:10 PM

5. ^^ Obama isn't renegging on anything.

Posted by: sam | Feb 2, 2009 1:13:12 PM

6. Thanks for keeping it real Sam, so of these over the top posters are amazing with the lack of knowledge they show with how government works, just get all shrill for no reason. They really do need to teach civics in school again.

On topic, they are kinda sexy, in that dumb staight guy way, LOL!

Posted by: Luke | Feb 2, 2009 1:23:37 PM

7. If you believe he's not renegging I bet you believe the people who made the video's claim that it isn't gay.

Obama wants LBGT money but not LBGT people.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 2, 2009 1:26:20 PM

8. Obama has not reneged on any of his Campaign promises. Quit hating, and get on the change team.

Here's what amuses me about all of this --there are already gays in the military. They are fucking and sucking and hitting on and shooting people and it has zero effect on morale until they get kicked out for being who they are. Therefore, removing "don't ask, don't tell" is simply an acknowledgment of reality -- a delicious pill that the army could use a serious dose of.

Posted by: Cameron Johnson | Feb 2, 2009 2:02:55 PM

9. There is something about straight guys "queening" out for lack of a better word that is so damn hot and sexy. I think it's because they still manage to look masculine while they do it, as strange as that sounds.

Posted by: Davey | Feb 2, 2009 2:11:00 PM

10. Cheesier than a pool of Velveeta. Still midly funny.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 2, 2009 2:13:49 PM

11. they are kids -- so young - I hope they get home safely

Posted by: walker | Feb 2, 2009 2:25:33 PM

12. That's some powerful Kool-Aid you're drinking Cameron.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 2, 2009 2:38:16 PM

13. Does anyone know how you pronounce Fablog? Is it Fa-Blog? That's kinda got a holiday ring to it, so I'm guessing not.

It must be Fab-Log. Which is exactly what I dropped in the toilet this morning.

Posted by: crispy | Feb 2, 2009 2:44:12 PM

14. "It must be Fab-Log. Which is exactly what I dropped in the toilet this morning"

I envy you, darlin'. Mine's wasn't fab--which is strange considering I had okra last night (cost me $2.99 per lb, dammit).

Are we getting down into the realm of raunchy straight-boy humor?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 2, 2009 2:56:46 PM

15. What a nice choreography boys :)
    ^^

Posted by: Clark | Feb 2, 2009 3:43:39 PM

16. ? Oh, I get it. It's supposed to be funny because real men don't act that way! I can't believe I live on this planet most of the time.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 2, 2009 3:55:00 PM

17. Isn't a shame that these young men's youth and vitality are being wasted in that stupid war? What's wrong with America that they didn't have other options for their lives?

Posted by: Castigator | Feb 2, 2009 4:07:07 PM

18. Two boys hyped silly on their own testosterone, acting just like other guys their age...

The point is not if they're gay (who the fuck cares?), but whether, having been betrayed as profit fodder by our government, they'll survive.

Posted by: Bryan | Feb 2, 2009 4:18:24 PM

19. The best part was the guy walking past them at the end, giving them a glance, and then going on his way.

I personally am a gay slob, but it's so rare I'm guessing these guys are straight. Either way, I liked it.

Posted by: Yeek | Feb 2, 2009 4:24:09 PM

20. I still see a big argument against it: who's gonna clean-up their rooms? Cuz quite frankly... Jus' kidding!
    Let us all remember that one of the most feared army of all antiquity was the Sacred Band of Thebes, composed of 150 homosexual couples.
    "None could fathom better force than this handful of men fighting side by side. A lover would have rather died than see his beloved abandoned in battle..."
    from a poem of Solon (638 BC–558 BC)

Posted by: P'tit Loup | Feb 2, 2009 5:05:37 PM

21. This is bittersweet to me. I just hope they make it home..THEY ARE KIDS. At some point lay off the queer cattiness and get to the real issue . They deserve our support and prayers ...period.

Posted by: Brent Skelton | Feb 2, 2009 5:22:01 PM

22. This is bittersweet to me. I just hope they make it home..THEY ARE KIDS. At some point lay off the queer cattiness and get to the real issue . They deserve our support and prayers ...period.

Posted by: Brent Skelton | Feb 2, 2009 5:23:50 PM

23. I didn't know McLovin was in the army!

Posted by: ChubbyJones | Feb 2, 2009 5:33:21 PM

24. MT, you haven't seen my house... WAY worse than these guys.

Posted by: Doug | Feb 2, 2009 5:44:21 PM

25. I don't care if they are gay.
    I don't care if they are lovers.
    I don't care if they are married.

I do care that they are willing to lay down their lives to protect the USA and every citizen of this country, as well as freedom loving people anywhere in the world. They have my utmost respect and gratitude. All I can say to them is THANK YOU, but that seems so inefficient.

Thank you for protecting me and the freedoms that I enjoy,

JD