Aaron Schock | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

CNN Turns Focus to GOP Congressman Aaron Schock's Abs

Schock

CNN's Howard Kurtz talks to Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL) about TMZ's interest in his abs.

Said Schock to CNN:

"People who watch TMZ or different mediums don't expect to see their congressman on such a show. They're used to seeing the Britney Spears or the movie star, but to see their hometown congressman on a show like this kind of raises their interest and gets them a little excited...I guess there's worse things they could be saying about you...I'm doing my part to get my message out and talk to the traditional media about those issues, but I also think some of these alternative forms are important because it gets non-traditional voters engaged...if they're learning about me on TMZ or some of these other blogs and YouTube videos then they're recognizing my face and my name so when I'm out on CNN or some of the other networks talking about issues, they're maybe going to stop from clicking the channel and listen to what I have to say."

Watch Kurtz's interview on Reliable Sources, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Every time I look at that photo I start getting a boner. Sometimes you really have to put politics aside. This is clearly one of those times....

Posted by: Yowza | Mar 23, 2009 9:43:52 PM

2. he hates you, and all of us. or, even if he doesn't, will vote for his brothern who do,

so, andy, stop giving him pub because he's not a fat blob congressman.

Posted by: chrisfish | Mar 23, 2009 9:43:58 PM

3. @Tread: "Every mannerism, every word, every facial expression screams 'closeted homosexual'". Oh Boy, I got slammed on this site not long ago for standing up for a 19 yr. old TV contestant who disliked stereotypical representations of 'Mo's by producers of "reality" shows. So if you attack the Repugs, it's OK to traffic in stereotypes ,huh? (BTW, I'm no GOP'er!)

This man comes across as just a nerdy midwest congressman of no special ability. I'd also note that the chaise pool photo has a busty woman in the background lovingly holding on to his chair, though it's not surprising some of you were blind to her presence.

Posted by: Contrarian | Mar 23, 2009 9:45:28 PM

4. Stan nobody cares if you are an independent,but they do care that you are an asshole that backs republican homophobes,thats the bigger picture isn't it?

Posted by: Chad | Mar 23, 2009 10:05:44 PM

5. I've been liberal since before I knew what liberal was. I'd argue with my parents as devil's advocate about religion and (before I came out to them) homosexuality. I was doing that at age 9. That said, my partner is a staunch conservative and somehow we've been making it work for five years. I'll say it's the most interesting and exciting relationship I've been in, and all because we didn't write each other off the moment we found out our respective political affiliations we found our soulmate.

Posted by: James | Mar 23, 2009 10:20:46 PM

6. calm down chad. Nobody said they would go campaign for the man, just that they would have sex with him (althougth begrudgingly) lol.

thanks james, sometimes people take it waaaay too seriously. If I liked someone and they were conservative, it would not be a deal breaker. You are right, sometimes it adds a little spice.

Posted by: Yowza | Mar 23, 2009 10:26:08 PM

7. So...cute and single = gay? This one ain't gay, sorry. I'm kinda glad he isn't, nothing more yucky than a bunch of homos turning into cats in heat over someone like this.

Posted by: clint | Mar 23, 2009 10:28:34 PM

8. calm down chad. Nobody said they would go campaign for the man, just that they would have sex with him (although begrudgingly) lol.

I don't think someone being a conservative republican is a dealbreaker. It certainly would spice things up, like James said....

imagine the make up sex!!

Posted by: Yowza | Mar 23, 2009 10:33:49 PM

9. What is hilarious to me is not that is is screamingly gay but that he represents "an inner city neighborhood of Peoria".

Inner city Peoria is big enough to have its own representative in Congress?!?!

Apparently his competitor made a big deal out of the fact he never had a girlfriend but noone cared.

Posted by: tony the tiger | Mar 23, 2009 11:16:35 PM

10. meh.

not that cute. and conservatives instantly lose sex appeal to me (even though I was conflicted over Andrew Sullivan when he got bearish. One friend of mine got very angry with me when I mentioned Sullivan got hot . . . so maybe conservative bears are more tempting to me than conservative twinks).

Posted by: Alex | Mar 23, 2009 11:40:30 PM

11. He's smarmy and gross. Pluck one more eyebrow hair and he'll be Jean Harlow.

Posted by: paul c | Mar 23, 2009 11:47:19 PM

12. He is HOT HOT HOT! I would not be able to resist him. :-)

Posted by: OnyxStud | Mar 24, 2009 12:11:04 AM

13. Schock should prove he is straight by getting Meghan McCain knocked up. That always works ... for a while.

Posted by: tony the tiger | Mar 24, 2009 12:53:26 AM

14. Big feet, nice legs and body...but invisible penis. Maybe he's transgender! The latest GOP scandal!!

Or maybe he's just overcompensating for something. Or maybe he's just an ass. That picture looks like the cover from an 80s movie about college kids on spring break.

Posted by: Geronimo | Mar 24, 2009 3:26:36 AM

15. If you watch carefully the TMZ video, he is going bald.

Posted by: Luke | Mar 24, 2009 4:34:25 AM

16. Am I the only one that's going to comment on his balls?

Posted by: Steve | Mar 24, 2009 6:32:15 AM

17. This guy is a Republican golden boy and being groomed to rise. He looks good, and yes he's 27, his resume can be (and has been) spun as that of a prodigy. He says all the right things for social, foreign policy, and economic conservatives, and from the meager voting record he has, backs it up. Bush flew in to do a fund raiser for him last summer when no other Republican would touch him, going as far to cancel events to avoid being associated with Dubya.

And yes, he is gay. It's widely known in the political class in Peoria, the big city in his district. It wasn't a well-kept secret in his high school or college, either. This guy is a bad news conservative and is probably going to rise until he crashes. It's only a matter of time and what. He may or may not survive the gay thing, but given how many people know in his home area, it's inevitable to come out some way or another.

He's not just on the right, he is far right. And don't let the school performance and resume fool you, he is naive combined with ambitious and totally self-serving, which is very dangerous should he attain real power. The naivete and ego may be his downfall.

Posted by: pia | Mar 24, 2009 6:47:16 AM

18. @Sam:

"If you are comfortable being friends with someone who personally feels you are less than other humans because of your sexual orientation, than by all means, go right ahead"

I never said that. My conservative friends do not in any way feel that i am less than other humans. They have made that very clear. They voted against gay marriage bans in Ohio. That is SUCH a stereotype and aren't we the ones trying to get people to STOP using stereotypes? There is a difference between ultra-right wing Christians and conservatives. In all actuality, a true conservative should not care about who we marry b/c the government should stay out of our personal lives.

My point, simply put is that he is young, likely has some gay friends. See what they can do.

Posted by: BC | Mar 24, 2009 10:31:15 AM

19. I'm 27 and I definitely don't have abs like those. Whoa!

Posted by: Noah | Mar 24, 2009 12:14:15 PM

20. I love the bitchy queens who hate Rep. Schock because he is a Republican. He is adorable and you all know that you would jump at the chance to sleep with him.

Posted by: GOPartyQueen | Mar 24, 2009 12:40:47 PM

21. Did he just come back from Disneyland? Those look like mouse ears on his head.

Posted by: dc8stretch | Mar 24, 2009 12:53:52 PM

22. Just a stereotype? Well, that stereotype (like many, many others) happens to have more than just a ring of truth to it. The vast majority of self identified conservatives do vote against gay rights and reproductive rights.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 24, 2009 1:17:23 PM

23. Actually, GOPARTYQUEEN, I find him physically attractive, but due to his anti-gay voting record I most definitely would NOT sleep with him. There are some levels to which I simply will not stoop.

Posted by: peterparker | Mar 24, 2009 1:43:57 PM

24. Why, exactly, are folks claiming that he's a social conservative or traditionalist that is opposed to gay marriage? I've searched his voting record and his public statements and I can't find it.

Is is just speculation (or pure hatred) that is behind the claim, or does someone have something they can point to?

Posted by: Timothy | Mar 24, 2009 2:29:18 PM

25. Did he actually say he'd like people see him take a position and that he'd like them to roll with it? One wonders what that position might be....top? bottom? Hmmmmm....

Posted by: Bruce | Mar 24, 2009 2:59:09 PM