Auctions | Daniel Day-Lewis | News | Underwear

Don't Take These to Your Beautiful Laundrette

Danieldaylewis

A pair of Daniel Day-Lewis' undies customized by the actor himself for a charity auction run by the UK Guardian. The paper's Simon Hattenstone writes: "Daniel Day-Lewis asked if it was OK to be rude. A few days later I received a pair with felt-tipped genitalia and 'Load of old bollocks' on them."

All of the pairs are currently up for auction on eBay

Comments

1. ANDY,

you saw "my beautiful laundrette"? wasn't it sexy? your a man after my own heart.

Posted by: nic | Mar 22, 2009 2:48:44 PM

2. The pants say "load of bollocks, old mate" and not "load of old bollocks, mate".

I want them.

Posted by: MoHoHawaii | Mar 22, 2009 2:58:10 PM

3. sorry, that should be "you're".

Posted by: nic | Mar 22, 2009 3:00:29 PM

4. I will never forget the eroticism of this movie. It was my first gay movie with people I could identify with.

The "Champagne Kiss" is still in my repertoire! Oh shit! I totally pretend I invented that with new dates! Doh!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Mar 22, 2009 3:10:45 PM

5. I haven't seen that movie for a long time, and I had totally forgotten about the "Champagne Kiss". Tonight may be a good night for some champagne.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 22, 2009 3:50:09 PM

6. I became such a fan with the double whammy of My Beautiful Laundrette & A Room With A View in the same season. It was hard to believe it was the same actor.
    Is it wrong that I want to bid on them?

Posted by: Stephen | Mar 22, 2009 4:51:57 PM

7. MohoHawaii: Unlikely; DDL is a Brit and "a load of old bollocks" is a standard expression here that means "a load of crap" - we almost never say "old mate" besides.

Posted by: Ste | Mar 22, 2009 7:10:25 PM

8. If only he had worn them!

Posted by: Jeff Atwood | Mar 22, 2009 8:31:30 PM

9. @ Jeff Atwood,

It says they're his, so he probably has.

Posted by: Wheezy | Mar 22, 2009 11:02:37 PM

10. Ah, the Champagne Kiss! What a wonderful moment. The intimacy of that scene had me twisting in my seat the first time I saw it. One of the most romantic scenes ever. Sigh.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Mar 23, 2009 8:16:12 AM