Crime | New York | News

New York Newsman's Teen Killer is Knife-Collecting Satanist

Katehis

Gawker has posted some photos, from the MySpace profile of John Katehis, identified by the New York Post as the 16-year-old  who confessed to the murder of WABC newsman George Weber. The two apparently met via an ad Weber had placed on Craigslist.

Writes Katehis in his profile: "I like to do crazy and wild things.im like an adrenaline junkie, I'm always looking for a big thrill, I'm a big risk taker and like to live life on the edge.I am an Extremist, an Anarchist,and a Sadomasochist. As long as you show respect for me i will show respect for you, if you disrespect me, then i will fucking break your neck."

Katehis also has a YouTube page full of prank phone calls.

Comments

1. That kid must have some serious problems, but it is hard for me to feel bad for a man who was paying a child for sex.

Posted by: Eric | Mar 25, 2009 1:38:49 PM

2. Ah, yes, I can terrible for this angelic 16 year old child having some awful 47 year old homosexual predator trolling after him. The photographs of this angel child playing with his knives are adorable.

Po' little angel chile. Bad, bad, bad dead middle-aged homo.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 25, 2009 1:45:26 PM

3. Though I'm no fan of men in their 40's having sex with teens, 16 is the age of consent in New York, so so far as the law is concerned, it was sex between consenting partners. The prostitution part was illegal, naturally, but the age difference was merely skeevy. In any case, Eric, you make it sound like the man somehow deserved to die. A little harsh, no?

I feel sorry for them both; the kid's clearly all kinds of fucked up.

Posted by: Dan E | Mar 25, 2009 1:55:11 PM

4. @ Eric - Shut the fuck up.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Mar 25, 2009 1:58:55 PM

5. In fairness, it could have been sexual abuse which caused this "angel chile" to turn into a teenage anti-Christ, but that wasn't George Weber's fault.

Look, I am 5'6", aint too fat, aint too muscular, and aint very masculine. I've had teenage boys come on to me very strong and domineering, and sometimes using humiliating sexual insults when I turned them down. DON'T F....KING tell me that gay men caught with teenage bo...teenage ganstas are predatory trolls. Sometimes the predator is the 16 year old angel child carrying the blade.

(...should not of told my height on the blogs...I'll loose my sex appeal.)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 25, 2009 2:02:52 PM

6. I have no pity for such a murderous piece of junk. Off to the chair, or jail.

Posted by: nikko | Mar 25, 2009 2:07:38 PM

7. sounds like knife play and blood sports gone bad.

YES, there is a kink called = knife play.
    Yes, there is a kink called = blood play

Yes, there are people into it both..... straight and gay.

weber mixed his fetish with a desire for youth and ended up with an inexperienced and emotionally immature/ unstable kid + drugs for both = tragedy.

I don't recommend knife play and or blood sports for any kink players, but if you are going to do such then don't do it with an inexperienced kid. In the case of kink = age generally means experience = safety

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 25, 2009 2:09:00 PM

8. Eric, what a presumptuous comment! The little shit portrayed himself as 18 on other websites, so why would you assume Weber knew his true age. For all we know, the accused presented himself as 20 on Craig's List. Stop judging the dead, you're in no position to do so.

Posted by: Tom | Mar 25, 2009 2:11:30 PM

9. STAY OFF OF CRAIG'S LIST!!!!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 25, 2009 2:12:52 PM

10. People who call 16-year-olds "children" are ridiculous, and probably the same people who would call Weber a "pedophile" without even knowing what the word means. "Children" are prepubescent. I weep for humanity. People are so stupid.

Posted by: Ugh | Mar 25, 2009 2:15:51 PM

11. Erik, one day, you too, will be 40. Now, moving on, it's gotta be asked: what part about "or I'll break your fucking neck" didn't Weber get? Or, what part about the pics with knives didn't Weber get? Craigslist is, um, just not a good place to meet guys, of any age.

Posted by: mike | Mar 25, 2009 2:30:05 PM

12. UGH, you said it best. A 16-year old is hardly a "child". He's a consenting adult under most age of consent laws. He should be tried as an adult, too. Death penalty, anyone?

Posted by: mike | Mar 25, 2009 2:32:24 PM

13. @ Ugh.Aint that the truth.Although that is no different from some bitter middle-aged homo calling a 21/22 year old a "twink" Just because he is 5' 7 or 5' 8''.That is definitely visible STUPIDITY let alone IGNORANCE.

Posted by: SOL | Mar 25, 2009 2:32:29 PM

14. Where do these little gutter rats get off? "If you disrespect me.."? Disrespect you? Oh, I disrespect you. I more than disrespect you. I think you're piece of shit.

Posted by: Julius Barr | Mar 25, 2009 2:34:26 PM

15. I hope those of you that prefer younger guys aren't relying on the age they tell you when you hook up with them. Even if they lie about their age, you have committed a felony if they are underage. Their lie is not your defense.

And 17 is the age of consent in New York.

And I don't think he deserved to be murdered, but it's hard for me to feel sorry for him. He should have known better than to 1) be buying sex, 2) even agree to have sex with a minor (whether he knew he was 16 or not is irrelevant under the law), and 3) agree to such extreme fetish with a complete stranger.

Weber isn't the innocent harmless man that you all seem to want to paint him as.

I'm also not saying that the kid isn't culpable. He already admitted he murdered the guy (though we don't know all the details of what happened.) Like I said before, the kid must have serious problems that really need to be addressed.

Posted by: Eric | Mar 25, 2009 2:35:46 PM

16. Yeah. Addressed with an electric chair.

Posted by: Julius Barr | Mar 25, 2009 2:39:48 PM

17. "...sounds like knife play and blood sports gone bad.

YES, there is a kink called = knife play.
    Yes, there is a kink called = blood play

Yes, there are people into it both..... straight and gay."

JIMMY, are you serious? Oh, my Lord. I've got friends in New York who are into S&M-- or is it Leather (are they the same thing?). Well, anyway, the worst they do is put leashes on each other and crawl around.

"blood sports"? ...with rough trade...oh, no.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 25, 2009 2:41:56 PM

18. I'm so sure his ad said he was 16.

More like when he got there, older man realised he was too young and asked him to leave and got murdered for that $60

What a piece of garbage that "boy" is!

Posted by: Marc | Mar 25, 2009 2:46:46 PM

19. Why should he have "known better" than buying sex? True, perhaps he could've paused while buying sadomasochistic sex from a mentally-ill 16-year-old with a knife fetish and proclivity for violence, but gee, if he had HAD all of that information, don't you think he would have? What sane person would do that? I am willing to bet he didn't know most of that, and the risk he took unfortunately did not pan out for him. That still has nothing to do the issue of prostitution itself.

Posted by: Ugh | Mar 25, 2009 2:51:32 PM

20. "if you disrespect me, then i will fucking break your neck." Didn't Bristol Palin's BF/baby daddy say the same thing?

Posted by: woodroad34 | Mar 25, 2009 2:59:25 PM

21. I can't muster the energy to sit back and criticize either party involved.

We've all done foolish things - in our youth and in the pursuit of sex, some times at the same time. So I'll keep my stones in the bag against the wall.

It's just so sad...and speaks about so many factors at work in our society in relation to gayness, age, sex, etc.

Posted by: Ben | Mar 25, 2009 3:04:53 PM

22. Apparently he didn't hear the "safe" word.

Posted by: anon | Mar 25, 2009 3:04:58 PM

23. UGH,

You can expect Katehis' defense lawyer to latch onto his client's age, the prostitution aspect, and his client's mental instability. The jury will see "bad bad man tries to take advantage of younger guy" and "murderer doesn't have mental stability to know right from wrong." There is the very real possibility that he will be acquitted of murder or given a lesser sentence.

Whether or not you agree with that, Weber made a bad decision into a worse one.

Posted by: Eric | Mar 25, 2009 3:06:59 PM

24. "He should have known better than to engage in illegal activities because it makes the situation look worse when it comes to light."

If by situation you mean his own murder, I think "how it looks" is the least of his worries - you know ...being dead and all.

Posted by: giovanni | Mar 25, 2009 3:26:30 PM

25. Eric,

whether it's Sam Adams or this Weber guy, some gays will defend their "right" to seek out young men of questionable age until their last breath (which apparently is a lot sooner than many of them realize)

Posted by: Stan | Mar 25, 2009 3:31:44 PM