News | Paul Rudd | Tom Ford

Paul Rudd is Tom Ford in Vanity Fair Nude Cover Parody

Ruddcomedylegends

Paul Rudd, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, and Jason Segel appear in an Annie Leibovitz self-parody of her well-known Tom Ford/Keira Knightley/Scarlett Johannson Vanity Fair cover for the magazine's April 2009 issue on 'Comedy's New Legends'. Amusing, but it would certainly have been funnier if the men had taken the fully-nude plunge as the women did.

The foursome also posed for the cover, below.

A behind-the-scenes video and the Leibovitz cover parodied above, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comedy

Comments

1. I might add that contrary to what some say, making someone laugh doesn't automatically mean you find them sexually desirable.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Mar 2, 2009 6:56:19 PM

2. they couldn't show their skin what hypocrites!!

Posted by: alan brickman | Mar 2, 2009 7:29:36 PM

3. I would do all of them, Jonah mostly.
    Chubby men are very sexy

Posted by: *M* | Mar 2, 2009 8:28:16 PM

4. "Yeah, paul rudd used to be quite hot. He's still got a good face, but apparently that's what happens when you get old."

Ed Koch is old. Paul Rudd isn't old. 40 was old maybe in 1812; in 2009 it's on the bright side of middle-age. I would have found him hot when I was 20, and I find him hot now, even with an extra inch around the waist. (On SNL not that long ago, he looked in fine shape to me.) So much more interesting than the hairless cookie cutter gym bunny look. But to each his own.

I agree, though, the photo would be better without the silly padding.

Posted by: Ernie | Mar 2, 2009 9:45:02 PM

5. I cede the point. He's on the very sunny side of middle age. Middle age is a funny concept created to appease the vanity, yah--to beat back the relatively short window of the male sexual peak and nurture the illusion that one can be youthful without being young. Trade on the inherent logical vagueness of the term, and voila, the market has spoken.

To repeat, I used to find him extremely attractive despite his height. His charming personality is nothing to dismiss in evaluating his attractiveness, but he's let himself get sloppy looking with the gut and hips; it's largely avoidable; and thus, a shame.

But he's heterosexual, and heterosexual women are much more forgiving than gay men, so his incentive for physical best is considerably diminished if not nonexistent in conjunction with his profession.

Oy, I'm a bit disappointed...that I wasted this much effort in clarifying and correcting my remarks on this topic.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 2, 2009 10:31:37 PM

6. TANK: HUH?
    I'm SO not picking a fight with you,but, I am interested to know your age? You commented on Madonna/Cindy recently in a way that combined with your above comment just makes me want to know.

No issue, just wondering.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Mar 3, 2009 1:46:01 AM

7. Derek, a previous stalker of Tank's indicated that Tank is 27. Having been stalked on this site once before, I remember and am horrified by such things (I used to post my real name, back when Towleroad was slightly less of a bitchfest).

Tank, please correct me if I'm wrong. Though I was surprised to see you linking Cyndi Lauper to Siouxsie. I followed them both at the time, and never saw a link.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 3, 2009 6:37:38 AM

8. Vanity Fair? UUUGH.
    They, 2-3 years ago, had the chutzpah to do a feature on women in comedy & conspicuously omitted Tracy Ulman.
    They're better suited as an outlet for Dominic Dunne's gushing.

Posted by: mike shackleford | Mar 3, 2009 7:18:26 AM

9. I though Seth Rogen was on the coke diet? Doesn't look it...

And I also wish men were held to the same standards as women. Being a little "thick" is not the same as being fat and sloppy, which would describe these guys (Hill, especially) save Rudd.

Posted by: Nick | Mar 3, 2009 12:20:48 PM

10. After all, if these were women comedians who looked like this they wouldn't be movie stars, so its a double standard to demand that we sexually desire these men, when their female equivalents are not desired. I guess being a real man means being out of shape and putting yourself at risk for heart attacks, strokes, not to mention belching and farting all the time? That said, Paul is still cute, if a little chubby.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Mar 3, 2009 12:35:38 PM

11. I don't care about the photo. I just hate all these guys and everyone else in the Judd Apatow oeuvre. What a bunch of pretentious jerks.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Mar 3, 2009 12:43:28 PM

12. Close, 82--er, 28; much too close to 35 to be honest about it anymore. I'm not surprised you never linked them, because her early looks in the seventies weren't like cyndi's. But I think the comparison comes out in cyndi's early eighties output and siouxsi's in their makeup choice and also, to a certain degree, in wardrobe (for example, the dear prudence cover). Cyndi's hair, of course, is hers. I'm not suggesting that cyndi stole her look or that her look isn't original, just inspired.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 3, 2009 1:43:57 PM

13. Proof that even anything or anyone connected with Judd Apatow is not funny, either.

Posted by: bc | Mar 8, 2009 4:25:57 PM