Ellen DeGeneres | Gay Marriage | Jimmy Kimmel | News | Portia de Rossi

Portia de Rossi Issues Apology for Marrying Ellen DeGeneres

Portia

Portia de Rossi has issued an apology to all those she has harmed by her marriage to Ellen DeGeneres.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I knew I'd get branded a sexist! LMAO! Oh, how myopic...how utterly clueless. This "movement" deserves nothing. Weak men. Weak people. There aren't any goldas here.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 22, 2009 2:47:56 PM

2. TANK I'd like to know what 'activism' you have done, besides always coming here and bitching about others. Your anger is so misplaced and misdirected that I doubt that even years of therapy could help you.

I speak from over 27 years of working in the gay community, from GMHC, NGLTF,ACT UP, QUEER NATION and other groups serving both the gay and straight community, like Front Runners, Big Brothers, and my work today for Gods Love We Deliver.

I hear you rant but do not hear any ideas except hate from you. Get help. And if you dislike the 'fags' here, why is it you are always trolling here?

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2009 2:55:34 PM

3. One more thing Douche, AKA TANK, what is the fixation on dead Jewish woman, who were activists, like Hannan Arendt and Golda Meir? You have some weird shit going on.

At first I thought you were one of those pathetic trolls, who got locked up in the supply closet in grade school and now lashes out at others, if that's the case those kids who did that to you were straight. Go to Rush Limbaugh's site.

But if you are in fact not a ten year old in mind, and instead an angry old Jewish Grandmother, whose son's coming out broke her heart and you want to piss us off, it's not working. Go back to your Mahjong game, the other old ladies are waiting.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2009 3:57:36 PM

4. amusing 'PSA' by portia. ;-)

as for all these comments...goodnesssss.

I do agree with Tank on one thing - we shouldn't rely so much on the celeb factor. i mean, a lot of people in hollywood spoke out against it, but a lot hardly financially fought against it, which is fine...but lots were hoping that they would contribute. I think that was one mistake made in the fight against prop 8. it takes more than 'star' power to make a difference.

anyways, at least portia and ellen got married and keep refering to each other as their 'wife' - - they're not backing down. whether it's them, me or anyone else...we all have different ways of fighting for something we believe in. if tank feels there is a better way of being an activist, so be it. he'll do it his way then. if tank feels like insulting people, so be it. IGNORE HIM THEN. don't go and insult him back. (suicide belt? come on now.. not helping anyone or anything) that never gets anyone anywhere and ya all end up sounding like idiots in the end, well intentioned or not.

ugh, i hate sounding preachy, but towleroad is an awesome site, and i hate seeing all these insults flying back and forth. shame

Posted by: liz | Mar 22, 2009 4:01:25 PM

5. Yeah, patrick, because arendt and meir played mahjong and served cookies. They were just your average brooklyn bubbes...I'm not going to play the lowest hand in the game (e.g., sexist, racist, etc), and call you an antisemite, but I'm not ruling it out, either. And no, arendt isn't poli sci 101 reading material (I doubt you've even ever read her), though now she's becoming quite fashionable for some reason. My area of expertise isn't continental philosophy, though I do enjoy her more than the other of their 20th c. political theorists like habermas.

And you can stop with the pop psych diagnoses and profiles. It's common and foolish. No, I'm not an old Jewish woman (though we could learn some valuable lessons from some tough old jewish broads like arendt and meir), nor was I locked in a "supply closet" (when were you in HS, the fifties?!) by bullies. I'm younger than you, gramps. And you served your purpose by helping (I don't know how actively...maybe you held a sign) get hiv/aids addressed nationally and treatments funded--mainstreamed it, and ended some of the harmful stigmas associated. You can go away now, because clearly your activism hasn't gotten us so much as workplace antidiscrimination legislation on the federal level passed. And how little is that?

Posted by: TANK | Mar 22, 2009 4:19:59 PM

6. LOL

TANK you are not only a douche bag, you are one major fucked up douche bag. To take my cynical jokes about Meir and Arendt, and yes I knew of them before you were born you dick, is to miss the point. And not the obvious point between your ears.

My work speaks for it's self. I was not asked to run the Gay Games Marathon in NYC because I 'held signs', but because I was a long time activist who knew people and how to get shit done.

Meanwhile you still have not listed any of your activist work, or and ideas. Until then you little shit, us 'old timers' will still do our work, while you whine and rant. and little else.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2009 4:35:59 PM

7. "My work speaks for it's self."

But very quietly...

Posted by: TANK | Mar 22, 2009 5:19:26 PM

8. LOL

Still no word of your 'works', besides picking fights with those 'gramps' who do. Again I did not call it first, but you are a major douche bag.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2009 5:31:55 PM

9. Were the athletes well hydrated, patrick?

Posted by: TANK | Mar 22, 2009 5:38:53 PM

10. OK I see, you are not going to back your 'works' with deeds, instead try to trash or mock my work. Well according to the front page in the NY Times the day after the Marathon, the race was not only the first, besides the NYC Marathon, to be held in the city, and yes I had the help of my friends at the NYRRC, but it was one of the few that did not lose but yet made money.

In both Vancouver and Amsterdam, where it was both hot and not well hydrated, I placed second and eleventh, despite lack of water and heat. Little man.

Despite the fact the city tried to cancel our race in NYC, because of the heat, and we were not 'real runners'. Learn a bit about history before you judge.

PS. Still waiting on your resume. Douche bag.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2009 5:55:36 PM

11. wow. i am glad that, for once, i am not in this slap down. you go guys. i don't have a bit.., er, dog in this fight.

i just want to repeat, "we are not each others' enemies." let's direct our anger outward -- like at repugs and mormons.

Posted by: nic | Mar 22, 2009 7:04:52 PM

12. NIC

I am not TANK's enemy, but I will not hear him trash people here or me and let him go unanswered.

That said, I have to pick up food tomorrow for people who are in need, so I will sign off and say to all who come to ANDY's site, it's a great place to hear what is going on and to care for others.

I do not hate TANK, MORMONS or the GOP. I had lunch with two of my brothers who are both conservative Right Wing Catholics, there are two others who were not there.

We have learned to love and deal with our differences. I hope all will get this gift.
    Life is short, I only poke a stick at TANK because like any other wounded animal, he needs to be helped.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2009 7:18:43 PM

13. Let me get this "straight":

Posting anonymous comments makes you a "masculine" and "tough" activist. Having kittens on your MySpace profile picture makes you "a man". Attacking others who are your "comrades" makes you "stronger". Frequenting a blog in which the opinions of the blogger and commentators run contrary to ones own makes you "keen". Sitting in front of your computer for hours posting personal attacks makes you "righteous".

Any thing else I'm forgetting "Tank"?

Posted by: CJ | Mar 22, 2009 8:14:23 PM

14. Wow, pat, you really held my feet to the coals with those blistering upbraids. Parroting "douche bag" really hurtz... ha ha ha. I don't feel the need to parade my good deeds on the comments section to somehow pump myself up, and pat myself on the back. Just so long as the marathon was good for US, and the world changed their mind about gay people...didja march in the st. patrick's day parade this year, pat? Campaign for equality in chelsea? You and the other athletes march? Whatever.

Wounded animal? Poking with sticks? That's just your pop psych defense mechanism of yours to somehow justify your "activism".

Yeah ceej, you missed just about everything I wrote. Where did I post any of that drivel? Yet another failed attempt to mischaracterize my words by someone who clearly has an axe to grind. I'm done with you guys.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 22, 2009 8:53:17 PM

15. How was any of this about you Tank? You're acting like a spoiled child.

"I'm done with you guys".

Can we get that in a written, notarized document?

Posted by: CJ | Mar 22, 2009 9:32:08 PM

16. And at root is the naked claim that if someone isn't an activist, they can't criticize the work of activists. I wouldn't consider myself an activist, but I've organized and participated in acts of civil disobedience, volunteered and donated money, and still do. Nonetheless, "activist" is not what I'd call myself.

But that's the premise.

If you aren't an activist or haven't contributed to cause x, you can't criticize activists or others who have.

Isn't that convenient? It completely insulates those who fail (and let's be honest, on the federal level (and in many states), there isn't a single thing worth talking about when it comes to lgbt civil rights leadership. Results are all the matters in the final analysis, and we have none to show for it. It simply doesn't matter.) from criticism, and honestly, the argument for it is so unsound it's offensive to any thinking person.

Once again, comedy isn't going to win rights, and neither is a lesbian celebrity attempting satire to shame the opposition. No appeal to basic human dignity and human rights wins them. This is borne out throughout history, and right now in the world. Sending them up? Yeah, it's symptomatic of a general helplessness and passive aggressiveness that's pervasive in the lgbt communities...but especially among gay men.

CEEJ, why are you addressing me, then? Go away.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 22, 2009 9:47:48 PM

17. Tank:

Posted by: CJ | Mar 22, 2009 9:51:00 PM

18. MAde me smile

Tank = annoying

Posted by: KFLO | Mar 22, 2009 10:09:41 PM

19. Tank, it isn't your criticizing of failed efforts at equality or at celebrity worship that seems to be anyone's issue with you. It's you inability to offer anything constructive along with our carps. It seems to usually be an insult paired with name calling and then defensive retorts. If you offered a reasoned, measured opinion that didn't come off as childish (and in many cases self-loathing, sexist, or ageist), maybe people would listen instead of dismiss.

And when you say you're "done," maybe you shouldn't respond. It's like a neverending farewell tour.

Posted by: John | Mar 22, 2009 11:02:12 PM

20. 'didja march in the st. patrick's day parade this year, pat? '

No and I have not since I told my homophobic Uncle, James Barker, who ran the parade, that until he stopped his bullshit I would not.

So once again you ass fart, at least I put my money where my mouth is. Again, still waiting for the list of places or groups where you work or do an ounce of good is douche bag.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2009 11:40:36 PM

21. "Yeah, I'm a douche...and I couldn't care less." is not an invitation to discussion.

It's fair warning not to engage, unless you are looking to engage with a douche who couldn't couldn't care less.

Posted by: MammaB | Mar 23, 2009 12:11:02 AM

22. Since we've decided to make this a personal attack...

And that's the secod time you've brought that up, mammab. I wouldn't have a discussion with you at gunpoint. People like you are talked at, not with. Make no mistake, you're scum.

Now it's me vs. the rest who are cranky about my calling them out on their weakness which this IS representative of, and which I'll never tolerate. You're total losers, the lotta ya bums ganging on one poster who's KICKING YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES. Ya haven't an original thought, and you haven't addressed a single point I've made, which indicates the great magnitude in which you're missing the point and failing to comprehend what I've written.

Also, I've been accused of sexism by either a person with severe cognitive disabilities or a bullshit artist. I anticipated it...I've dealt with your kind before. And accompanying that failed accusation is "self loathing" and ageist. Do me a favor and hang yourself, you bore. Take the rest of your hand wringing idiotic professional victim brothers and sisters with you, too; you're an anchor on achieving equal rights. You've thoroughly distinguished yourselves as petty complacent fools.

What I can count on is more people agree with me than with you. That personal enough for ya, douchers?

Posted by: TANK | Mar 23, 2009 1:29:26 AM

23. Wacko + Issues + Anger + Ego + Penis (tiny) = Tank

Posted by: Derek | Mar 23, 2009 3:14:18 AM

24. Brilliant

As for Tank, what he says in unimportant and we do not hear his words.

(I just called Tank a liar*)

*Star Trek reference #6

Posted by: protogenes | Mar 23, 2009 8:35:41 AM

25. I liked it. Humor is a good tool. To those who think we are just "ladies" and "weak", then please show us how much of an activist and go getter you are. Post your real names and start organizing your days of violence against the heteroes. I'm quite sure that will endear them to us.
    Good luck with that.