Brokeback Mountain | Bromance | News | Reality TV

Straight Guys Spend the Night Spooning on Survivor: Tocantins

Surivivor1

Forget the fact that the gay Survivor contesant Spencer was kicked off the show a while back. The Survivor: Tocantins producers turned a rainy night for two presumably straight male contestants on Exile Island into an innuendo-laden Brokeback-style adventure. After Brendan presents Stephen with the gift of a snakeskin boa, they spend the night spooning together. The producers go so far as to compare them to two copulating frogs.

Survivor2 Says Stephen: "I have never been so close to another man. He and I spooned for all we were worth. Nothing could prepare me for lying against a hunk of man."

Says Brendan: "The night Stephen and I had out here on Exile was probably the worst night I've had. So we huddled up and spooned all night and had a great bonding experience...And that's the one really cool thing about Exile it's just a bonding experience far greater than what could happen back at our tribes."

Watch the segment, AFTER THE JUMP...

Survivor3

Comments

1. Awww, that was cute!

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Mar 27, 2009 9:32:46 AM

2. Is it wrong that I am so turned on by this?

Posted by: J | Mar 27, 2009 9:33:53 AM

3. That was cute and funny. They seem to have a good sense of humor about themselves.

Posted by: stephen k | Mar 27, 2009 9:41:37 AM

4. I know both guys are straight. But why is my gaydar going off on Brendan? Odd. Very cute clip though.

Posted by: David in Houston | Mar 27, 2009 10:22:22 AM

5. what else is there to say but..

spooning leads to forking!

i love it..i can't help it!

Posted by: todd | Mar 27, 2009 10:35:02 AM

6. @ David in Houston: That's not your gaydar going off - it's your naughty parts getting tingly.

Posted by: oneway | Mar 27, 2009 11:19:36 AM

7. It's so disappointing to click on this and see that no one has made the obligatory "why is this here/who gives a shit" comment yet.

I like Brendan and Taj, but since they're both rich, I'm pulling for Stephen.

Posted by: paul c | Mar 27, 2009 12:32:21 PM

8. Yes, straight men are allowed to touch.

Posted by: Timmeeeyyy | Mar 27, 2009 12:49:50 PM

9. Obviously homophobia causes gay people more trouble, but it's also a shame that it has affected how men relate to other men, regardless of sexuality.

Posted by: BobN | Mar 27, 2009 3:16:34 PM

10. Stupid stupid stupid. Spooning is a minimalist survival technique while in the wild. We did it by 2,3,4 guys when I was in the army and nobody ever thought this was remotely sexual. It's cool though because you feel the secureness of brotherhood. Guys are so frightened AND obsessed with sex that even gay dudes giggle like teenage girls because of the slightest contact.

Posted by: Catalyst | Mar 28, 2009 11:17:12 AM

11. Brendan is HOTTTT. I'd spoon him anytime, anyday!

Posted by: zeke | Mar 28, 2009 5:30:23 PM

12. "contesant Spencer was kicked off the show a while back"...
    NOT TRUE! He was kicked off the show one week prior to the above episode. That really isn't "a while back".

Posted by: B | Mar 29, 2009 4:32:01 PM

13. Spencer was voted off two weeks ago (there was a 1-week hiatus).

Posted by: Philip Wester | Mar 30, 2009 6:58:41 AM

14. Like spooning? - www.ratemyspoon.com - The first community spooning website in the world! Win cash and prizes for spooning anything u want!

Posted by: Firux | Jun 4, 2009 12:45:42 AM