Barack Obama | Ellen DeGeneres | Jimmy Kimmel | Katy Perry | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #451

SPECIAL OLYMPICS: Tim Shriver, head of the Special Olympics, responds to Obama's remark.

AIG WIFE: No, the bonuses won't be returned.

BATHROOM CONCERT SERIES: Ellen and Katy Perry kissed a girl and liked it. You may remember Ellen and John Mayer's recent restroom rendition of Lady GaGa.

GET THAT BABY OFF MY LAWN: Jimmy Kimmel on Octo-mom's neighbors.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Gee, Imagine the outrage if the president had said that his game was "so gay!".

Posted by: jmcdonald | Mar 20, 2009 7:10:57 PM

2. Totally inappropriate, I'm stunned by Obama's comment.

Posted by: CJ | Mar 20, 2009 7:26:02 PM

3. This man has to fix a country!! cut him some slack..hopefully he won't be dragged down by polictal corectness...george never listened to it...

Posted by: alan brickma | Mar 20, 2009 7:45:55 PM

4. Did people really think that it was funny, or were they perhaps laughing at Obama for making such an a$$ out of himself???

Posted by: Rhea | Mar 20, 2009 7:46:45 PM

5. Oh whatever...yeah it was a silly thing to say - but where is the outrage of taking away the marriage rights of millions of gay americans... where is the outrage when we are called fags - where is the outrage when gays are beaten and killed. Two wrongs don't justify his comment, but from the response in the press today you'd think he murdered somebody. I'm dead serious, yet once again there is a double standard. Gays are absolutely not taken seriously - we are a minority that it is OK to ridicule and bash. Andrea Mitchell looked like she was about ready to cry in that interview... I can guarantee she or any other press would have that same reaction about someone bashing a gay person - or for that matter taking away our civil rights. I am utterly disgusted!

Posted by: Mike | Mar 20, 2009 7:58:06 PM

6. ...i'm special needs and I was not offended by the remark...that IS o.k. isn't it...?

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Mar 20, 2009 7:59:34 PM

7. Had a typo in my previous comment... I meant to write: I can guarantee she or any other press would NOT have that same reaction about someone bashing a gay person - or for that matter taking away our civil rights. I am utterly disgusted!
    Oh, and btw, the first comment was absolutely on target... if he would have said "So Gay" - everyone would have laughed and no one would have complained except the gay community... but we don't count so it would have been a big collective yawn from the mainstream press.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 20, 2009 8:03:16 PM

8. You don't get it, yeahisaidit. This is offensive and wrong whether you're offended by it or not. ...this time, I won't take a chance.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 20, 2009 8:12:52 PM

9. Well CJ, we finally agree! Completely offended by Obama's comment.

We can only hope that his concern for the LGBT community goes beyond his concern for those with special needs! However, given his recent track record I doubt it.

Again, when the teleprompter stops he shows his true colors...and they are NOT sympathetic. Pathetic and sad would be closer to the truth.

Posted by: RB | Mar 20, 2009 8:44:06 PM

10. And on Obama's comment, the GOP is going "THANK you JESUS!!!"

Posted by: Rad | Mar 20, 2009 8:54:32 PM

11. ...well alright tank...after reading your comment i've changed my mind, I'M OUTRAGED over Obama's remark and will start losing sleep over it ASAP...not! you did get the memo where he apologized to all he so viciously maligned...hope forgiveness is one of the tools in your box...if not, how sad 'cuz if you can't forgive then don't ever ask to be forgiven, but wait, you're more than likely one of those perfect people who has never ever made a boneheaded attempt at being funny or misspoke about any group of people whatsoever, so just disregard
    this response to your response to my original comment...

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Mar 20, 2009 9:21:55 PM

12. congrats, Barrack, you have managed to cheapen the presidency and make people hate you all in one evening.

Posted by: niles | Mar 20, 2009 10:08:02 PM

13. Niles,RB,Tank,& Rhea,

four very special people.

Posted by: Q | Mar 20, 2009 10:35:18 PM

14. "you have managed to cheapen the presidency"

Wait, this post is about Bush, right? Because hundreds of dead soldiers seem to have a way of truly tarnishing things...

Posted by: Yul Brynner | Mar 20, 2009 10:39:11 PM

15. Just because George W. Bush was so loathed, does not mean you have to cut Obama slack. I am sorry, but if a Republican had said that you guys would be dragging them over the coals now. And that is the truth.

Furthermore, I believe some people get off more easily saying things than others - depending on who they are. And it is more accpetable to make fun of some people (Asians, gays, disabled) than others (black people).

If somebody had made a stupid crack referencing black people it would be front page news and Al Sharpton would be marching in front of the Tonight Show. I am so sick of the double standards. It sucks.

Posted by: Andy | Mar 21, 2009 1:35:42 AM

16. ...and like. OMG Andy, what about handicapped blsck people? ...GAWD...!

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Mar 21, 2009 11:10:51 AM