Canada | Hockey | News | Sports

Canadian Sportscaster Roger Millions Had a Bit of a Blooper

Rogermillions

Canadian sportscaster Roger Millions didn't realize he was on live this week before the Blackhawks - Flames hockey game, and had "a bit of a blooper" as a fellow host put it.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP (language possibly nsfw)...

Comments

1. Yikes. Who says that as an expletive when they mess up? What a weird thing to say. And the fact that he said on LIVE TV is hilarious.

Posted by: Howard | Apr 17, 2009 7:08:55 PM

2. What is one? You know, the thing he said? I just stumbled on to this website. I don't know what it means? Someone sucks roosters?

Posted by: Leona | Apr 17, 2009 7:45:56 PM

3. By the way, I'm an 80-year old grandma who loves going down on my man every day. Love smacking those lips.

Posted by: Leona | Apr 17, 2009 7:47:24 PM

4. Less than 100 days and my anger is subsiding. The last eight years have been fucking hell

Posted by: frank | Apr 17, 2009 8:28:20 PM

5. I say shit like that when I'm angry. But personally, I tend to like cocksuckers. Hell, it's a fuck lot of fun!

Posted by: Bubb | Apr 17, 2009 8:42:06 PM

6. realistically - cocksuckers CAN BE men or women..lol

Posted by: Disgusted American | Apr 17, 2009 8:51:16 PM

7. Yeah, he wasn't calling anyone a cocksucker so it's really no problem. I can't get worked up over this one! Ha.

Posted by: hephaestion | Apr 17, 2009 8:57:47 PM

8. I am working up because he's hot

Posted by: Dhani Darko | Apr 17, 2009 9:19:19 PM

9. When I was at work a few years ago, a programmer was having problems finding a error in code. I walked over to help him and found the problem within a few seconds (fresh set of eyes and all that). We I found the error, he yelled "cocksucker!" I was out to everyone at work and I just turned, looked at him and smiled and said "You say that like it's a bad thing." Everyone busted out laughing.

Posted by: Ed | Apr 17, 2009 9:32:59 PM

10. "Cocksucker!" has been a part of the Canadian swearing lexicon for decades. A bit stronger that "Shit!"

Posted by: Alucious | Apr 17, 2009 11:08:15 PM

11. Cocksucker was always meant as a homophobic insult toward other males. You never hear hetero men calling someone a Cuntsucker! Shame on this reporter.

Posted by: nikko | Apr 18, 2009 3:38:12 AM

12. Nikko, you idiot, the guy called himself cocksucker.
    But I like cuntsucker. I think I'm going to start using that.

Posted by: Morten G | Apr 18, 2009 5:19:55 AM

13. Alucius is bang on right - cocksucker is commonly used as a curse word up here in Canada. And while it can be used as an insult, it is just as frequently used as a pure expletive and not directed at anyone.

As an expletive, it rolls off the tongue very well (no pun intended).

Posted by: jockbear | Apr 18, 2009 8:29:20 AM

14. He's cute for a ginger and has nice dimples.

Posted by: niles | Apr 18, 2009 8:57:02 AM

15. it's the pure comment that dribbles off one's mouth in an unguarded moment that is so revelatory. to suggest that he was referring to women in the "cocksucker" epithet is the dream that straight men dream on.

Posted by: nic | Apr 18, 2009 9:18:20 AM

16. Jockbear's got it in one. I've even heard gay men use it that way.

Posted by: Craig | Apr 18, 2009 10:30:35 AM

17. Ed, I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. I came out at my job after about a year and my immediate boss, who is really cool, was on the phone and was pissed and when he hung up he called whoever it was a cocksucker as I was walking in the office. I said exactly the same thing 'you say that like it's a bad thing' I saw him visibly GULP cause he remembered I'm one of them and I got to hold that over his head for a while.

Posted by: abden | Apr 18, 2009 12:14:02 PM

18. Ed, I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. I came out at my job after about a year and my immediate boss, who is really cool, was on the phone and was pissed and when he hung up he called whoever it was a cocksucker as I was walking in the office. I said exactly the same thing 'you say that like it's a bad thing' I saw him visibly GULP cause he remembered I'm one of them and I got to hold that over his head for a while.

Posted by: abden | Apr 18, 2009 12:15:11 PM

19. Oh, come on guys, we aren't getting upset over this are we? I find it funny, to be honest. Who cares what the actual word was, it was a too-taboo-for-tv curse word blurted out when he made a mistake.

Words in themselves do not hurt, it is all about context - and let's face it, the context of this is that a guy said something out of anger with himself.

Posted by: Craigo | Apr 18, 2009 4:38:58 PM

20. Am I meant to be offended?

I think it's funny.

Posted by: Stephen | Apr 19, 2009 2:36:02 AM

21. LOL!!!!! i love news bloopers. there are some really good ones on youtube.

Posted by: lucas h | Apr 19, 2009 4:05:51 PM

22. uh...it's a canadian news show. the only thing less relevant - or less viewed - would be Entertainment Tonight Kabul!

Posted by: Ron Oliver | Apr 20, 2009 2:43:44 AM