Comments

1. Ed says

When I was at work a few years ago, a programmer was having problems finding a error in code. I walked over to help him and found the problem within a few seconds (fresh set of eyes and all that). We I found the error, he yelled “cocksucker!” I was out to everyone at work and I just turned, looked at him and smiled and said “You say that like it’s a bad thing.” Everyone busted out laughing.

2. nikko says

Cocksucker was always meant as a homophobic insult toward other males. You never hear hetero men calling someone a Cuntsucker! Shame on this reporter.

3. jockbear says

Alucius is bang on right – cocksucker is commonly used as a curse word up here in Canada. And while it can be used as an insult, it is just as frequently used as a pure expletive and not directed at anyone.

As an expletive, it rolls off the tongue very well (no pun intended).

4. nic says

it’s the pure comment that dribbles off one’s mouth in an unguarded moment that is so revelatory. to suggest that he was referring to women in the “cocksucker” epithet is the dream that straight men dream on.

5. abden says

Ed, I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. I came out at my job after about a year and my immediate boss, who is really cool, was on the phone and was pissed and when he hung up he called whoever it was a cocksucker as I was walking in the office. I said exactly the same thing ‘you say that like it’s a bad thing’ I saw him visibly GULP cause he remembered I’m one of them and I got to hold that over his head for a while.

6. abden says

7. Craigo says

Oh, come on guys, we aren’t getting upset over this are we? I find it funny, to be honest. Who cares what the actual word was, it was a too-taboo-for-tv curse word blurted out when he made a mistake.

Words in themselves do not hurt, it is all about context – and let’s face it, the context of this is that a guy said something out of anger with himself.