Alaska | Larry King | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

Levi Johnston Wedded to the Palin Family by Fear

Johnston

Last night, Levi Johnston appeared on Larry King Live along with his mother and his sister, and it's clear they live in fear of the Palins. Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Is just me or does he look like every other hunky meathead on Road Rules/Real World?

Posted by: Andy | Apr 23, 2009 2:19:55 PM

2. the interview was so uncomfortable for me to watch. he kept saying "uh, i don't know...i guess...i don't know..."

it's like he has no idea what he wants to say. so weird.

Posted by: liz templin | Apr 23, 2009 2:20:12 PM

3. Timothy Oliphant meets Donny Osmond.

Posted by: LD | Apr 23, 2009 2:23:45 PM

4. You know, he's dumb as a post, but he actually seems like a decent guy and I can't help but feel a little sorry about him.

Posted by: Scott | Apr 23, 2009 2:27:10 PM

5. No it's not just you, Andy. This boy is just straight up stupid. He's hot enough for a one nighter, but I think I would have to say "thanks, but no thanks on that bridge to stupid". Stupid is such a turn off!

Posted by: Jack | Apr 23, 2009 2:32:29 PM

6. Agree Scott. Now if he comes out for gay marriage then I'll like him completely. I'm sure he's out to get a little attention but at the same time I'm happy about what hes doing. He's going around telling us how lucky we are to dodge the bullet called McCain/Palin.

Posted by: DCOMics | Apr 23, 2009 2:38:25 PM

7. Wow, LD...you totally nailed it!

Posted by: peterparker | Apr 23, 2009 2:38:44 PM

8. Poor thing. If the Lord doesn't give you brains, He gives you dimples. I hope his life gets a little brighter... he sure did step in it when he started banging the Palin girl. Wow.

Posted by: The Milkman | Apr 23, 2009 2:46:56 PM

9. He looks like Jesse Metcalfe, but probably without the ridiculously luscious man titties. Sigh. Those are the best part!

Posted by: Ugh | Apr 23, 2009 2:52:37 PM

10. He seems uncomfortable in the spotlight, so either his mother pushed him into it or somehow this is truly a reaction to the agressiveness of that moose, Mz Palin. After his rant about anyone messin' with him and his mother's arrest on drug charges back in December, I'm bettin' it's payback time by Momma Johnston.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Apr 23, 2009 3:00:58 PM

11. I'm thinking he's got a little Johnny Knoxville thrown into the mix.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Apr 23, 2009 3:01:22 PM

12. Why are people still talking to and about this boy? He's not particularly cute, he's not smart, nor is he interesting, accomplished or talented.

At best, he's a secondary character in a third-rate plot in a story that's been over for almost six months.

Oh what a world, what a world...

Posted by: Buster | Apr 23, 2009 3:04:10 PM

13. he made the impossible possible:

now everyone knows not to trust sarah palin. GLAD he destroyed her reputation !

everything happens for a reason...

Posted by: gunnarjet | Apr 23, 2009 3:06:46 PM

14. He seems like a nice enough kid, but not too bright, or articulate. The kind of guy who would ignore his siter because his girlfriend said so is a p-whipped redneck. There is not much fight in him. Yeah, he is proof the kind of toxic vice-president Palin would have been, but I didn't need any proof beyond her own actions and words.

You just gotta love these folks who call themselves Christians, and are the most hatful, unmerciful,. toxic people out there.

Rico

Posted by: Rico | Apr 23, 2009 3:06:46 PM

15. Clearly a command of the English language isn't high on his to-do list either. His sister and Bristol "fighted since day one." Yeah you're not white trash. By the way, where's the barefoot toothless banjo playing boy?

Posted by: Mark | Apr 23, 2009 3:09:51 PM

16. I'm betraying my age.. but to me, he looks like a younger, dumber version of Jeff Stryker.

And @RICO you're right about christians (the small "c" is deliberate). I always remember a quote from Ghandi...

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Posted by: dego | Apr 23, 2009 3:21:33 PM

17. @buster

I honestly think that the issues of teenage parents, poor sex education and custody/parental rights are all worthy conversations that we should be having.

And I'll sheepishly admit that I think he's kind of cute. But yes, dumb as a rock, I'll agree with you there.

Posted by: Scott | Apr 23, 2009 3:24:37 PM

18. woodroad34

who pushed him into it =

1- Romney
    2- Jindal
    3- huckabee
    4- hell maybe even NEWT since there is talk of him running 2012

Probably all 4 in cahoots since Palin rates #1 in all repu pre-primary polls

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Apr 23, 2009 3:27:51 PM

19. I'm so tired of people claiming "Well, so and so is a retard, and probably doesn't come off very well, but I'm glad we're having these discussions."

Um, depending on who is talking and what they're saying, just "having these discussions" can do a lot of damage. Not really thinking of this case, more the Pigez Hilton thing. Why anyone thinks that bringing up these issues alone solves anything is beyond me...especially since it always the same damn crap. Yeah, I'm glad we're FINALLY talking about abortion and marriage equality and teens/sex education and gays in the military. That hasn't been going on for about 30 years now or anything. THANKS LEVI!!!

Posted by: Ugh | Apr 23, 2009 3:32:11 PM

20. They put that kid on air for a full half hour show? He's just not that interesting -- but I loved him on that reality show on MTV.

As an aside, who knows what's going on between those two families, but while I can understand what they suggest is anger over not seeing the kid, I would not let my baby alone with his mother. I don't leave babies with people who have drug problems.

Posted by: Ryan | Apr 23, 2009 3:40:30 PM

21. Bless his heart, I really feel bad for him after watching the interview. He sounds like an ordinary person (neither all good nor all bad) who is caught up in something way bigger than himself and is up against power he has no clue how to deal with.

Posted by: Jeffrey | Apr 23, 2009 3:46:17 PM

22. Dumb as a bag of hammers. Sharp as a pound of wet leather.

Posted by: Green Is Good | Apr 23, 2009 5:13:45 PM

23. Larry King's staff is incompetant at everything except their uncanny ability to repeatedly scrape the bottom of the barrel dry.

King is a half-dead zombie meat puppet and CNN needs to ditch him or find better puppeteers.

Posted by: paul c | Apr 23, 2009 5:14:41 PM

24. I never realized how cute he is! I didn't bother watching the whole thing but I figured any prolonged exposure to Sarah Palin is bound to fry some brain cells. Poor, sexy guy.

Posted by: Daws | Apr 23, 2009 6:40:54 PM

25. He's dumb but not ill-intentioned.It is the Palin family the ones that are evil to the core.This poor guy was used to provide a baby that will be good looking although it may be a bit dumb.That can be remedied with the proper education.I was very sorry for him and the mess his dick got him into.I felt like hugging him.He felt so helpless.I'm so sorry for him.

Posted by: Oscar in Miami Beach | Apr 23, 2009 7:12:12 PM