AIDS/HIV | Bill O'Reilly | California | Carson Kressley | Crime | Gay Marriage | Madonna | Mariah Carey | Military | New Jersey | New Zealand | News | Philadelphia | Ryan Seacrest | Supreme Court | Transgender | Uruguay | Wanda Sykes

News: Gwen Araujo, Uruguay, Anton Yelchin, Madonna, New Zealand

roadNeil Patrick Harris to host Tony Awards.

roadCourt upholds convictions in Gwen Araujo murder case.

Madonna  roadMadonna gets frisky at MET gala.

roadOne of People's Sexiest Men Alive 2003 tag-teamed by a gay escort and a dominatrix?

roadPro-gay judge Carlos Moreno added to Obama Supreme Court justice shortlist.

roadUruguay to lift military gay ban: "The defense ministry confirms that Minister Jose Bayardi has signed a decree lifting the ban imposed by the 1973-85 military dictatorship. The army said Wednesday it has received the decree, which has yet to be signed by President Tabare Vazquez."

roadCourt: Florida must recognize adoptions by same-sex couples granted in other states.

roadBill O'Reilly on same-sex marriage in 2002: "Look, I couldn't care less, to tell you the truth.... You want to get married? Knock yourself out. Go to Vegas. Have a good time. If you can get that changed, I'm not going to jump up and down and say I think it's wrong, because I don't."

roadNOM telling its minions to vote "no" on New Jersey lawmaker's marriage equality poll. Vote yes.

Yelchin  roadStar Trek's new Pavel Chekov gets a Vman profile.

roadEquality California opens Inland-area office: "Equality California is also adding field-organizing offices in Fresno, San Diego, Orange County and Sacramento, and hopes to open one in Palm Springs. It now has locations only in San Francisco and Los Angeles, along with a legislative office in Sacramento. The number of staff members who will focus entirely or primarily on marriage-related issues will skyrocket from 2 to 25 people."

roadBritish Apprentice contestants rebrand seaside town of Margate into gay resort destination.

roadMan saves kangaroo from shark-infested ocean. Surgeon saves frog from lawn mower!

roadAuckland, New Zealand police looking for man deliberately infecting young men with HIV: "He targets young and vulnerable guys. He makes them feel special and tells them that he loves them. They feel they love him. They become besotted with him. He develops a grip on them. He cuts them off from their family and friends."

roadMariah Carey as a frump.

Hitchens roadChristopher Hitchens on Wanda Sykes' White House Correspondents Dinner performance: "The president should be squirming in his seat. Not smiling. The black dyke got it wrong. No one told her the rules."

roadGreater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation unveils gay-inclusive ad campaign: “Dear guys who like guys and girls who like girls ... We’re into that in Philly. In fact, we have a place affectionately referred to as the Gayborhood. Heck, our street signs even shout, ‘We love everyone — gay, straight and not exactly sure.’ So come hang out with us and bring your favorite guy or girl. It’ll be fabulous.”

road$10,000: Carson Kressley unfairly targeted for appearance fee at Australian bushfire charity event?

roadEW: Ryan Seacrest, end your gay-baiting banter. "This season, however, has been mercifully light on ''Ewww! You're a homo!'' back-and-forth. That is, until (Tuesday) night, when during a discussion of Danny Gokey's boogie moves, Ryan tried to score a laugh by declaring, 'I love it when Simon criticizes dancing. Randy, we've seen [Simon] dance in Vegas in those heels he wears. Not really a lot of rhythm.' Really, Ryan? In 2009, you're still courting Emmy nominations as Best Reality-Show host by using tired cross-dressing barbs"

Comments

1. I have never liked Chrissy HitchCOCK!

Posted by: Chris_Yes that one | May 15, 2009 12:48:08 AM

2. On "Chekov": I'm going to keep my eye on him. Yummy.

On "Hitch": When he's right ("Henry Kissinger is a war criminal") he's right; but generally, he's a doozie. I hope he's straight, actually. :-)

Posted by: Philo | May 15, 2009 2:53:50 AM

3. I have no idea what the heck Hitchens was on about. I do, however, know what would have happened to him had he called Wanda Sykes that to her face.

Posted by: Derek Washington | May 15, 2009 3:45:50 AM

4. I guess I'm going to be REALLY superficial here, and weigh in on the alleged "Closeted Celeb"--I looked through the 2003 "Sexiest Men", and I honestly think that the only one who it could be would be Hugh Jackman. The pic used on the linked site was not the one in PEOPLE that year, but he did have longer hair then, and the crossed arms do kind of suggest "Wolverine".

He is a phenomenal actor, and I don't care if he's gay, straight, bi, or likes to rub one off on a tree. I just like his movies, especially the ones where he is shirtless.

Posted by: troschne | May 15, 2009 7:49:59 AM

5. Yup--I was right--I think that blind item was a bitchy gossip item, and nothing more, but here is a link that proves that the pic in the item is what I posted.

Whatever happened to the days of Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons? I wasn't even alive then, but they planted stories better than most landscapers. To quote Archie and Edith, "Those were the days!". :-)

Oh--and Christopher Hitchens IS a bitchy, bitter queen.

Posted by: troschne | May 15, 2009 8:15:29 AM

6. Re: Auckland, New Zealand article. It surprises me that in this day and age, people are still getting infected with AIDS. There is a simple way of preventing it... use protection. So, while I have empathy for the young men getting infected, they knew what the risks were.

Posted by: Mike | May 15, 2009 9:12:35 AM

7. Christopher Hitchens is no homophobe people, just read this article:
    www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110004765

Was that a nice choice of words? Definitely not.
    But do we understand exactly what part of Wanda's act he's referring to? No.
    Let's not start bashing the man yet.
    Do you actually think a real racist and homophobe would choose to be so obvious about it?

Posted by: Ryan | May 15, 2009 11:17:56 AM

8. Well, with friends like Mr. Hitchens who needs even more distasteful enemies. I'm sorry, but a lack of "Political Correct" language does not excuse a lack of decency. Its one thing when the religious right speaks down to us in the name of their "belief", its another when our "friends" do it for an altogether unknowable reason. Humans can be bastards, with or without gods. Maybe religion gives an excuse for bigotry but atheists don't need reasons.

Posted by: JamesinNM | May 15, 2009 11:48:59 AM