Adam Lambert | American Idol | Bill O'Reilly | Kris Allen | News | Religion

O'Reilly: Will the Christian Beat the Alleged Gay on American Idol?

Lamb_allen

Bill O'Reilly had Newsweek's Ramin Setoodeh on to discuss whether or not the fact that Kris Allen is a Christian and Adam Lambert is allegedly gay will have any effect on the Idol voting.

Lambert and Allen actually commented on this very topic in an interview with E!

E!: Kris, there's been talk that since you are active in your church, that the Christian vote is helping you. What do you think of it?

Kris Allen: I hope that having the Christian vote does not help with anything. I hope it has to do with the talent and the performance that you give. It's not about religion and all that kind of stuff. Adam Lambert: This is a singing competition, not a church thing. Kris: Yeah, totally.

Adam: I would hope people vote based on what they like to hear. I don't think it has anything to do with your religious background, what color you are, gender. It doesn’t have anything to do with that.

Watch the O'Reilly segment, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The reporter stated on Bill Oreilly show that Kris Allen wears a cross.

Yet this photo slideshow of Kris Allen of 118 photos shows "No Cross."

So why did this reporter mis lead the NO SPIN ZONE?

see link and you will see the reporter lied since Kris Allen has no cross.

see link

Posted by: DEAN SAM | May 19, 2009 4:48:05 PM

2. The only thing that I want as a token (just a token) of peace is that if Kris is the winner (very likely he could be, not because he is better but because of his conventional image) they seal the winning moment with a kiss. ON THE LIPS. That would swoon all the christians in their homes, lol. Ok, It won't happen, lol.

Posted by: Lexxvs | May 19, 2009 5:56:18 PM

3. Haha. I can understand that Kris has fans, but it's a bit embarassing if they actually think he's an 'amazing' singer. He sounds uncomfortable and strained in the upper range he tries to sing in all the time, and his 'arrangements' are more like 4th-rate Jason Mraz-inspired covers. He is cute, that's about it. If he was average-looking people would not be giving his vocals NEARLY as much leeway. Yeah, Adam's shrieking gets annoying, but there is really no comparison. Neither is really my style, and I'm not voting, just sayin'.

Posted by: Ugh | May 19, 2009 8:08:28 PM

4. First of all, Adam is Jewish. Secondly, all this Christian vs. Gay is a farcr. Bill O'Reilly you should be ashamed. You mean to tell me that you could not find another subject in the whole world to talk about? But, its all about money with you, huh? Had to find someway to boost your ratings. All at the expense of a fine young man who has done nothing but sing his heart out. Here's voting for Adam. ADAM BOMB FOR THE WIN. Glambert 1475

Posted by: adamsluvjnes | May 19, 2009 11:43:37 PM

5. From watching the whole video, I don't think O'Reilly was making this a gay v. Christian thing, I think his guest was. Actually I think his guest was bothered by the so-called Christian driven votes. Idk...maybe Christians did come together and say we can't vote for the allegedly gay guy (i don't really believe that), but I prefer Kris Allen's style of music more than Adam Lambert. The guest was certainly biased stating that Adam Lambert is clearly the better singer. I understand that it is his opinion but it bugs me that he presents it as if its fact, when individuals' preferences may differ on what is better or not.

Posted by: Mancru | Aug 19, 2009 12:25:32 PM