I'm Gay | I'm Not Gay | Music | Pink

Tabloid Declares Pink Bisexual; Singer Says She's Not

Pink

On Saturday, Britain's News of the World tabloid reported that Pink came out as bisexual. "I'm not embarrassed about being bisexual. This is who I am. Love is pure and I try to keep it that way. This is who I am, what I feel. I think it's unnecessary to draw the subject out, but I think it even more stupid not to discuss it. It seems as if bisexuality is a trend and I should whip up the masses. Well, I don't believe in trends, I just believe in me," they reported her as saying.

Pinktwitter The NYDN reports: "Pink's rep tells the Daily News that the interview was 'entirely fabricated.' The singer was cagey about the story on her Twitter page, writing, 'I just read that I'm bisexual. So 1991. Good thing people write articles about me so I can get my facts [straight].' Pink has previously insisted that she wasn't into the idea of having a same-sex romance 'I'm not gay so I guess I would not try a relationship with a woman,' she told NOW magazine last year. 'I didn't say I haven't experimented, but I love men too much to make it a permanent thing.'"

Comments

1. The first quote doesn't even remotely sound like her words.

Posted by: lis | May 4, 2009 12:23:14 PM

2. I've always been shocked that she ever married a man. I don't even get a "bi" vibe from her.

Can't imagine her lying about it at this point though.

Posted by: paul c | May 4, 2009 12:29:54 PM

3. I saw a concert of hers on HDNET yesterday. She sure played up the bisexual/lesbian thing, but I didn't get a feeling she actually was either. Great show, though.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 4, 2009 12:36:23 PM

4. So...she hasn't said she's NOT bisexual, just made an off the cuff joke about it and said the story was fabricated. Doesn't read total denial though does it? Hmm....

Posted by: EM | May 4, 2009 2:58:51 PM

5. Uh, her statement on Twitter doesn't deny that she's bisexual, and Pink HASN'T denied she's bisexual, in fact she even wrote a song about a lesbian relationship she had on her last album called "Conversations With My 13 Year Old Self"

Posted by: James | May 4, 2009 3:27:42 PM

6. I'm not kidding, Pink likes to hang out with her loser posse on South Street in Philly. Yes, I'm asian, but I know that what her big fat body guard said was directed at me when he said, "I gotta get me some chinese food, maybe we should ask him"... assuming that i may have not heard him or that i wouldn't understand. And this is me walking past them to get to some other non-skank neighborhood. Otherwise, I only heard a laugh from Pink. So, at least with me, everytime I hear a song of hers, I cringe and tell people I would not EVER buy any music from her. she's a total hag and that's it, sorry, I hate to even refer a person to that, but I really don't have much care for her.

Posted by: Scott in Philly | May 5, 2009 11:00:04 PM

7. Hey!.. well very brave taking the situation of this way, we already know how difficult is for this people have some normal life.. so my respects to Pink. When somebody is in teh closet it's so hard come out: social pressure, family, friend.. there's a lot of people u don't want to hurt...in this case good 4 pink!!!.. freedom it's so f*king good!!

Posted by: maria | May 7, 2009 5:30:03 AM

8. All Of Pinks fans know her to be upfront,Honest,and loving of all people no matter their race religion ar creed,she stood for Prop8 in america and has marched side by side with gay's in marches,do you really think that ahe would have a problem coming out if she were gay,I think not especially when she is such a vocal person,she says what she means and means what she say's.In my oppinion I think that if she were Gay/Bi she would be out and very much proud,and waving her banner all over the F**king place.People just can't think of anything bad about her so they make it up.I am not saying that I don't think that she has played in the minors but she deffinatley didn't take it to the Major's.Just let her be I say,as she is our voice when it comes to singing about things that are important,she gets the message across for those of us who do not have the voice nor the power to do so.And bye the bye wld it make any difference to her music if she were, I think not.To me she seems awfully happy being Married to Carey,and has been now for some yr's.I am with her don't say anything.

Posted by: tracey whitney | Mar 21, 2010 1:59:50 AM

9. you need to be who you are. its no good pretending to be who you are not. really so what if your a different sexuality to other people. if they dont like you tell them to get a life!!! your family loves you all the same. its not like they will treat you totally different. so way to go pink you have really inspire me

Posted by: lulu | May 1, 2011 2:57:37 PM