Deaths | Dolly Parton | Michael Jackson | News

A Message from Dolly Parton on the Death of Michael Jackson

Dollyparton

Words to take with you. Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Dollyparton2

Comments

1. I never wanted to lose Michael Jackson and I never want to lose Dolly.

Posted by: Wes | Jun 30, 2009 7:40:33 PM

2. Love her..

Posted by: Ford | Jun 30, 2009 7:42:07 PM

3. Hate god talk, but love Her.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 30, 2009 7:42:14 PM

4. What a wonderful spirit Dolly is. She has REAL class and dignity. How I wish so many others in show business and in life had half of her sincerity and love. Good Bless Dolly Parton and may we all strive for her level of true humanity.

Posted by: Max F. Grump | Jun 30, 2009 7:51:12 PM

5. She's such a nice lady - so humble - quite a rarity in show business. But it bugs me to see how much cosmetic surgery she has done. (It doesn't take a train eye - especially having a old picture right above the video.)

Posted by: Dan | Jun 30, 2009 7:55:40 PM

6. Amen, Max. Whether Dolly is talking from the heart or cutting up being fun and goofy, her dignity, class and warmth shines through all that hair and lipstick.

Posted by: GregV | Jun 30, 2009 8:08:11 PM

7. She's the best. She's also a great performer that you should not miss if you ever have the opportunity to see her live. Love her.

Posted by: paul c | Jun 30, 2009 8:13:23 PM

8. She really is a great person, back in the early 90's I worked at SanDollar and was charged with buying her Scope and AquaNet in the economy sized bottles for her personal office bathroom. She was sweet and appreciative. And she looks amazing. HER death will be a loss and I dread that day.

Posted by: john | Jun 30, 2009 9:03:15 PM

9. Dolly Parton could lose an eyeball, develop male pattern baldness, break out with scabs all over her body, and have devil-horns fused to her skull and I'd still think she's one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever known.

Posted by: Rey | Jun 30, 2009 9:06:23 PM

10. I love that woman. I don't know how Im going to handle it when she passes. What a beautiful human being.

Posted by: willy | Jun 30, 2009 9:19:13 PM

11. I am OLD "gizzer" in gay years...cause I remember growing up and being totally fascinating by her on her old TV show...of course the high blond hair was something to see.....then out of her mouth came the most amazing voice that I have ever heard and to this day am still amazed that she goes far beyond talent...she is one of the people on this earth that is a GIFT to us

Posted by: tony | Jun 30, 2009 9:51:05 PM

12. Tony, Tony, Tony. You are a sweet man. This post is dedicated to you... So when I was a kid, Dolly would swing by my hometown in Alabama yearly on her "tour." In those days, at the end of the concert, she would announce to the crowd that we could all come and meet her out back, in the parking lot by her trailer. My mom and I took her up on the offer once, in the 70's. She emerged from the trailer after about 15 minutes and signed all the asked-for autographs and let everyone peek inside her coach, talked about her wigs, etc. After 9 to 5, things were different. She wasn't -- but things were -- so the practice ended.

Posted by: sad day | Jun 30, 2009 10:49:55 PM

13. can she be any sweeter?

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jun 30, 2009 10:56:31 PM

14. The makeup was a little over the top. But the message was sweet.

Posted by: MitchNYC | Jun 30, 2009 11:06:43 PM

15. So many so-called "Christians" could learn so much from her. She believes in God deep within her heart, yet she constantly reminds us about compassion, acceptance, and outreach. I'm glad I know a few people like that, I just wish there were more.
    Bravo, Dolly!

Posted by: NoCaDrummer | Jul 1, 2009 12:23:10 AM

16. Take a look people, we see it so rarely these days you may not recognize class when you see it.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jul 1, 2009 12:27:01 AM

17. The beauty of this is that she makes no excuses for his life, but still mourns the loss. She may refer to herself as cheap, but she is the ultimate class act.

Posted by: Jay | Jul 1, 2009 12:47:21 AM

18. We LOVE you DOLLY!!!!! God bless You! You are truly one of God's angels here on earth!!

Posted by: Zo | Jul 1, 2009 1:18:35 AM

19. Dolly is an American Treasure.

Posted by: peterparker | Jul 1, 2009 5:30:29 AM

20. I remember Dolly when she was pulling towels out of boxes of detergent during the LIVE ads on the "Porter Wagoner Show." He had hired the fresh young lady as a "co-star" (But Porter made sure that everyone knew who the star of the show was.) Needless to say, she stole the show every minute he allowed her to appear.

The first time I heard "Coat of Many Colors" I was driving. I had to pull over to wipe the flowing tears. That song STILL gets to me.

I love you, Dolly, and always will. And thank you for always loving --and mentioning!-- your gay fans. I am one.

Posted by: Adrian Kimberly | Jul 1, 2009 8:09:32 AM

21. She is one serious class act.

Posted by: ML | Jul 1, 2009 3:14:51 PM

22. LOVED

Posted by: David | Jul 1, 2009 5:00:34 PM

23. Oh, Adrian, I remember those Breeze commercials too!
    Dolly: Are they here yet, Porter?
    Porter Waggoner: They sure are!
    DP: Well, when can I see 'em?
    PW: Right now, but you can only get 'em in boxes of Breeze!

Posted by: Scott | Jul 1, 2009 7:59:31 PM

24. Bless you too, Dolly.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Jul 2, 2009 1:00:17 AM