Advertising | David Beckham | Giorgio Armani | London | News | Underwear

David Beckham Unveils Beefcake Underwear Billboard in London

Beckhammm

David Beckham was on hand at Selfridges department store today for the unveiling of a huge billboard for his Armani Underwear campaign, his first in London.

Said Becks: "I don't mind taking pictures in my underwear. It's when the pictures are unveiled, like today, that it's a bit embarrassing."

Three more shots, AFTER THE JUMP...

Becks5   Becks4

(photos below: splash news)

Beckham2  Beckham3

Beckham

Comments

1. He looks nothing like these photos - he has marginal ab definition and his butt aint so bubble. he has been perfected to the point where the poster ain't worth the paper its airbrushed on... This trend in extreme makeover airbrushing is only gonna make people more determined to look perfect and compare themselves unfavourably with their heroes and models. Give me a normal, real man with some hair and gasp! maybe a little love-handle...

Posted by: Athiest | Jun 11, 2009 4:45:59 PM

2. Dude, about the Brylcream: a little dab would have done the trick.

Posted by: Barry- Key West | Jun 11, 2009 5:30:23 PM

3. Give me all the Beckham beefcake that you wanna. I'll be happy to look at it.......

Posted by: Stick | Jun 11, 2009 5:32:10 PM

4. Gread body, I wonder how much is re-touch. Not to say he doesn't do his part, but... The tats are hot, but sometimes he just doesn't make my blood boil. It's just kinda - eh.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jun 11, 2009 5:38:22 PM

5. Typical self loathing sissies!

Posted by: wopboptorledo | Jun 11, 2009 5:50:34 PM

6. I'm with Paul.

WAY over exposed. Just a media whore, much like Lance Armstrong.

Time for them to go away.

And his big multi-million contract to play with the galaxy and he played, what, 1 game?

And it's highly unlikely he's heterosexual. The only problem with that is he's in the closet and had an opportunity to have become a positive role model.

Now he comes across as just a greedy whore.

Posted by: kyle | Jun 11, 2009 6:36:52 PM

7. The rope is a complete ripoff of a Herb Ritts photo that was everywhere in the 1980s.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 11, 2009 7:36:36 PM

8. YAWN!

Can't they get a proper model with a nice ass, nice thighs (the white boxers don't even fit his skinny pins) and a good-looking face.

He's one ugly dude - look at his pinched, scowling face. He looks like a London dyke standing in the queue at the Post Office.

And as someone else said, too much ink. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Posted by: Garçon Stupide | Jun 11, 2009 8:31:38 PM

9. He's cute but that ain't all him on that ad. Airbrushing.

Posted by: omi | Jun 11, 2009 8:33:51 PM

10. Are you sure that's him and not his wife?

Posted by: Sean | Jun 11, 2009 9:24:11 PM

11. Cash that check David!!! I'm not mad at him. He won't have that body forever. Why's he grasping Beyonce's dookie braid though?

Posted by: Royale WiCheese | Jun 11, 2009 10:03:05 PM

12. My my my, don't we have a lot of "Men"????? throwing hissy fits over David's exppsure, voice, face, footballing abilities etc.
    Just stop looking (Meow) and go elsewhere.

David's one hot bod and I for one, cannot get too many photos of him AND his beautiful family.

Americans mostly are just jealous they do not have ANY of their sports people having this whole image!!!

Jan

Posted by: Jan | Jun 11, 2009 10:13:51 PM

13. He's adorable...when he's not trying to look so butch or sexy and just being himself. I'd like to know him -- and not just in the Biblical sense (but there's nothing wrong with that, at all).

Posted by: Kyle Sullivan | Jun 11, 2009 10:35:57 PM

14. Who's going to post odds that Beck stuffs so we can start wagering? I'm in that he stuffs!

Posted by: Garst | Jun 12, 2009 12:46:02 AM

15. He's not attractive.

Yes, he stuffs his crotch. I've seen the real deal.

He's so fucking boring. He and his no-talent wife, need to go away. Neither has a proper job.

Did he just get hurt again? Oops.

Posted by: Al | Jun 12, 2009 3:42:50 AM

16. I'll take Christiano Ronaldo over Becks anyday. But honestly, if given the opportunity, I'd take both (or they both can take me! ha!)

Beckham has days where he's super-hot and days where he's just average. When he's wearing a nice soccer uniform, I think he's at his hottest. While the Milan kit looks nice on him, the plain while of the Galaxy kit really shows off his abs (once said kit is wet with sweat!)

Posted by: Tommy | Jun 15, 2009 2:17:51 PM

17. Even if you are a Beckham fan (which I am not) this is a terrible photo of him especially the complete absence of his eyes, the emphasis on the complete lack of arm musculator and the weird tightly manicured line of hair down from his belly button.

And yes this guy is over exposed and yes his girly voice ruins it for me too.

Posted by: Tony the Tiger | Oct 28, 2009 6:55:34 PM