David Gest | Michael Jackson | News

David Gest: Michael Jackson 'Talked, Shook a Hand Like a Real Man'

Gest

David Gest runs to Brit tabloid The Sun with his story of the King of Pop:

“There is nobody who knew Michael like I did. He was so gifted, it’s hard for me to picture him gone. There is a whole side to him people never saw. For instance, people always think of him as talking in that high, soft voice, but he didn’t really speak like that — it was a facade. Still to this day I am not sure why he did it. The Michael I knew talked like a real man, acted like a real man and shook a hand like a real man.”

Comments

1. Took me a second to realize that was an actual person in the center (term used loosely).h

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 30, 2009 1:33:21 PM

2. I know plenty of gay guys who fem up their voice in public, but drop and octave in private, no idea why they do it, i find it very odd.

Posted by: rovex | Jun 30, 2009 1:50:43 PM

3. Michael Jackson had a deep voice. I don't know why he kept the high pitched voice into adulthood. It probably had to do with the fact that he was a child star and people loved him as a child and he wanted to please them by keeping that child-like persona. Michael was the second youngest boy in his family and the most successful. His success disrupted the order of the family. Maybe he kept the high pitched voice to at least ease the insecurities of his older brothers at his success. Remember Michael lived with his family well into his twenties.

LISTEN to 2000 Watts by Michael Jackson and you will hear his deep voice.

Posted by: Bill | Jun 30, 2009 2:06:59 PM

4. This patehtic old queen (and raging closet case) will do anything to get in the papers. Don't believe a word she says!

Posted by: LARS | Jun 30, 2009 2:23:24 PM

5. Well, comparatively speaking... maybe.

Posted by: Br@d | Jun 30, 2009 2:56:59 PM

6. I'd say he looks like death warmed over, but he doesn't look warm.

So he and Michael were so close that Michael gave him two promo shots! But they're the same one, just shifted vertically (mirror images). It's like they were brothers!

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 30, 2009 3:44:13 PM

7. I love crispy.

Posted by: paul c | Jun 30, 2009 3:54:59 PM

8. David Gest lives in Memphis at least part of the year (Lord help us). Anyway, he's obviously good friends with Jane Russell. He had some benefit concert here a couple of years ago and she showed up and said what a great friend he was to the old folks in showbiz. That's about as close to a reason as I can suggest for the Jane Russell bit.
    By the way, Lisa Marie Presley also said that MJ's soft, high voice was an act.

Posted by: Teresa in Memphis | Jun 30, 2009 5:00:37 PM

9. How the hell would HE know?!?!?!

Posted by: DJ | Jun 30, 2009 5:54:57 PM

10. I can just picture those two sitting around giving each other make-up tips and discussing their future plastic surgery plans.
    He wouldn't know a real man if one climbed on top of him and fucked him. Oh god, I just grossed myself out.

Posted by: BobP | Jun 30, 2009 6:31:18 PM

11. Life is a leaf of paper white, thereon each of us may write his word or two.

Posted by: runescape money | Jun 30, 2009 8:57:18 PM

12. Didn't Gest say the same thing about Liza? We all know who was the man in that relationship

Posted by: runescape money | Jun 30, 2009 9:01:10 PM

13. I like him! : )

Posted by: terri | Jul 3, 2009 4:11:35 PM

14. Clip of never heard Michael Jackson's song has leaked! This is a real exclusive! No one has it yet. Click on my name to download it.

Posted by: Michael Jackson | Jun 19, 2010 8:56:44 PM