Lily Allen | Music | Music Video | News

Lily Allen Says F*ck You to Things That Annoy Her

Lilyallen

You'll remember this song from the irreverent anti-hate YouTube collaboration that surfaced some time ago. Now, Lily Allen is releasing it as her next single in the UK. The video manages to get the message across without any bird-flipping, though I think the home-made one is far more effective.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I have a problem with the video. There's no indication anywhere that the people being messed with by the singer are the people she's singing about. I won't go so far as to say it makes the gay community look capricious and hateful, but I will say it just loses every bit of context the song has.

And, yes, the homemade videos are better.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 19, 2009 1:28:16 PM

2. It's a little uninspired. And, I agree with Andy, the YouTube video is so much fun and engaging as well as showing gays, lesbians, and people come in all wonderful shapes, sizes and colors. It's really brilliant.

Posted by: George | Jun 19, 2009 1:35:57 PM

3. Quit over-analyzing it. Geez.

Posted by: KFLO | Jun 19, 2009 1:36:20 PM

4. I like it--except for the Pug-stretching part. Next time pick on Golden Labs or Cockapoos, or those annoying Bichon French-fries or whatever.

Posted by: hill_w | Jun 19, 2009 1:37:02 PM

5. The song is about George W. Bush.

Posted by: DaveTX | Jun 19, 2009 1:53:23 PM

6. Her ALBUM is simply FANTASTIC....plain and simple, damn good.

Posted by: Bosie | Jun 19, 2009 1:56:18 PM

7. It's a fun video but you're right, the home-made homophobia ones are better. The best of THOSE two was made in France by gayclic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV26OMSb_VQ

Posted by: J. J. | Jun 19, 2009 2:25:41 PM

8. Love her! Can't wait to see her on tour this fall.

Posted by: wisebear | Jun 19, 2009 3:19:28 PM

9. @ Jonathan - I find that I can not condone this video as well. The social impact of the said video as such leads me to conclude that Ms Allen is trying to express some sort of biological transformance. The relative political impact of the nuclearistical rectal patterns while enjoyble, fall well short of the expected photosynthesis.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 19, 2009 4:06:29 PM

10. No the song was originally intended to be a message to the British National Party. The tabloids wrote that it was about Bush. But the title was changed ( Guess who batman... Get with the blog-ram, and finally F-you very much. Lily Allen wanted to remain non specific. It mentions that it's o.k. to be gay but that's about it. That's only intended for people who can't live with their own small mindedness (not everybody) So..yeah it's not about anybody at least according to her My Space page

Posted by: Daniel C. | Jun 19, 2009 5:38:31 PM

11. Point taken Daniel C. Being that the BNP's radical neo-facsistcal leanings it bear ture that Allen would focus such a "in for your face" so to speak message that would inply that they (the BNP) should be removed from the body politic. Henceforth.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 19, 2009 6:24:22 PM

12. It's like watching Benny Hill. Who could take it seriously!

Posted by: anonymous | Jun 19, 2009 10:10:40 PM

13. Love her

Her first album is way better than the 2nd but I like them both

Posted by: daveynyc | Jun 20, 2009 1:37:23 AM

14. 1:40 to 1:50 is filmed around where I live. FUVM.

Posted by: arn0 | Jun 20, 2009 6:07:01 AM