Deaths | Michael Jackson | News

Michael Jackson's Dad Attends BET Awards, Plugs Business Venture

Joejackson

Joe Jackson, Michael's father, attended the BET Awards tonight, giving an interview to CNN's Don Lemon. Jackson had his publicist read a statement on behalf of himself and his family about his son's death, and took the opportunity (3:12) to announce Ranch Records on Blu-Ray, his new business venture.

WTF?

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP....

Comments

1. Is this even surprising coming from him?

Posted by: felix | Jun 28, 2009 9:26:00 PM

2. I'm surprised he's not selling tickets to see Jacko's corpse.

Posted by: Denis | Jun 28, 2009 9:44:43 PM

3. It rather puts an exclamation point on Michael's whole sad life, doesn't it?

Posted by: Boxerdad | Jun 28, 2009 9:56:10 PM

4. WTF? Wow. I mean sure, the guy has to be 80 years old, but holy cow. Does he even know his son is dead? Two days after and he is out at a party promoting his business venture? I think the level of drugs, abuse, and complete insanity of this family is about to bust out all over the place. It should be an interesting time for the Jacksons and their legacy.

Posted by: Derek Thomas | Jun 28, 2009 10:11:05 PM

5. He is a douche bag that has always looked for ways to make money off of his children... This time is no different.

Posted by: Jeremy | Jun 28, 2009 10:23:49 PM

6. Sick, exploitive asshole. I don't think anyone can ever defend this man, before or after his son's death.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 28, 2009 10:32:46 PM

7. Unbelievable.

Posted by: Andy | Jun 28, 2009 10:36:48 PM

8. Astonishing. This guy is a quality specimen of human garbage.

Posted by: T H E O | Jun 28, 2009 10:48:04 PM

9. Disgusting. America...gross... Thank HEAVENS I'm moving to France....I hate this nasty country. I hope my parents never treat me like that posthumously...

Posted by: Cody | Jun 28, 2009 10:49:43 PM

10. And Micheal is the strange one? Joe is one fucked up asshole.

Posted by: Seven | Jun 28, 2009 10:56:49 PM

11. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What a slime ball. I'm utterly shocked and disgusted that he's using the death of his son to promote his new business.

Posted by: Charlotte | Jun 28, 2009 11:01:51 PM

12. and yet i've heard a few times over the last few days, "the Jacksons are like the black version of the Kennedys!" Yeah, uh-huh. Clearly!

Posted by: Daniel | Jun 28, 2009 11:22:01 PM

13. They gotta give those kids back to the Mom. They screwed up the first 7, now they have 3 more to torture and destroy.

Posted by: David | Jun 28, 2009 11:48:13 PM

14. Why shouldn't he carry on with his life? It's his, not anyone else's. Who are any of you to criticize?

Posted by: Jordan | Jun 29, 2009 12:12:42 AM

15. The man has exploited his children since the 1960's. We should expect a change now?

Posted by: jim | Jun 29, 2009 12:14:50 AM

16. I am so glad Michael was not around to see that. I am in utter disgust at that man. Shame on him!! I wanted to chalk it up to him being senile but he knew darn well the name of his record label. No class at all:-(

Posted by: Nazia | Jun 29, 2009 12:19:13 AM

17. So mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence...

Posted by: raidereno | Jun 29, 2009 12:41:43 AM

18. I am not seeing this! I am not hearing this! This is not real!

Posted by: damien | Jun 29, 2009 1:15:43 AM

19. Wow - he's not even buried yet. This whole evening was a terrible show. Jamie Foxx seemed like he was drunk and like he was hosting a frat party. I expected so much more and it was just a sad, sad attempt.

Posted by: Chad | Jun 29, 2009 1:48:01 AM

20. crazy old stupid man .... nothing more to see there than that .... and he is heavily medicated

Posted by: willie | Jun 29, 2009 4:16:36 AM

21. Joe Jackson is an utter asshole.

Oh and can I say that while I can appreciate what BET tried to do, I thought it was a failure for the most part. The only Good things about the show was Ne-Yo, Maxwell, The O'Jays and Janet! I realize they threw this together at the last minute, but they should have just included a Tribute Performance and left the rest of the show as it was. Oh and I enjoyed the New Edition medley in the beginning as well.

I know many of you will NOT be SHOCKED to hear this from me, but I thought Beyonce's performance was BAD! I liked her costume is the beginning, but when she changed to that MONSTROSITY of a Wedding dress I could not focus on anything else! I hope she does better in the future!!

BOFOONERY AT IT'S BEST..
    HOPEFULLY MTV WILL DO A BETTER TRIBUTE!

Posted by: Yes I am Chris | Jun 29, 2009 4:32:25 AM

22. Do you believe in destiny?
    GodYesOrNo.com

Posted by: prophecy | Jun 29, 2009 6:21:53 AM

23. Awkward.

Posted by: Dave Rattigan | Jun 29, 2009 7:13:36 AM

24. Classic Joe Jackson. Anyone who hangs out with Al Sharpton . . .

Btw, WTF is Sharpton doing involved with this? Can you say "media whore?"

Posted by: shane | Jun 29, 2009 8:15:27 AM

25. straight out of Crank Yankers!

Posted by: j | Jun 29, 2009 8:27:07 AM