Deaths | Michael Jackson | News

BigGayDeal.com

Michael Jackson's Dad Attends BET Awards, Plugs Business Venture

Joejackson

Joe Jackson, Michael's father, attended the BET Awards tonight, giving an interview to CNN's Don Lemon. Jackson had his publicist read a statement on behalf of himself and his family about his son's death, and took the opportunity (3:12) to announce Ranch Records on Blu-Ray, his new business venture.

WTF?

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP....

Comments

1. Joe Jackson....always the promoter...and clearly unfazed by his dead son....but looking down the road for the next buck. And for the guy who thinks this is a nasty place and can't get out of here fast enough to move to France......call me you asshole....can we get pond scum like you out of this country fast enough !

Posted by: Steven Lee | Jun 29, 2009 8:29:15 AM

2. I was not surprised in the least, no wonder his kids are so fucked up. Trash, pure and simple.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jun 29, 2009 9:15:33 AM

3. As a child i grew up listening to Michael. I remember sitting and waiting for the airing of Thriller on MTV... With great wonderment!!! As a mother i raised my Son's on the great music that Michael gave us... and in turn they sat in great wonderment for every video on the Dangerous album to be aired.
    I'm a Mom and want everyone to know that at this time we need to remember and love the beauty of the talent and music that Michael has left us. Stop the chatter of the trials and just share the love!!!
    As i sat and watched the BET awards I was pleased to see that Michael was loved and remembered for the great talent he shared with us. I was also saddened that the credit for Michael and his gift was given to his father.... Yes Joe Jackson brought Michael to us... But at what price... I believe this man has brought upon Michael all the pain he has suffered in his life Although indirectly. I pray he will seek and find forgiveness Joe Jackson did not give us Michale Jackson.GOD gave us Michale and we are forever Blessed for that gift!
    Katherine we thank you!!! For bringing Michale in to the world and teaching him to love unconditionally. For that is What i will remember Michale for as well as his Musical talent. the great love he had in his heart for all thous that had nothing.
    May GOD keep you and may you finally rest in peace

Posted by: Shannon Harrison | Jun 29, 2009 9:32:02 AM

4. Now we can see why Michael was so fucked up by this man. He acts like he doesn't even care. He is thinking about the Gravy Train that may be rolling in. I hope he doesn't get a red cent from Michael's Estate.

Posted by: Dairyqueen | Jun 29, 2009 10:00:05 AM

5. It's the "Poor Black Boy" Syndrome, mixed with a lot of neuvo-riche greed! No, I'm not prejudiced, just observant.

Posted by: Rand | Jun 29, 2009 11:01:54 AM

6. I can't even imagine my father, upon the death of one of his children, having the presence of mind to plug a business venture.

Posted by: Scott | Jun 29, 2009 11:02:59 AM

7. not surprising from his dad

this is how REAL supporters feel about him: http://tinyurl.com/fanreactionpics

Posted by: Mark J | Jun 29, 2009 11:13:56 AM

8. Dear Mr. Jackson:

My condolences on the loss of your meal ticket, you abusive sack of shit.

Posted by: Andy | Jun 29, 2009 11:38:19 AM

9. Reprehensible. The family sucked all the life out of MJ, and now they're still trying to cash in. What an awful group of people.

Posted by: Steve | Jun 29, 2009 12:55:14 PM

10. Hey Cody: America may be "gross", but trust me, France is a horrible place to live and filled with the biggest assholes on the planet. Do us all a favor and NEVER come back since you hate it so much. I hope you'll renounce your citizenship as well.

Posted by: shlootie | Jun 29, 2009 2:33:32 PM

11. Pretty damned disgusting. He plugged his record label on the red-carpet at the BET Awards. Please make sure that those kids are sent away from these awful, abusive people.

Except for Janet -- she seems cool.

Posted by: Cameron Johnson | Jun 29, 2009 3:44:51 PM

12. Joe Jackson has always been a vile, nasty, abusive piece of work. I've read a couple books on MJ, as well as TIME and Vanity Fair profiles; all Joe ever cared about was squeezing every dime he could get out of his kids, especially Michael, and making sure that America knew Michael "wasn't gay." He continually tries to whitewash (ahem) the family's image via the miniseries "The Jacksons" and "The Jackson Family Honors" etc., but he was and is a complete and utter bastard. The only reason they're pitching that MJ's kids go to he and Katharine is so he can get his hands on more of their money directly.

I will defend Michael Jackson as a great artist. I will never defend him as a sexually predatory, egomaniacal, spoiled sociopath. However, his father deserves a good 75% or more of the blame for MJ's mental and emotional problems (as does his mother, who enabled him). The Jacksons are hardly the Kennedy's--the Coreleones is more like it.

Posted by: Dback | Jun 29, 2009 7:23:27 PM

13. he cares about him now as much as he ever did. he ruined a child, who became a ruined man, who died a ruined soul. what else would you expect from a horrifyingly awful human?

Posted by: bradley | Jun 30, 2009 6:05:06 AM

14. Clip of never heard Michael Jackson's song has leaked! This is a real exclusive! No one has it yet. Click on my name to download it.

Posted by: Michael Jackson | Jun 19, 2010 8:56:16 PM