Janice Dickinson | News | Reality TV | Sanjaya Malakar

Sanjaya: I'm a 'Straight Gay Best Friend'

Ssanjaya

Here's an example of the kinds of things that spew forth when a bunch of "celebrities" accept money to sit around in a jungle for days on end. Earlier this week on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, a discussion began when former American Idol contestant Sanjaya Malakar submitted to Janice Dickinson's request that he put on eyeliner.

Here's the confession that resulted:

"Like, yeah, a lot of people want me to be their gay best friend, and I make a really good gay best friend. But I don't like guys, so it confuses people...I do hair, and I'll sit in the corner and knit. So it confuses people. A lot of my friends refer to me as their 'straight gay best friend' because we'll go do things that stereotypically you would do with a gay guy...I'm not, like, that classic, stereotypical macho guy that's just, like, 'Oh yeah! Oh, she's hot. I wanna get in her pants! I'm not that kind of guy. I was raised by women, so I kind of have a connection with my feminine side, but I'm attracted to women. So, it's like people like to kind of throw that at me, like, 'Oh, you must be gay.' But I'm like, 'Whatever, gay people are awesome.'"

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "your content is not acceptable," If that is true, I'm disappointed.

I personally think Perez Hilton really jumped the shark with this one. I do see why the story was reported, however, posting the actual pics while hiding behind a "NSFW" link was chickenshit. What he did was just mean.

In addition, loads of teenagers read him and I can't imagine that he hasn't been brought up on charges of some sort for doing what he did.

Having said that, if Dustin and Andy are friends (I'm assuming they are) then, at the end of the day, it is Andy's blog.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jun 18, 2009 3:14:15 PM

2. I like Sanjaya. I still think he is probably gay but if he isn't at least he is gay-affirming.

Posted by: JC | Jun 18, 2009 3:14:44 PM

3. You're right, it is Andy's blog.

But I wonder about your "concern" for teenagers, who, after all, see much more explicit straight sex pictures and videos all the time. If gay sex is added to the mix, what's the harm? In fact, it's only to the good - that gay sex has the SAME STANDING as straight sex, and isn't regarding as a "perversion."

Posted by: sean | Jun 18, 2009 3:17:46 PM

4. We're sorry, we cannot accept this data

I got this everytime I put DLB and Andy in the same post about the "scandal". NOW it goes thorugh on a story not about DLB.

WTF?

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jun 18, 2009 3:26:39 PM

5. I'm not quite sure how a sex tape of Black depicting barebacking 'normalizes' gays or gay sex. Sensationalizes? Desensitizes? Maybe.

Posted by: ZnSD | Jun 18, 2009 3:53:20 PM

6. Sean - Why don't you start your own blog and shut the fuck up.

Or maybe you have one already and are just spaming a rival website?

Hmmmmm?

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 18, 2009 4:26:46 PM

7. What I can't figure out, ZnSD, is how posting something on a gay blog read by gay people is going to make any sort of impact whatsoever on straight people. Who don't read this blog.

The logic is twisted.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 18, 2009 4:48:16 PM

8. The Dustin Lance Black scandal is missing in action because Focus Features (releasing studio of MILK) is a supporter of this site. Poor Andy probably doesn't want to piss off his advertisers.

Posted by: Miguel | Jun 18, 2009 5:13:31 PM

9. Black has given a statement, apologizing for sending a wrong message. http://wockner.blogspot.com/2009/06/gay-tsunami-slams-obama.html

Cut the guy some slack, he's human, unlike some of the trolls here.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jun 18, 2009 6:09:37 PM

10. I was never a Sanjaya "hater," but I was a little confused about his "celebrity." Now after watching the show I'm in love with his gentle sweetness. He has an innocent heart and mind, and I hope people give him a break. The guy's the epitome of decency. And that story about his father dying and how he had to grow up fast? Well, that was quite a tender thing to share. Love that kid.

Posted by: Marie | Jun 18, 2009 6:36:37 PM

11. OK, Sean, we GET IT---you want to sleep with DLB yourself.

Your talk of censorship is stupid and paranoid. That message comes up if you've been reading a page (say, a long series of comments) and someone else has posted a comment in the meanwhile. It happens all the time. Next time it happens, copy your comment and refresh the page, and post again. Voila! So much for your claims of censorship.

Yes, Andy has avoided this and other previous DLB stories and rumors. Again, he can post whatever the hell he wants.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 18, 2009 6:38:33 PM

12. Whether he's an out homo or a closet homo, he should use his homo fame to campaign for mandatory life health care for ALL men who worked on the 9/11 rescue and for all people in New York on 9/11 who breathed in the toxic air that Christine Todd said was healthy to breath before former Mayor Dick-for-brains Giuliani carted off the toxic dust to hide the evidence that 9/11 was an inside job by treasonous Americans in positions of leadership in business and government.

What else is faggot talk good for if not to get something real and more important done for mankind?

Posted by: BILDERBERGS 'R' TERRORISTS | Jun 18, 2009 7:55:00 PM

13. IMO its really sad he is so obviously gay but because of america he has to be 'fine about gays' but cant admit to being himself.

Its sad cos he will prob spend years in the closet being miserable to please others. & he will just hate himself for who he is, and how he likes guys, but has to pretend to be with girls. esp cos its so obvious to others he is gay, but he tries to hide it & may spend his life denying it.

Its a shame. I feel for the guy.

I know, ive been there. :(

Posted by: the truth | Jun 18, 2009 8:22:35 PM

14. So, Sean, can we expect a sex tape of you being released soon? You know, the one of you blowing smoke up your own ass. Goddamn. In all your self-righteous fury over nothing, you neglected to explain how Towleroad covering the Black story would A) "normalize" gay sex in anyone's mind who wasn't already accepting enough of gay people to be visiting a gay website, and B) Why this is Andy's responsibility. If he's friend's with Black, it makes perfect sense that he wouldn't want to cover it. I would imagine there's not one single person who reads Towleroad who doesn't already know the story anyway. But, by all means, continue with the aggrieved martyr act. It makes you seem so reasonable.

Posted by: ryan | Jun 18, 2009 8:58:06 PM

15. Sean, here's the answer to the DLB sex tape/towleroad censorship mystery....

drum roll..

duh, they probably know each, have some of the same friends, or he might just respect the guy enough not to want to add to his misery. pick one.

If they're friends and Andy doesn't want to report it, so what? do you know how many sensationalized, sex scandals get buried because of mutual relationships? all the time. Do I have a problem with it? not really. We're not talking criminal behavior or government corruption. Personally, I would do the same for a friend of mine.

It's a sex tape, not Watergate.

I don't think the Justice Department will be called in anytime soon.

Posted by: Dave | Jun 18, 2009 9:31:15 PM

16. Sean, honey, let it rest!

Posted by: mike | Jun 19, 2009 1:31:19 PM

17. He is lying big time. Come on, you are gay. Look at Adam Lambert. He came out and he is fine. America does not care anymore.

Posted by: R | Jun 19, 2009 1:52:17 PM