Alaska | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Anti-Gay Alaskans Mock Protestors at Palin Good-bye Speech

Sarah Palin gave a good-bye press conference in Fairbanks, Alaska full of her typical empty rhetoric and Palinisms. Politico reports on the scene of the speech:

Palin "Before addressing the crowd in a park with an ersatz frontier main street and encircled by a choo-choo train that was once called 'Alaskaland,' Palin spent hours under a tent serving hot dogs and greeting admirers. Some of her most passionate supporters were from out of state and had interrupted or planned vacations to catch a glimpse at the outgoing governor. Two Texans holding up pro-Palin signs said they drove on Harley-Davidsons some 4,000 miles north from the Ft. Worth area to check out Alaska and see the woman they want to be the next president. But there were also a handful of individuals who came out to the picnic to register their displeasure at Palin, and at times some of her supporters turned their attention from the picnic to her opponents. Larry Landry of Fairbanks was standing next to a friend, holding up a sign that said, 'Thanks For The Laughs,' when he was heckled by a passer-by. 'Well, look here it's a couple of gay guys, couple of gay fellas,' remarked the passer-by. The man holding the sign then held up what he said was his wedding band , hanging around his neck on a leather necklace, and put in the face of the heckler, saying he was married.''"

Watch Palin's speech, if you can bear it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Ya quit makin' things up." Alaska's favorite asshat.

Posted by: Jason | Jul 27, 2009 10:46:16 AM

2. 1:37 without choking on my own vomit!

What do I win?

Posted by: The Phoenix | Jul 27, 2009 10:50:54 AM

3. Are we supposed to feel sorry for people who went into "enemy" territory to provoke other people and then found themselves targeted? Or are we supposed to be surprised that people in a rural state are not the most gay-positive citizens of planet Earth?

And all the people said in response was "look here it's a couple of gay guys"? No "fags" or even "queers"? Seriously?

It was also kind of Phelps-clannish of the people who went to protest someone who is already leaving their job. Apparently it was basically just to say "We hate you"...and to provoke the lumberjacks or whoever else was at this thing.

The whole thing is such a non-event, from Palin's train-wrecky "career move" to the starved-for-drama protesters who came up short on the excitement they were looking for.

Posted by: paul c | Jul 27, 2009 11:00:32 AM

4. I would have given them the correct respone back: "I'm only here to screw her whore daughter in the ass you knuckledragging moron." Or, possibly, "I missed seeing the weak and stupid viet nam deserter and Saudi cum guzzler when I had the chance, so this ignorant twat and her family are the closest things to pure failure I'll even get to meet!"...
    Ah, the list goes on.

Posted by: Terry | Jul 27, 2009 11:08:38 AM

5. @ TERRY
    LOL, those are both so good it's hard to choose just one!

Posted by: MikeMick | Jul 27, 2009 11:32:15 AM

6. Paul C, so it's ok for two Texan bikers to go all the way up there and sing and dance but not okay for ALASKAN gay or otherwise people who live and pay taxes there to have a say about their OWN political jurisdiction?

God she's a fucking awful woman, and anyone who supports or condones her needs a lobotomy quite frankly. I'd trek halfway around the world just to protest her too if I had the fucking money! Get off the high horse, Paul! Those guys have every right to be there so fuck you! Her goddamn gratey voice is bad enough! It's enough to shatter glass at 50 paces.

Posted by: EM | Jul 27, 2009 11:54:40 AM

7. @Em, any American who wanted to go to Palin's party or to any other circus sideshow or Maury Povich show taping has the right to do so. I never disputed that.

Just don't go whacking at a hornet's nest and then expect me to cry for you when you get stung. Or in this case, when you get chased but not stung as the "gay fellas" were apparently hoping for.

Also, Em, that's some impressive rage and hatred you're proudly displaying over there. They have therapy for that, you know.

Posted by: paul c | Jul 27, 2009 12:25:24 PM

8. Do us all a favor and take the fucking gas pipe "Paul C."

And I say that with love.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 27, 2009 12:40:32 PM

9. If everyone at Stonewall thought like Miss Paul C ....... you get the picture.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jul 27, 2009 12:59:06 PM

10. One would assume that someone with the name Ehrenstein would have more sense and decency than to wish death by gassing upon others, but apparently fascists come in all forms.

Tralfaz, I don't see how you equate snarky gays holding up posterboard signs designed to incite hostility just for the hell of it with Stonewall. Was Stonewall about trying to get on television and have a few shits and giggles? I didn't realize that.

Posted by: paul c | Jul 27, 2009 1:28:53 PM

11. I can't this obsession a lot of Republicans have with the military.

Posted by: RB | Jul 27, 2009 1:49:27 PM

12. @ PAUL C: Your write: "It was also kind of Phelps-clannish of the people who went to protest someone who is already leaving their job." Oh, so Palin is a victim like Matthew Shepard? or an Iraq-war casualty? Like she didn't want attention?

Posted by: David R. | Jul 27, 2009 6:17:13 PM

13. @David R, of course it was NOWHERE on the level of what the Phelps clan does, but it was pretty unnecessary to show up to a non-event like her retirement fiesta, or whatever that was supposed to be, just to hold up snarky signs essentially designed to say "we hate you".

That accomplishes nothing for gay rights, and I as I said before, it's just for the "protesters" to have shits and giggles. They were looking for drama and attention, and still could barely scrape any up.

I'm kind of excited if the harshest thing they got back was what was reported. Can you imagine what would have been said or done a few years ago? Even without provocation.

Posted by: paul c | Jul 27, 2009 8:34:32 PM

14. Paul C. I am sure glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks you're a total douche bag.

Posted by: Derek | Jul 27, 2009 8:50:07 PM