Barney Frank | Brad Pitt | Cleveland | Crime | Gay Games | Gay Marriage | Levi Johnston | Margaret Cho | News | Penguins | Republican Party | Robert Pattinson | Ryan Reynolds | Sarah Palin | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

News: Sarah Palin, Penguins, Ralph Reed, Cleveland, Kidneys, MP3s

road

Palin hints at independent conservative movement, to remain on national scene. Also, Son Track not a Republican.

Heche

road

Gay SF Zoo penguin pulls an Anne Heche.

road

Real Housewives of New York holding out for six figures. Kelly Bensimon to return.

road

Ralph Reed aims to rejuvenate Christian Coalition: “Even though I’ve been doing other things, this is kind of like Steve Jobs returning to Apple.You have to reinvent it. It’s the political analog to the iPod and the iPhone. It would be cool. It would be transformative. It would transform our politics and bring younger people to our ranks. All of those are critical imperatives.”

road

Barney Frank cool in the pool.

road

Ryan Reynolds to star as Green Lantern in feature film.

road

Southern Christian Leadership Conference threatens to fire Los Angeles leader over support for same-sex marriage: "The Rev. Eric P. Lee, president of the local SCLC chapter for two years, became an outspoken advocate of same-sex marriage during the recent campaign against Proposition 8, an amendment to the state Constitution that banned such unions. The SCLC national board notified Lee on May 27 that he would have to attend a hearing at its Atlanta headquarters on June 4 to explain his stance on same-sex marriage. If he did not show up, they said, they would suspend and fire him."

road

F*CK!: Swearing helps reduce pain.

Mosescannon

road

Lateisha Green murder trial set to begin in Syracuse. New York to use hate crimes law.

road

Music industry sees collapse in illegal file-sharing: "The survey of 1,000 fans also shows that many14 to 18 year olds are now streaming music regularly online using services such as YouTube and Spotify. At the same time less than a third of teenagers are now illegally downloading music, the survey suggests."

road

Male model fix: Chris Cuba.

road

Brad Pitt and Anglelina Jolie house-hunting at swank NYC upper east side "fortress".

road

Robert Pattinson offers a flash of the pubes.

Ediie

road

Mental: Comedian Eddie Sarfaty coming to NYC.

road

Levi Johnston: Palin quit for the money.

road

Margaret Cho returns to TV in Drop Dead Diva: Cho plays the sidekick to a recently deceased model trapped in an overweight brainiac's body. "I thought that it was a really interesting idea, because I think that a certain kind of beauty is valued more than other kinds, and that's a really harmful thing. To take a script that questions that beauty ideal and challenges it is very important. It's really close to what I do in stand-up, talking about body issues and beauty in an intelligent, funny and provocative way."

road

Cleveland keen on capturing 2014 Gay Games.

road

Wanted: living kidney donors.

road

Anchor mocks Mariah Carey's performance of "I'll Be There" at Jackson funeral. The Westboro Baptist Chuch performs "Beat It".

Comments

1. The Palin link re: forming an indie conservative movement is terrifying. As are the comments to that blog post. And, even worse, the knowledge that the post is written by a lesbian.

Good God, this country is a fucking nightmare.

Posted by: freddy | Jul 13, 2009 3:19:08 PM

2. I think you mean Upper "west" side fortress for Brad and Angelina.

Posted by: Leto | Jul 13, 2009 3:24:41 PM

3. Yeah, I'd totally "donate" my kidney. For a hundred grand or so... Oh wait, that's illegal in this country.

STUPID!

Lemme sell it, I can end somebody's suffering, too...

Posted by: Derek | Jul 13, 2009 3:28:58 PM

4. Ralph Reed on reinventing the Christian Coalition: "It’s the political analog to the iPod and the iPhone."

Yep: small and white.

Posted by: Kevinvt | Jul 13, 2009 3:53:45 PM

5. I thought Meghan McCain was the new "Indie" Conservative movement. I seriously doubt Palin is joining McCain's group

Posted by: damien | Jul 13, 2009 3:55:31 PM

6. Ralph Reed is a self-loathing closet-case.

Posted by: Tweety | Jul 13, 2009 4:25:05 PM

7. Barney Frank: try seeing him NAKED in the Boston Sports Club locker room, on more than one occasion.

Posted by: Fred | Jul 13, 2009 4:38:21 PM

8. Good luck to Sarah on here "movement." Trying to create a new party would only do the same thing to the Republican party that happened when Teddy Roosevelt tried to create a progressive Republican party in 1912: split the party. It would assure the Democrats further control of the White House and both houses of Congress. So I say: "Sarah, go for it!"

Posted by: Hank | Jul 13, 2009 5:07:52 PM

9. I guess that makes Vermont the iPhone of states, then, Kevin.

Posted by: Let'sFaceIt | Jul 13, 2009 6:43:56 PM

10. Letsfaceit: either you're just bitter because you don't live in the first state to pass marriage equality in the legislature (and by a super-majority), or you're a republican troll, or some hybrid of the two.

There's certainly no reason for any reasonable gay person to have anything against one of the most gay-friendly states in the union.

Posted by: Kevinvt | Jul 13, 2009 7:06:08 PM

11. Letsfaceit: either you're just bitter because you don't live in the first state to pass marriage equality in the legislature (and by a super-majority), or you're a republican troll, or some hybrid of the two.

Posted by: Kevinvt | Jul 13, 2009 7:06:08 PM

12. Letsfaceit: either you're just bitter because you don't live in the first state to pass marriage equality in the legislature (and by a super-majority), or you're a republican troll, or some hybrid of the two.

Posted by: Kevinvt | Jul 13, 2009 7:06:08 PM

13. Let'sfaceit seems to suffer from Vermontophobia.

If Sarah Palin offers to stump for conservative Dem's I expect they'll run for their lives faster than Levi.

Posted by: Ernie | Jul 13, 2009 7:15:48 PM

14. Ralph Reed - I'm sure he's not the biggest hypocrite of the pseudo-evangelical movement - but he definitely is right up there at the top. Has everyone forgotten his ties to Jack Abramoff? The term Antisocial Personality Order comes to mind.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 13, 2009 8:36:09 PM

15. I clicked on the link to Barney Frank in the pool. The first thing I thought was, "WOW! Barney Frank looks GREAT for his age (or any age for that matter). Then I was a bit surprised to see that he has no hair on his torso. It was at that point that I discovered that the torso I was looking at was not Barney's (DUH!), and that Barney is now completely covered up in the picture, as well as the face of the younger man whose torso IS visible.

Hmmm...curious.

I decided to post a comment on that page...but, of course, you can no longer post comments on that page (no doubt thanks to the trolls that have nothing better to do than to act like idiots). So here I am, posting about it here. Someone please tell me my computer just messed up and there wasn't a whole lot of censorship goin' on.

Posted by: BubbaInTX | Jul 14, 2009 1:06:45 AM

16. Mike, I don't think that Ralph Reed and "top" should be linked in any way. No way he's even versatile.

Posted by: Geronimo | Jul 14, 2009 3:20:54 AM

17. Hey, I love Vermont! It's also one of the most crime-free places in the U.S. And of course it's one of the only states to pass marriage-equality. Cool people too. My problem is with SOME of its citizens. What right do you guys have to criticize others when you've been living your life in a paradise? As the ancients used to say, "Soft lands make for soft people." Don't be such know-it-alls about criticizing those of us who live in less paradisiacal places. (And if I find out that you've been working in some other state in the inner city all summer, I'll apologize).

Posted by: Let'sFaceIt | Jul 14, 2009 4:57:30 AM

18. "My problem is with SOME of its citizens. What right do you guys have to criticize others when you've been living your life in a paradise?"

So people who live in gay-friendly places give up their right to free speech? Hmmm, I didn't know that. Debating the issues here shouldn't been seen as criticizing others for where they live. As gay people, we're all on the same team, no matter where we live.

Posted by: Ernie | Jul 14, 2009 9:19:05 AM