Lourdes Leon | Madonna | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna's Daughter Lourdes to Make Debut in 'Celebration' Video

Celebration

Lourdes Leon will make her on-screen debut in the video for Madonna's new track "Celebration" according to Madonnatribe:

"The remixes for the first single off the package, Celebration, are signed by Benny Benassi, Chris Lake, Felguk, Johnny Vicious and of course the producer of the original track Paul Oakenfold. As for the special guest of the video we mentioned a few days ago, we can now report it's the lovely Lourdes Leon herself... We have also been told that Warner and Madonna's camp are very happy with the positive buzz surrounding Celebration and planning the release of the second single off the GH. Revolver, the second new song contained in the new compilation, will be released as the second single sometime in September 2009." (via boy culture)

Meanwhile, folks seem to be up in arms about this recent photo of Madonna, which reveals the sinewy state her constant workouts have left her appendages in.

Madonnaarms

Emily Nussbaum writes (in an article about her various phases and personas) of Madonna in New York magazine:

"Maybe it’s because I’m getting older along with her, but watching Madonna strut past 50—hips grinding in high heels, posing legs spread—brings out anxious, contradictory emotions. It’s become taboo to criticize stars for plastic surgery—both because it is their choice and because they have no choice—but each time I glimpse that grinning mask, I wonder why it’s impossible for Madonna, with all her power, her will to shock, to ever stop 'giving good face'? I try to persuade myself to admire her most New York qualities (ambition, workaholism); I tell myself she’s a dancer, and this is what dancers do. But I feel exhausted just witnessing the effort it must take to maintain this vision of eternal youth. This didactically selfless Madonna is less inspiring than the selfish one in so many ways."

And, "If she’s hardened in the process, maybe that’s because she was the first to step up and take it; she was a shield. Now she’s catalyzing a new set of insults, that cougar-MILF catcall, with its attendant put-downs—she’s 'desperate,' 'pathetic,' 'trying too hard.' And maybe she is. Sometimes I think she is. But while other female icons fade, fold, or fossilize into camp, for better or worse, Madonna seems determined to do something unsettling and new: spin to the center of the dance floor, till the end."

Comments

1. Do yoga much?

Posted by: Realitythink | Jul 28, 2009 9:16:21 AM

2. OMG Madonna's arms are scary!!!!

Posted by: kujhawker | Jul 28, 2009 9:16:44 AM

3. It's so nice to see that the incredible hulk finally coming to terms and undergoing the gender reassignment surgery. I wonder what her new name will be...wait, what? Really?...damn girl, isn't that a bit much?

Posted by: AsherStClaire | Jul 28, 2009 9:21:26 AM

4. What would Helen Keller think of all this meanness?

Posted by: j | Jul 28, 2009 9:32:57 AM

5. I've always loved Iggy Pop.

Posted by: Ernie | Jul 28, 2009 9:46:29 AM

6. I can see her granny panties.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 28, 2009 9:51:04 AM

7. OVERRATED!!! CAN'T SUPPORT HER MUSIC ANYMORE!! NO LOVE FOR THE GAYS....NO LOVE FOR YOU OR YOUR CAREER!!!

Posted by: Steven | Jul 28, 2009 9:53:06 AM

8. JESUS CHRIST!!! I'll be having nightmares about those goddamn arms. They're like something from a David Cronenberg film.

Posted by: Donovan | Jul 28, 2009 10:03:38 AM

9. Madonna's contribution to modern society, children as accessories !!!

Posted by: Lars | Jul 28, 2009 10:23:11 AM

10. I love Madonna as much as anyone but she really needs to eat something. God she looks awful! However, she finally separated Lourdes' eyebrows so thats a plus right?

Posted by: RB | Jul 28, 2009 10:32:04 AM

11. "she finally separated Lourdes' eyebrows so thats a plus right?"

I think it just migrated to her upper lip.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 28, 2009 10:36:32 AM

12. That photo is sooo photoshopped. It's rather obvious and you guys fall for it.

Posted by: jfandrews | Jul 28, 2009 10:51:15 AM

13. Yes, I question the veracity of that photograph too.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 28, 2009 10:55:31 AM

14. she was never attractive --- and those arms just make it worse

Posted by: Willie | Jul 28, 2009 10:58:09 AM

15. If this is the look she's comfortable with, fine. But stop over Photoshopping all the magazine covers and ads.

Posted by: JimmyD | Jul 28, 2009 10:58:32 AM

16. Nussbaum is amazing. She found a way to address the actual disturbing nature of Madonna's appearance without just sounding like a hater. She makes a good point too. WHY is Madonna trying so hard? She could sit in a wheelchair for the next 40 years (ala Elizabeth Taylor) and she wouldn't lose a fan.

Posted by: Jeff | Jul 28, 2009 11:02:54 AM

17. 50 is not the end of life by any means, but really Miss. Madonna, one must move through time with grace and style. You're not. Looking like you are underfed, unhealthy, and ill is just as bad as looking overfed, unhealthy obese, and ill.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jul 28, 2009 11:20:23 AM

18. She lost me at PROP 8!!!!!!

Posted by: Jake | Jul 28, 2009 11:23:48 AM

19. I encourage everyone to read Emily Nussbaum's piece at nymag.com. It's so well-written and explores the conflicting love/hate that Madonna inspires among us all, especially for fans who totally grooved on the in-your-face bad-girl boy-toy '80s Madonna (where's that girl today???).

Another interesting topic in the article is comparing Madonna and Michael Jackson, saying Madonna never played the victim, was always in charge and represented Woman. Michael was forever the victim and never a Man (or even Woman for that matter). A must read.

Plus: there's a fun collection of 75 madonna magazine covers. You can feel yourself age 30 years as you click through them.

Posted by: Emily Justified My Love | Jul 28, 2009 11:29:25 AM

20. I loved the Nussbaum piece. It captured everything I feel about Madonna--and all the frustration I feel when I hear people bash her (which I have noticed it on the upswing lately).

Posted by: Alex | Jul 28, 2009 11:44:36 AM

21. Madonna will still be argued about 100 years from now. That's an artist with impact. Bless her, in all her Leo glory. (Those of you who've grown up with a Leo woman in the house know what I mean.)

Posted by: Dback | Jul 28, 2009 11:50:04 AM

22. "spin to the center of the dance floor, till the end"

geez...she's only 50...it's not like she's 70!

Posted by: Bruno | Jul 28, 2009 11:57:02 AM

23. Madonna hasn't been photoshopped, but she doesn't look like that in real life either. A photo of her looking bad is worth far more than one where she looks great.

As for the prop 8 stuff... Yes, it's a major oversight on her part, and it's hard to excuse. However, I think she's been a little divorced from reality recently. Her failed marriage, her constant touring, her obsession with Kabbalah, her increasingly controversial adoptions, the plastic surgery - Her increasing disconnect from the real world was probably inevitable. Let's hope she moves back to New York and figures it out what's really important to her...

Posted by: Denis | Jul 28, 2009 12:09:22 PM

24. Madonna in 10 years...

Posted by: crispy | Jul 28, 2009 12:20:07 PM

25. Re: Prop 8 - Madonna out grew her gays. Every hagfag does. Now, when will the Gays outgrow madonna?

These arms are not as scary as the American Life promo pics. She isn't so much 'over-rated' as she is just - over.

Posted by: OttoErotica | Jul 28, 2009 12:27:22 PM