Gay Marriage | Kathy Griffin | Proposition 8 | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

Team Griffin Joins 'No H8' Campaign

Tg1

Team Griffin took some time recently to participate in photographer Adam Bouska's NO H8 Campaign for marriage equality, which is growing by leaps and bounds.

Tg2  Tg3

And just by coincidence (or not) Griffin's episode of My Life on the D List tonight deals with her involvement with protests against Proposition 8, and she also visits the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's 24-bed transitional living program for homeless LGBT youth. She also joined their Vote for Equality team for door-to-door canvassing to promote support for marriage equality. Drew Barrymore and Melissa Etheridge are her guests.

Three clips of tonight's episode, AFTER THE JUMP...

Tg4

Comments

1. Maggie is now my desktop picture!

Posted by: qjersey | Jul 27, 2009 8:45:00 AM

2. I adore Kathy. She's a fellow redhead, so it's almost the law. Maggie is such a hoot! Damn, Tom has hot eyes! Tiffany...work it, honey! LOL. :) I love all the pictures. Great job.

Posted by: Barry | Jul 27, 2009 9:35:38 AM

3. I can't believe how much weight Jessica has lost. She's practically tiny now.

Posted by: Shelby | Jul 27, 2009 10:01:50 AM

4. I love how the photographer has his credit line in every image. What a tool. I hate when people use a cause to further their careers. Tool.

Posted by: fred | Jul 27, 2009 10:13:52 AM

5. Tom is Hot in this pic!

Posted by: Kevin | Jul 27, 2009 10:21:12 AM

6. Holy airbrushing! Everyone looks fantastic! But how did the photog make Tom NOT look creepy? I mean really.

Posted by: Billy | Jul 27, 2009 10:29:12 AM

7. Who are the three bottom pictures of? People are referring to the guy as "Tom". I assumed it was Justin Kirk from Weeds and Angels in America.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 27, 2009 10:38:17 AM

8. I'm just glad Tom has some eyelashes. I think he's hot, not creepy at all.

Posted by: Mark in Portland | Jul 27, 2009 11:36:18 AM

9. Ah ok I see. Sorry I don't watch the show, but Kathy Griffin is hilarious.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 27, 2009 12:02:39 PM

10. @FRED, you're an idiot. Celeb photographer Adam Bouska and his partner are the ones who created the NO H8 campaign as a photo project and silent protest. Celebs are attracted to the project in part because of HIM.

Posted by: RJ | Jul 27, 2009 12:08:15 PM

11. @FRED. I know Adam personally and he does this NO H8 campaign absolutely FREE!. He doesn't have a great deal of money either. In essence he is broke.

Adam has only been doing photography for about 3-4 years with no college or professional background. He just started making a little money with it not long ago with a few advertisements he managed to land via his Myspace.

So yes he puts his name on his photos that aren't paid for, but guess what, so does EVERY artist that signs their artwork.

Posted by: Aiden Raccoon | Jul 27, 2009 12:43:09 PM

12. "I love how the photographer has his credit line in every image. What a tool. I hate when people use a cause to further their careers. Tool."

I recently interviewed Adam and his partner and they are doing this "for the cause". I hope he does make some money down the road, lights, cameras, action, don't come for free.

Your vitriol should be aimed at that new Gay/Tax expensive t-shirt by Marc Jacobs. Let's be real, that sucker if meant for big sunglass wearers to show the commitment to the cause at circuit parties or The Abbey.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jul 27, 2009 3:34:00 PM

13. Living in LA I noticed these pictures months ago and still can't figure out what they mean.

Duct tape = We can't speak? We're being silenced? You can't hear me scream? WHAT?

Why can't we speak? People ARE listening, the fight for our rights is all over the news. People ARE listening, they just aren't doing anything about it.

Sure the photos pop and look amazing. I get it. But really, I think the choice for duct tape was only because Adam had tons of rolls left over. I really don't get the message these are trying to make. Someone fill me in

Posted by: Giff | Jul 27, 2009 3:40:30 PM

14. Last night was the single best episode of "My Life On The D-List" ever. I was amazed by the whole show and the ease at which she was able to be serious and topically funny.

Posted by: Tim | Jul 28, 2009 1:55:59 PM

15. Ewww! D LISTERS! YUCK!

Posted by: Yuck | Sep 19, 2009 12:26:29 AM