Brad Pitt | Gay Marriage | New Orleans | News

BigGayDeal.com

Brad Pitt Pushed for New Orleans Mayor: 'I'm running on the gay marriage, no religion, legalization of marijuana platform.'

Bradpitt

In a Brad Pitt interview with Ann Curry on Today, Curry brought up the fact that some people in New Orleans are pushing for Pitt to be mayor. Asked if he'd take it seriously, Pitt replied: "I'm running on the gay marriage, no religion, legalization and taxation of marijuana platform. I don't have a chance."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Brapittformayor

Comments

1. Next time you are going to the movies, make sure you see all of Brads movies. He is so wonderful, and handsome, he just brings a smile to my heart. He is my favoite star out there. It's so amazing how just excepting us brings out the love and kindness in my heart. Imagine how the world could be if every one was that kind and thoughtful.

Posted by: scotch9 | Aug 13, 2009 9:25:43 AM

2. Brad is a true philanthropist with a good heart- that alone disqualifies him from being in politics-especially in N'awlins.

Posted by: Nick | Aug 13, 2009 9:40:47 AM

3. It is amazing that this story keeps coming out worldwide as serious. A guy here made a t-shirt to wear to JazzFest [same as the picture above, i believe] as a joke. We even had an article in the Times-Picayune about how this is being reported as a serious campaign in places as far as Thailand...

New Orleans really does love Brad, but we feel about the same tongue-in-cheek attitude about him running for mayor as he appears to in the interview...he and his family are still always welcome in this city! He has done more good for us than practically any politician. since the hurricane.

Posted by: nola native | Aug 13, 2009 9:56:59 AM

4. If only.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 13, 2009 9:59:24 AM

5. How is it possible that he just keeps getting more and more attractive over time?

*swoon*

Posted by: David in Houston | Aug 13, 2009 10:09:24 AM

6. He has got the best chance if he is for Legalizing Marijuana. I will move from New York to New Orleans just to vote for him:)

Posted by: todd | Aug 13, 2009 10:11:35 AM

7. he is as close to the perfect man as one could imagine. if only he was into dick. luv,luv, luv him.

Posted by: nic | Aug 13, 2009 10:21:52 AM

8. What's especially spectacular is that Brad is originally from the reddest area of a red state and everybody there probably freaks out when they read things like this.

He knows he's in a good position in his life to say what he thinks, and god bless him for that.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 13, 2009 10:36:24 AM

9. Why not? Clint Eastwood was mayor of Carmel by the Sea. Brad Pitt is obviously knowledgeable and well spoken. He's also wealthy enough that he couldn't be bought off.

Posted by: Hank | Aug 13, 2009 10:56:49 AM

10. OMG!!! I love that gorgeous man!

Posted by: Zo | Aug 13, 2009 11:32:19 AM

11. Here's one New Orleans voter who'd vote for him in a millisecond.

Posted by: paulied | Aug 13, 2009 12:17:47 PM

12. Pitt for Prez

Posted by: Lubin Odana | Aug 13, 2009 1:00:54 PM

13. YES! He and Angelina are the celebrity couple I actually care about. I have loved her ever since she was quoted as saying something to the effect of, "when I buy myself a fancy Hollywood type of car, I donate the same amount to a worthy cause." I wish we all had the funds to do exactly that.

It's a bong dream, but, New Orleans could do far worse , and has, than Brad Pitt.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Aug 13, 2009 1:57:01 PM

14. '...if only he was into dick. luv,luv, luv him."

Well, what about "ass", NIC? I want him too.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 13, 2009 2:14:23 PM

15. I'd vote for him

Posted by: Jay | Aug 13, 2009 3:43:16 PM

16. Gregoire, Missouri is hardly a red state. It has been usually a 50/50 state over its history but still leaning blue. As for Springfield (where Brad's from), like the more metro areas of the state, it tends to be more blue. Your facts are all wrong on this. (Plus, as a city with multiple colleges/universities, it has gay bars and gay orgs -- it's pretty much a live & let live state.)

Posted by: what | Aug 13, 2009 4:32:51 PM

17. Ha! Missouri passed a Denial of Marriage Act in 2004... and in the state of Missouri, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people can be fired from their jobs, evicted from their homes, refused access to public services, and denied parenting rights. And, not that I have any great love for Mormons, but Missouri's governor once made an order calling for the extermination of all Mormons, which was only rescinded in 1976. They said that Wyoming was live and let live, too - until a guy gets strapped to a fence and beaten to death. You want a live and let live state? Move to New Hampshire. Missouri is most definitely not it.

Posted by: Steve | Aug 13, 2009 6:54:00 PM

18. I'll vote for him !!

Posted by: ty | Aug 14, 2009 11:37:32 AM

19. NOLA loves Brad. I went to Storytime on Magazine, got my shirt and signed the petition! Haha

Posted by: coffee&chicory | Aug 14, 2009 12:27:14 PM