Comments

1. says

Next time you are going to the movies, make sure you see all of Brads movies. He is so wonderful, and handsome, he just brings a smile to my heart. He is my favoite star out there. It’s so amazing how just excepting us brings out the love and kindness in my heart. Imagine how the world could be if every one was that kind and thoughtful.

2. nola native says

It is amazing that this story keeps coming out worldwide as serious. A guy here made a t-shirt to wear to JazzFest [same as the picture above, i believe] as a joke. We even had an article in the Times-Picayune about how this is being reported as a serious campaign in places as far as Thailand…

New Orleans really does love Brad, but we feel about the same tongue-in-cheek attitude about him running for mayor as he appears to in the interview…he and his family are still always welcome in this city! He has done more good for us than practically any politician. since the hurricane.

3. Gregoire says

What’s especially spectacular is that Brad is originally from the reddest area of a red state and everybody there probably freaks out when they read things like this.

He knows he’s in a good position in his life to say what he thinks, and god bless him for that.

4. says

YES! He and Angelina are the celebrity couple I actually care about. I have loved her ever since she was quoted as saying something to the effect of, “when I buy myself a fancy Hollywood type of car, I donate the same amount to a worthy cause.” I wish we all had the funds to do exactly that.

It’s a bong dream, but, New Orleans could do far worse , and has, than Brad Pitt.

5. what says

Gregoire, Missouri is hardly a red state. It has been usually a 50/50 state over its history but still leaning blue. As for Springfield (where Brad’s from), like the more metro areas of the state, it tends to be more blue. Your facts are all wrong on this. (Plus, as a city with multiple colleges/universities, it has gay bars and gay orgs — it’s pretty much a live & let live state.)

6. Steve says

Ha! Missouri passed a Denial of Marriage Act in 2004… and in the state of Missouri, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people can be fired from their jobs, evicted from their homes, refused access to public services, and denied parenting rights. And, not that I have any great love for Mormons, but Missouri’s governor once made an order calling for the extermination of all Mormons, which was only rescinded in 1976. They said that Wyoming was live and let live, too – until a guy gets strapped to a fence and beaten to death. You want a live and let live state? Move to New Hampshire. Missouri is most definitely not it.