Fire Island | Miley Cyrus | Music | Music Video | News

Fire Island Gays Get the Attention of Miley Cyrus with 'Party' Video

Miley

A lip-sync video made by a group of gay men on Fire Island to the Miley Cyrus track "Party in the USA" has grabbed the singer's attention.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Cyrustwitter

Comments

1. that's cute! . . . and only a few cringes.

Posted by: JohnnyP | Aug 25, 2009 1:24:01 PM

2. I really am over Twitter.

Posted by: Rad | Aug 25, 2009 1:24:17 PM

3. I made it to 45 seconds before I stabbed my ears with a letter opener.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 25, 2009 1:25:57 PM

4. Ummm...gross

Posted by: Name: | Aug 25, 2009 1:33:30 PM

5. I loved this... it reminds me of my Pines days where a bunch of us would just up and do something creative and spontaneous and wonderful and fun. You just know it took them all of an hour and it was edited on someone's mac at work the following Monday... and looks terrific. It's exactly why I'm glad to be gay...

Posted by: Dave | Aug 25, 2009 1:34:40 PM

6. Ok Ok I admit it I follow their blog:

Remember Don't F*ck It Up!

Posted by: Derek | Aug 25, 2009 1:38:34 PM

7. don't forget the Ashley Olsen tweet as well! I heart this video and these boys

Posted by: Chrissy | Aug 25, 2009 1:40:05 PM

8. Why do you say they are gay?

Posted by: Peter | Aug 25, 2009 1:41:00 PM

9. Miley Cirus, Twitter, and Fire Island? No thanks.

Posted by: Clay | Aug 25, 2009 1:41:40 PM

10. Andy Cohen and Fire Island...all in one day. Andy, You simply MUST do a story on Chelsea. It would make the triangle complete.

Posted by: Danny | Aug 25, 2009 1:42:10 PM

11. Wow, Crispy, I only made it to 20 seconds before going after my ears with an immersion blender-- but how did you gouge out *your* eyes?

*I* used a melon baller to get mine out.

Those are the nelliest queens I've seen in a long time, and I count drag artistes AND theatre makeup artists as friends.

Worse crime? They can't dance or lip-synch. It just proves my point: Twinks aren't worth the time OR the hair-care product.

Posted by: RW | Aug 25, 2009 1:42:43 PM

12. A bunch of privileged white guys on fire island? shocking!

Posted by: Peter | Aug 25, 2009 1:44:55 PM

13. And BTW some of you are such typical judgmental ASSHOLES.

Why is it so hard to not be able to just enjoy it for what it is? A group of guys having campy, queer fun (not hurting anyone) on a beautiful day in a beautiful place.

And RW get a clue man since I would bet ALL of them are in their late 20s to mid 30s. Twinks? Maybe if you're 70 you douche.

Posted by: Derek | Aug 25, 2009 1:53:19 PM

14. wow. this video is the opposite of my experience living as a gay man. and i'm sooooooo thankful!

Posted by: Patrick | Aug 25, 2009 1:53:34 PM

15. Derek: agreed. A lot of bitter up in here. I'm pushing 50 and as jaded as they come and loved every minute of this!

Posted by: Dave | Aug 25, 2009 1:57:45 PM

16. Does anyone find this campy effeminacy attractive? These guys probably go to the gym 3X week and obsessively maintain a fit body and generally masculine appearance. Then they prance around lip-synching to a girl's voice. Check out the video at 2:23. Is there anyone on this planet that wants to see that?

Posted by: Joe P. | Aug 25, 2009 2:01:07 PM

17. Ahh, RW, I actually thought the guys were kinda cute... despite their vapid taste in music.

Call me when they do a video for Muse's new song "Uprising."

Posted by: crispy | Aug 25, 2009 2:02:04 PM

18. Ok they look a little too old to be singing along to Miley. I'm 22 and I even feel too old for her songs.

Posted by: KFLO | Aug 25, 2009 2:05:52 PM

19. Damn, what could possible be so wrong with a bunch of friends making great memories on a summer vacation? I have read some bitter comments on this site about many things, but the posts here are simply confounding.

Posted by: MikeyDallas | Aug 25, 2009 2:06:50 PM

20. This video combined with a quick glance at the website that derek linked above makes me hate them.

Posted by: Danny | Aug 25, 2009 2:07:03 PM

21. Sorry Joe. P but I don't have to find EVERYONE I watch in a video sexually attractive. Rather I take some things exactly how they are intended, to be FUN.

Maybe you should get your head out of your crotch just a tad and perhaps deal with what appears to be a bit of internalized homophobia.

I'm just saying.....

Posted by: Derek | Aug 25, 2009 2:11:41 PM

22. Obviously, this was a link about Miley Cyrus. if you hate Miley, why click on the link to read it and or watch the video. more importantly, why waste time typing out that you're too cool to listen to Miley. Haters, get a life. The video was cute. The song is fun. Life's too short to spend every minute of every day hating and pretending you're so much cooler than you are.

Posted by: brian | Aug 25, 2009 2:14:08 PM

23. Y'all need to take a fucking Pamprin.

Yeah it was vapid. I'm no real Miley fan. But it was also cute, fun, and made me wish I were spending a week on Fire Island with my friends.

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 25, 2009 2:14:21 PM

24. I like it............so shoot me.

Posted by: J. J. | Aug 25, 2009 2:20:30 PM

25. I love that they are not the typical pumped-up muscle queens that Fire Island has been known for.

Posted by: DEREKK | Aug 25, 2009 2:23:43 PM