Fire Island | Miley Cyrus | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Fire Island Gays Get the Attention of Miley Cyrus with 'Party' Video

Miley

A lip-sync video made by a group of gay men on Fire Island to the Miley Cyrus track "Party in the USA" has grabbed the singer's attention.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Cyrustwitter

Comments

1. If you don't like Fire Island, don't go. If you think it's all "privelaged white guys", you haven't been.

Posted by: Joshua Ackley | Aug 25, 2009 2:26:02 PM

2. Competition in the comments on BuzzFeed:

Posted by: Yet Another Mike | Aug 25, 2009 2:27:37 PM

3. I don't understand why everyone on here has to be so nasty all of the time. I think this video is really cute and it shows a bunch of friends having a fun time on their vacation.

Bravo gents!

Posted by: Jason | Aug 25, 2009 2:37:13 PM

4. Damn bitter old queens. I am 57 and still think it's fun and campy. The young guys are hot and having fun. I can remember my younger days doing the same things on Gay Beach in Atlantic City (I was too poor for Fire Island...lol).

Posted by: Bob | Aug 25, 2009 2:39:42 PM

5. DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Johnny | Aug 25, 2009 2:42:33 PM

6. "Y'all need to take a fucking Pamprin."

*brilliant*

Posted by: JryanP | Aug 25, 2009 2:45:06 PM

7. Why do people still believe gay people have such great taste when examples of pure shit like this exist?

Posted by: Marco | Aug 25, 2009 2:49:04 PM

8. Marco you too should line up in the douchey judgmental line right behind: Crispy, Name, Clay, Danny, RW, Peter, Patrick, Joe P. and Johnny!!!!!!

Don't worry hun there is always room for more nasty queens in that line.

Posted by: Derek | Aug 25, 2009 2:59:42 PM

9. @ Jason

The reason why everyone has to be so nasty on here is because they are all jealous old tired worn beatin jacked up rusty old toads who have lost their grip on life and themselves so the ony way to cope is to lash out at the younger group and act totally shitty toward those of us gays who are still enjoying life.While they let life completely consume them.Im sorry,but some of you would be going the gay and lesbian community a favor by standing in front of an on coming amtrak acela.

Oh by the way NOT everyone who is over 21 but under 35 is a twink.Unless you are and old jacked up bitter queen with a social complex.

Some of you fags need to get a grip on yourselves

Maybe a couple of ours a day everyday on a shrinks couch will knock that bitter faggy attitude out of you.Otherwise Im calling the Exorcist.

Posted by: Rocky | Aug 25, 2009 3:02:35 PM

10. Fun. Thank you guys.

Posted by: Malo | Aug 25, 2009 3:04:54 PM

11. P.S. my last statement doesnt apply to those wise mature,down to earth middle aged men who keep it real.All I can say to yall more power to you

Posted by: Rocky | Aug 25, 2009 3:05:14 PM

12. I enjoyed the video. Then I checked out their blog gays of our lives. I'm so disgusted by these people. They take pics of people who are not "a-list" and make fun of them. I can't wait until they are old and go to these places and people take pics of how they are.

Posted by: Matt | Aug 25, 2009 3:08:18 PM

13. are the bitter bitches that troll QUEERTY relocating here? men have been playing at girly since time immemorial, and i should know, cuz, as my young friends pet it, i'm older than dirt.

the next time you see this it will likely be marines in afghanistan or sailors on a carrier. if it was good enough for shakespeare, its good enough for me.

as a bonus, if it lowers barriers with miley's fan base, that's one more gain for us.

go look up supercilious twits in your dictionaries...

Posted by: jack | Aug 25, 2009 3:09:26 PM

14. "Marco you too should line up in the douchey judgmental line right behind: Crispy, Name, Clay, Danny, RW, Peter, Patrick, Joe P. and Johnny!!!!!!"

It's not a line. It's a cocktail party with good music and compelling conversation.

And sorry, sweets, you're not invited.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 25, 2009 3:14:34 PM

15. To clear some things up, i do not believe these gentlemen are not the bloggers of gay of our lives. They have actually been victims of that site and the men who run it.

The video is just a fun video of thier time on the island. If you dont like it, why watch it? And why waste your time commenting on it.

Posted by: GJM | Aug 25, 2009 3:15:22 PM

16. I made it all the way to 39 seconds before throwing up on myself.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 25, 2009 3:23:06 PM

17. Sorry meant to say I do not believe these men ARE the bloggers of gayz of our lives. It's someone else. Not these men.

Posted by: GJM | Aug 25, 2009 3:24:36 PM

18. Wow-- if assholes flew around here, this website would look like an airport!

The judgmental douches are the people like Rocky and Derek who think their aesthetic is the only one that counts. And who take things FAR too seriously. Overly-sensitive much?! Cut down on the meth and the Red Bull.

We can all appreciate these guys that are prancing around like 17-year-old girls are having fun. It is NOT a crime against anyone to say that the song, or the performances in this video, don't arrive to the level of good camp. It's a vacation video with some post-production executed in 15 minutes. And once it's out on the Intertubes, it's fair game to make fun of it.

It's not bitterness, it's snark.

OT, I'm seeing a lot of emergency service planes heading up the coast from the West LA area from my office window. Does anyone know if there's a brush fire north of LA somewhere...?

Posted by: APPALLED | Aug 25, 2009 3:24:43 PM

19. That was cute!

Posted by: Al | Aug 25, 2009 3:33:13 PM

20. Wow...Just awful.

Posted by: Thom | Aug 25, 2009 3:40:22 PM

21. Crispy would that compelling conversation be about paintball perhaps? LOL

I'm glad to not be considered-I tend to gravitate towards positive, warm people who see the good in things---and those who can laugh and enjoy the silly.

Can anyone explain to me what Appalled is blabbering about? I think she needs more meth, red bull and an airline ticket to some fire.

Posted by: Derek | Aug 25, 2009 3:41:07 PM

22. i got to about 15 seconds and, instead, chose to listen to shelby lynn instead.

Posted by: alguien | Aug 25, 2009 3:52:31 PM

23. people need to light the f up. this was meant for fun...i know most of these guys, they are in their late 20's/early 30's and are all successful, respectable and nice people just having some fun. i'm no miley fan, but just enjoy it for what it is.

Posted by: Brian | Aug 25, 2009 3:55:16 PM

24. Do people still go to Fire Island??

Thats so 90's

Posted by: daveynyc | Aug 25, 2009 3:59:58 PM

25. And now some our your nastiness can get even more attention.

So glad they can just laugh at some of you as you totally deserve.

Posted by: Derek | Aug 25, 2009 4:00:01 PM