Farrah Fawcett | Magazines | Michael Jackson | News

BigGayDeal.com

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett: Vanity Fair, Demerol, Ryan O'Neal

Mj  Ff

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett appear on two separate covers for the September issue of Vanity Fair, being shipped to subscribers at random. They've also posted retrospective photo galleries on both MJ and FF. USA Today published a set of excerpts from the articles.

Murray The latest news from the investigation of Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, is that Murray claims one of his aides gave Jackson a shot of Demerol which triggered cardiac arrest:

"Michael Jackson died after one of his aides gave him a shot of the painkiller Demerol, his personal doctor said. Dr Conrad Murray told police that he, himself, was asleep when Jackson was given the fatal dose. When the doctor woke up, the singer was dead, and he frantically tried to revive him, Dr Murray claims. It is believed that Dr Murray told police that earlier that day he had given Jackson a shot  of surgical anaesthetic Propofol - also known as Diprivan - but that he had woken up when the effects wore off and demanded more medication. The unwitting aide gave him the shot of Demerol which then triggered a massive heart attack."

Farrah_ryan And here's a creepy story about Ryan O'Neal from the Vanity Fair profile on Farrah:

"While it’s clear that O’Neal is no angel, he’s at least willing to cop to his own flaws. At one point, he describes himself as 'a hopeless father' and offers as evidence this anecdote from Fawcett’s funeral: 'I had just put the casket in the hearse and I was watching it drive away when a beautiful blonde woman comes up and embraces me,' Ryan told me. 'I said to her, ‘You have a drink on you? You have a car?’ She said, ‘Daddy, it’s me—Tatum!’ I was just trying to be funny with a strange Swedish woman, and it’s my daughter. It’s so sick.' ... 'That’s our relationship in a nutshell,' Tatum said when I asked her about it. 'You make of it what you will.' She sighed. 'It had been a few years since we’d seen each other, and he was always a ladies’ man, a bon vivant.'"

Comments

1. I think it's much more likely that demerol (meperidine) killed Jackson than propofol.

Propofol has an incredibly short half-life and wears off in seconds or minutes.

Demerol is a terrible painkiller but gives a great high due to its interactions with the serotonergic system. It also interacts with multiple other medications, and is notorious for causing cardiac arrhythmias even without other medications on board. It first got its bad rap with the Libby Zion case in New York City. Many hospitals have taken it off their ER formulary entirely because so many drug seekers crave this dangerous, ineffective, and sub-standard drug.

Posted by: Yeek | Aug 3, 2009 10:50:48 AM

2. That story about Ryan O'Neal reminded me of my father's actions when we buried my mother. Needless to say, we don't speak.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Aug 3, 2009 12:27:57 PM

3. I find the fascination with the deaths of these people diseased, depraved and too damned typical of today's world. The MSM did more digging into Michael Jackson's drug habits than they did into Bush's obnoxious drug plan before it was passed. News nitwits care more about how Ryan was a dog to Farrah than they do about the former administration authorizing people to be tortured to death. It's fucking sick...and look who's adding to the illness -- Towleroad. *Sigh*

Posted by: Kyle Sullivan | Aug 3, 2009 12:52:08 PM

4. A friend of mine worked for Farrah. I totally believe the story about Ryan O'Neal. He's a creep.

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 3, 2009 1:37:54 PM

5. I am thankful for my Dad!

Posted by: Dhani Darko | Aug 3, 2009 5:25:04 PM

6. Thanks for the heads up. Now when my Vanity Fair arrives, I can immediately turn to the article on Farrah, rip out the shirtless picture of O'Neal, and burn it.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 3, 2009 7:31:50 PM

7. man ryan used to be so freaking hot....i remember how that chest of his looked in the movie What's Up Doc? with Barbara Streisend...he was one of my first crushes...and i was only 4 at the time!!! deep sighs...

Posted by: kevin | Aug 4, 2009 9:28:20 AM

8. Demerol first "hit" the medical community in the first half of the twentieth century. In 1930 the drug was first introduced as a way to stop muscle spasms but it was not long before doctors discovered the drug's ability to relieve pain. One of the reasons that doctors like the drug so much is that it acts quickly once it has been ingested and it can last for as long as four hours before a patient will need another dose. The initial onset of Demerol can provide a patient with a pleasant feeling "rush" and an increased level of activity.

Posted by: Demerol Addiction | May 25, 2011 1:05:22 AM