Details | Football (American) | Magazines | News | Sports | Tom Brady

Tom Brady Lends His 'Molten Stare' to Details

Brady

From Details September '09 cover story:

"Few would know [how tough modeling is] better than the Patriots star: he of the molten stare in the Stetson ads, he who flirted last year with becoming the new face and bulge of Calvin Klein's underwear ad campaign (but who eventually declined), he who can be seen hobnobbing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute Gala, that beehive of fashionistas, with Gisele on his arm. With his cleft-chinned, lantern-jawed, comic-book-hero face and dandyish flair for style, Brady is no stranger to the modeling life, to the tinsel of high fashion. Sure, Peyton Manning gets his picture snapped once in a while, but God forbid anyone ask him to flash his bedroom eyes. No, Tom Brady owns this particular overlap of football and fashion, of athletics and aesthetics (or co-owns it, anyway, with David Beckham). So we trust him. He knows."

More shots, AFTER THE JUMP...

Brady2

Brady1

Brady3

Brady4

Comments

1. Unless he has done something wonderful for the glbt community, I would prefer not to hear about him.

Posted by: ty | Aug 11, 2009 12:14:08 PM

2. Maybe I am mistaken, but didn't he campaign for McCain?

Posted by: rich | Aug 11, 2009 12:16:15 PM

3. He's an independent.

Posted by: jim | Aug 11, 2009 12:26:59 PM

4. Tom Brady is a MEEEEEE-CHIGAN man (and a fine one at that)! And he's the baby's daddy to 2 future Michiagn QBs.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Aug 11, 2009 12:37:09 PM

5. He's a republican and he's a tool.

Posted by: KFLO | Aug 11, 2009 12:38:42 PM

6. I'm used to viewing headshots for actors...and sorry to say, there is no life behind the eyes in these photos....love the cleft chin, but he looks very mannequin-ish in these photos.

Posted by: Windy | Aug 11, 2009 12:52:36 PM

7. sometimes you just have to set the politics aside....

this is one of those times....

Posted by: Davey | Aug 11, 2009 1:01:50 PM

8. I have to agree with Windy, there's not much going on behind those eyes. Boring. And where was this shot, the Ace Hotel?

Posted by: LumoxBos | Aug 11, 2009 1:12:48 PM

9. he has a handsome face. but i'm not getting the sex appeal vibe from him.

Posted by: David in Houston | Aug 11, 2009 1:14:40 PM

10. Ih I had represented him back in my model agent days, I'm sure I would have heard constantly, "he's only got one look."

What is the obsession with straight White guys day after day? And while it's cool to be of whatever political affiliation you want, why not at least find straight white guys who support us? Are there no straight guys of color to post about?

Of course I love the blog, but, even a loyal reader can get a little frustrated.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Aug 11, 2009 1:15:30 PM

11. W*H*O**C*A*R*E*S.

Posted by: ED2 | Aug 11, 2009 1:15:59 PM

12. Tom Brady on how he plays with Matt Cassell:

“Matt and I fight like teenage girls,” said Tom Brady, speaking of backup QB Matt Cassel. “We are always slapping each other around and wrestling and slap boxing and [messing] around with each other in the weight room. And so I decided to take that to the next level. And we were messing around in the quarterback room one day and he walked in with a milkshake, and I kind of put my foot by the door, and I kicked the door and the milkshake splashed up and went all over him. So he sat down, and I was laughing. So I said give me the towel, because I wanted to clean up the wall. So I threw the towel at his face, and it had shake all over it. He had a little shake in his mouth and he spit it all over me.”

Posted by: Jeff NYC | Aug 11, 2009 1:28:02 PM

13. Tom was also featured in some interesting photo ads for Smart Water this past spring.

Posted by: Abbie | Aug 11, 2009 1:34:28 PM

14. He's cute, yes. Molten stare? No. He looks constipated.

Posted by: Nathan | Aug 11, 2009 1:34:41 PM

15. You guys are getting him mixed up with Brady Quinn, who campaigned for McCain. And kind of sucks as a QB.

Tom Brady was a guest at one of Bush's State of the Union addresses a couple weeks after the Patriots won one of their Superbowls a few years ago, but that's it as far as political appearances go.

I agree with someone else here, he's a handsome guy, but he doesn't really do anything for me.

Posted by: another matt | Aug 11, 2009 1:53:46 PM

16. You queens are such bitches. He is hot and talented and smart and sexy! Give it a rest. Cunts!

Posted by: Dave | Aug 11, 2009 2:27:16 PM

17. I see him and think, rock head.
    I don't mean that as a compliment.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Aug 11, 2009 3:16:07 PM

18. meanwhile, Details needs to go thru a font-change... looks like a derivative from the same camp as Men's Health and DNA. In these dinosaur days of magazines they really need to notch it up abit visually to compensate for the vacuous content.

Posted by: NSFW | Aug 11, 2009 3:35:50 PM

19. Meh. Looks like he's gonna have dementia at age 79 anyway.

Posted by: Tom A | Aug 11, 2009 4:03:50 PM

20. Don't care if he's a rock head (which he probably is), or if he went to one state of the union address with a Republican years and years ago (kind of meaningless). He's pretty to look at and uber talented. What else matters?

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 11, 2009 5:08:54 PM

21. Derek Washington : Let's not forget that this is no more than Andy Towle's personal blog. Towleroad isn't put out by some greater gay entity. Although he tries to cover a lot of news stories important to gay interests overall, he makes choices to his own taste. I don't want to read about Lady Gaga or see his one-sided reporting on those he personally hates, etc., but he has every right to do so.

Posted by: JT | Aug 11, 2009 5:55:21 PM

22. Tom Brady photo shoots are always such bores. When do we get to see him with his shirt off?

Posted by: Jordan | Aug 11, 2009 6:13:58 PM

23. i can see why people think he's handsome but just doesnt do it for me, Ill take the hot Serb tennis player a few posts down :)

Posted by: The Astrolabe | Aug 11, 2009 7:06:25 PM

24. I know this a total gay cliche,(ever hot guy is gay) but my gaydar was going off long before I knew who this was pictured. Total bottom, too.

Posted by: richard s | Aug 11, 2009 7:39:01 PM

25. and Plueeeze bitches, if he was your next door neighbor neighbor you would think of little else except the quickest route to the disrobing of said neighbor.

Posted by: richard s | Aug 11, 2009 7:47:36 PM