Gay Marriage | Kathy Griffin | Larry King | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kathy Griffin: 'I Am Against Heterosexual Marriage Being Legal'

Kgriffin

Kathy Griffin appeared on Larry King Live last night. Griffin talked about gay marriage, her participation in the NoH8 campaign, joked about straight marriage, and explained to Larry why the gays love her:

"You know, the gays and I, we work harder than the next guy. We have that in common."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Full appearance, in three segments:

Comments

1. Fuck her...Srsly.

She was nowhere to be found in the weeks leading up to Election Day. All of a sudden she's an advocate?

I find her babble insulting.

Posted by: billy | Sep 13, 2009 12:38:14 AM

2. Just like Madonna....where was she during Prop 8? I will never purchase any albums from her EVER again

Posted by: Jake | Sep 13, 2009 2:14:34 AM

3. Actually, Jake I'm fairly sure she did advocate against proposition 8. She was also pretty active in the days before the last election particularly she was critical of John McCain and Palin.

Posted by: Sam | Sep 13, 2009 2:41:21 AM

4. Oh shut up, you tired, ignorant queens. While enormous stars like Madonna and Ellen and Oprah sat on their hands, Kathy (despite having FAR less star power) personally brought HOMELESS GAY YOUTHS to parades and spoke out against Prop 8 at rallies. Photos and videos from these events even appeared on this site. She is, and always will be, one of our strongest allies. Even to bitter gays who are too lazy to check up on these facts themselves.

Posted by: Billy | Sep 13, 2009 3:09:36 AM

5. I've seen Kathy Griffin at No On 8 rallies in West Hollywood. So all you tired queens who are bitching about her lack of involvement should shut the fuck up.

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 13, 2009 3:39:28 AM

6. I live in Denmark, and even I remember seeing her during the No On Prop 8 campaigns! And she always includes her stand (No pun intended) in her stand-ups. How can anyone following her just a lil, be in total oblivion about this?

Posted by: TheNiebur | Sep 13, 2009 6:28:00 AM

7. I agree that we have to work harder to prove ourselves. I work two jobs (70- 80 hrs per week), volunteer at a hospital, and attend college. Many of us feel that we must work harder to disprove the republican rhetoric.

Posted by: Keith | Sep 13, 2009 8:07:00 AM

8. kathy griffin is one of the largest "friends of dorothy" around. she has been, and will continue to be, a huge supporter of gay causes. and now that she agrees with me that hetero marriage ought to be stopped, i love her even more! ; ) thank you Ms Griffin! i'm going to go put on my Tshirt from your Foxwood's gig right now!

Posted by: casey | Sep 13, 2009 10:19:13 AM

9. @ Jake

Where do you buy 'albums' these days, anyway?

Posted by: Kelehe | Sep 13, 2009 10:27:30 AM

10. Wow...hard to believe the negative comments about Kathy G. What makes someone so bitter towards someone who obviously supports us, I will never understand. You J A's need to look in the mirror and work on that attitude because NOBODY will ever want to be around your angry asses!

Posted by: phillip | Sep 13, 2009 10:51:19 AM

11. omg larry king is an idiot. he said "sexual preference"

Posted by: Brian woodson | Sep 13, 2009 11:17:58 AM

12. Kathy Griffin understands more about gay politics than a great many gay people. Especially "Billy " and "Jake." Go back to sucking Grover Norquist's cock, boys.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 13, 2009 11:29:59 AM

13. Thanks, David. The entire notion of Grover Norquist's cock has ruined what started as a promising Sunday.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 13, 2009 12:08:19 PM

14. Kathy Griffin did nothing to defeat Prop 8 before Election Day except appear in a silly video montage.

All of her appearances at rallies with her camera crews and homeless gay youths were after the proposition had passed.

Because some dumb bitch runs around yelling "where are my gays?" all of you assholes think she's a valuable friend.

David Ehrenstein says that Kathy Griffin "understands more about gay politics than many gay people." Please David, enlighten us. What the fuck are you talking about?

Posted by: billy | Sep 13, 2009 12:13:46 PM

15. Count me in with the crowd who cannot understand where the heck Billy and Jake are coming from. Really? Kathy wasn't around leading up to the election? Towleroad featured several articles about her speaking at anti-Prop 8 rallies!

Posted by: Philip Wester | Sep 13, 2009 12:27:27 PM

16. "Bitter -- Table for Two!"

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 13, 2009 3:58:43 PM

17. brian woodson, i agree with you. is our sexuality a preference or an orientation? people seem to be thrwoing around "lifgestyle" a lot these days as well. wtf is with that? people are just so ignorant.

Posted by: william | Sep 13, 2009 5:05:20 PM

18. jesus, I guess because she didn't take an assault rifle into Sacramento she's not fierce enough of an advocate. She's fine by me, especially compared to some of the actually GLBT people in entertainment that do jack shit for the cause. Plus I think she reps it well for the Irish-americans =]

Posted by: Matt | Sep 13, 2009 5:10:43 PM

19. Even if she didn't speak out before the vote, do you really think that she should be hated by starting now? I mean, give me a break. Sometimes it takes people getting outraged before they start speaking up, which is not even the case with Kathy. How about we be thankful for those that support us and not be so damn dramatic over idiocy.

Posted by: Matthew | Sep 13, 2009 6:01:07 PM

20. Kathy Griffin speaks out against Prop 8 BEFORE the November 4, 2008 election:

Posted by: RJ | Sep 13, 2009 7:16:55 PM

21. Completely bizarre to see criticism of Kathy Griffin's commitment to equality. I wonder if those comments are actually fake.

Posted by: Joe O. | Sep 13, 2009 11:03:35 PM

22. "Bitter, table for one..." c'mon, ya'll, get off the cross I need the wood... why are you vilifying someone who's been as pro-gay as Kathy Griffin? I find her standup hilarious, I think she is spot-on in her commentary about gay culture and gay life and I think going from D-List to (almost) A-List is amazing. Why are you hating on her?

Posted by: Troy M | Sep 13, 2009 11:53:42 PM

23. She's a great friend to our community. At first I didn't understand such hostile comments, but considering it's here, I totally get it. Bitter bitches rule this site.

BTW, her book is hilarious.

Posted by: Brad | Sep 14, 2009 12:38:33 AM

24. What the fuck are you faggots talking about? I was personally AT two No on 8 events BEFORE the election that Kathy spoke at.

I don't care if you don't like her, big fucking deal. But don't lie to try and make your point.

Posted by: Scott | Sep 14, 2009 4:02:36 PM

25. shes not serious about being again heterosexual marriage right :S:S?

Posted by: JAMIE | Oct 17, 2009 11:21:00 AM