Adam Lambert | American Idol | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adam Lambert and Drake LaBry Swap Spit

Lambert_drake

Contrary to the picture some are trying to paint, Adam Lambert and boyfriend Drake LaBry demonstrate they are going strong for the paparazzi in the parking lot of a 7-11.

The video for Lambert's track "Time for Miracles", written for the apocalypse movie 2012, will debut before the Michael Jackson film This Is It, MTV reports:

"Fans should expect a doomsday element to the clip as well. 'There were a ton of extras on the set. What they were doing is they were staging scenes reminiscent of what happens in '2012,'' Lambert said. Specifically, the 'American Idol' rocker pointed to one sequence in the video where he sings calmly while chaos surrounds him. 'I'm just walking through looking straight at the camera singing the song, and there's a riot going on around me — people being tossed in front of me, looting, you know, people being arrested,' Lambert described. 'That was pretty wild, to try to stay focused on the song while that was happening. But we had fun. It was a good day.' Recording the song was perhaps more of a challenge. Lambert explained that working with producer Rob Cavallo on the power ballad was fairly intense. '[He] pushed me to the limit,' Lambert said. 'I sang for my life.'"

Listen to a short clip of "Time for Miracles" which debuted earlier this week, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Having an openly gay teen idol is brilliant. Go Adam! And the kind of trashy Aerosmith-in-the-90's power ballad that this soundtrack song is, is also brilliant -- but only if sung brilliantly, at DIVA level 10, which Adam does. As for Steven Tyler, the old king is dead. Adam Lambert is the new king! Long live the king!

Posted by: Strepsi | Oct 14, 2009 2:42:40 PM

2. Sorry Streps-

This doesn't cut it, He's got a great, powerful voice, but this doesn't make me wanna spend the money on it.

Posted by: jtramon | Oct 14, 2009 2:58:46 PM

3. I know I risk the wrath of Glambert nation by saying this, but that 2012 song is fucking awful. It's like a bad Aerosmith knock-off with treacly lyrics by Diane Warren.

So much for the edgy, pansexual Adam Lambert we fell in love with on American Idol. I guess Clive Davis sucked out his soul too.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 14, 2009 3:03:33 PM

4. Love that Adam is out and proud and he is very talented. But, why is your first or one of your first songs out of the gate on yet another disaster movie soundtrack. Armageddon anyone?? That is just cheesy, what were they thinking??

I sure HOPE this garbage doesn't make it on his album.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Oct 14, 2009 3:15:47 PM

5. Fuck you and your negativity! He got the chance to sing a song for a HUGE movie that will open all around the world at the same date. It WILL NOT be on his album, his real single comes out soon- maybe next week, he told Ryan Seacrest on radio yesterday that it would be more "glammy" and "glittery", jesus u guys are so fast on judging!!

And I freaking love the song, from what little we heard anyway, he sounds amazing!

Posted by: Amanda | Oct 14, 2009 3:26:43 PM

6. Brian- not on the album, no worries. Touching story behind the song, really. Written by QOTSA's guitarist and his girlfriend and bandmate who was stricken with incurable cancer. She passed away last year. I thought it was cheesy, too, until I heard that story.

Adam will perform his own music on the AMAs. People will forget this song soon.

Posted by: Chris | Oct 14, 2009 3:31:23 PM

7. I love the song and that he kissed his boyfriend in public. *claps* Unfortunately, too many gay men are jeaulous of other gay men who are successful or beautiful for whatever reason (I have no idea why). You can bet if a heterosexual male sang this exact song and said he liked his gay fans every gay person on this website would be falling over themselves to praise him. But we are writing about a gay man so the standards are always pushed out of reach.

Posted by: Bill | Oct 14, 2009 4:47:24 PM

8. Bill, your retardedness never ceases to amaze me. If Brad Pitt sang this song while simultaneously butt-fucking David Beckham, it would still be completely awful.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 14, 2009 4:55:11 PM

9. Wrong Bill, if a heterosexual person sang this song we'd call like it was too.

Like I said: I am a fan of Adam's; I rooted and VOTED for him on AI. I also think he's a positive role model as he is out and proud and doing his thing in the mainstream.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Oct 14, 2009 4:59:19 PM

10. Brian May raving about this song, and he has at least heard the whole thing, is good enough for me. I like what I've heard so far except for the crescendo of music coming on a little too strong. I'd rather be hearing Adam's voice.

Posted by: Cacatua | Oct 14, 2009 5:21:31 PM

11. Nah. The song is crap. It's not epic and it doesn't at all fit the doom scenario. They should really have used something to this effect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEPxYFYD4o

Posted by: Doof | Oct 14, 2009 5:46:35 PM

12. Yawn

Posted by: Lars | Oct 14, 2009 7:28:36 PM

13. Love Adam!!!

Posted by: javo | Oct 14, 2009 7:40:39 PM

14. Brad Pitt butt fucking David Beckham? Well girls, we all know what La Crispy thinks about while knocking one off.

Don't get mad Crisp. You know I love ya more than my lugage.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Oct 14, 2009 7:54:15 PM

15. good for him

too bad his music sucks goats nuts

there's a helluva a lot of better gay musicians out there, but they don't have pseudo-glam outfits & bad hair, so we never hear about em

i think it's great he's out, being true to himself & living his life openly in the public eye, but crappy music is crappy music - period.

* waiting in vain for Jónsi Birgisson posts *

sigh

Posted by: steve | Oct 14, 2009 8:13:17 PM

16. @steve

Who are you to decide what is crap music????
    You are not the authority in the music world.

Posted by: Gene | Oct 14, 2009 8:59:28 PM

17. This power ballad is just like any other power ballad: shit sandwich. But who cares? The real Adam Lambert will come out later in a major way.

On another note -- and I know I'll get a lot of flack for this -- but I'd like to see Adam lose some weight. Just a little. Because then he could totally push the glam-rock thing to the max. But to do glam-rock, you can't be "heavy".

Posted by: Yogchick | Oct 14, 2009 9:02:58 PM

18. Why does a mention of Adam on this site bring out the bitchy queens? He sounds amazing. Every person who has worked with him has had nothing but the highest praise for his vocal performances. And to those of you trash-talking his body: karma is a bitch. Be prepared to come back as fat, wart-covered dwarfs.

Posted by: Andy | Oct 14, 2009 9:29:22 PM

19. @ gene

of course i'm no authority

but at least the original glam rock movement had some creativity & musical chops that extended far beyond "the look"

to me, this is just generic radio pop with a different outfit - under the surface there is nothing new

i'd like to see this guy in a cage match with the ghost of Marc Bolan

anyway, if you think this is great music, then it's great music

power to ya

Posted by: steve | Oct 14, 2009 9:30:02 PM

20. a gay man will sing about the end of the world??..man the extremists are going to have a field day over this one.....

Posted by: alan brickman | Oct 14, 2009 11:35:36 PM

21. lady gaga = adam lambert = I (just think they're both) CONS

Posted by: miaedu | Oct 15, 2009 12:33:51 AM

22. Adam was asked by movie producers to sing the theme song - should he have turned down the opportunity? And he isn't going to be a mainstream pop star by releasing none-mainstream music that only appeals to niche market.

Posted by: Gene | Oct 15, 2009 12:36:12 AM

23. FUNNY THAT CRISPY IS ALL OVER THE BLOGOSPHERE SPREADING HATE TOWARDS ADAM AND HIS FANS.

YOU ARE A POOFY, LOL

Posted by: CRISPOOPH LOL | Oct 15, 2009 4:22:43 AM

24. No shade I wish him well in his career but those two are two dykes one with a Gucci purse and the other with s Vuitton purse and they bumping along the way!

GO GURLS!

Posted by: Mr Chris | Oct 15, 2009 7:04:43 AM

25. I love the song (not saying its the best in the whole wide world ever written or recorded)and I love Adam's singing of it. I will be there to hear it at the movie debut and also the Michael Jackson Doc., featuring Adam's 2012 movie video trailer. I just love Adam - move over Drake! I'm next!

Posted by: RoRo | Oct 15, 2009 8:29:38 AM