Ewan McGregor | Film | Jim Carrey | Kiss | News

BigGayDeal.com

Ewan McGregor: I 'Quite Like' French Kissing Jim Carrey

Ewan

Ewan McGregor was spotted greeting a man with a kiss yesterday in New York. A friendly kiss.

However, he's not opposed to the more intimate kind. The L.A. Times recently asked McGregor if he thinks America is ready for his prison romance film I Love You Phillip Morris.

Said McGregor: "It seemed to go down very well there at Sundance. It's a love story, an escape movie and a comedy, all about this man who goes to incredible lengths to be with the man he loves. I like it because it's a gay film, which is to say it's a film about two men in love, and I think that's an important element of it. But it's not a film about them being gay. They just happen to be gay. I also got to French kiss Jim Carrey a lot, and I quite like that too."

That film is due out in February.

Comments

1. Finally an actor who is confident enough not to have to say that the kiss was the most painful experience of his life. What's the big deal? They are acting, right.

Posted by: Rafael | Oct 22, 2009 11:19:10 AM

2. Ewan McGregor is the coolest. He's always been affectionate with men and women and unabashed about how he's perceived. As far as I know, he's straight, and I do believe that. I remember seeing photos of Ewan at a "Star Wars" premiere giving Hayden Christensen a quick kiss - and it was Hayden who looked uncomfortable with the intimacy.

Posted by: Donovan | Oct 22, 2009 11:43:31 AM

3. please tell Ewan if he ever needs to brush up on his gay kissing technique, i'm here!

Posted by: casey | Oct 22, 2009 11:44:07 AM

4. Oh, Ewan, don't tease us!

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 22, 2009 12:08:28 PM

5. If you ever have the chance to watch his travel series ("Long Way Round" and/or "Long Way Down" where Ewan does a long motorcycle trip over hazardous terrain) you will find that he is one of the most genuinely sweet guys you would ever want to meet. He kisses men and says "I love you" all the time in a very unselfconscious way. Seems to be a truly nice person.

Posted by: princely54 | Oct 22, 2009 12:22:47 PM

6. gotta love them unfettered str8 men. he is so sexy.

Posted by: nic | Oct 22, 2009 12:42:27 PM

7. He's probably alone in liking French kissing Jim Carrey.

Posted by: anon | Oct 22, 2009 12:51:30 PM

8. TWO WORDS----VELVET GOLDMINE

Posted by: MCnNYC | Oct 22, 2009 2:55:55 PM

9. I love Ewan so much.

I think my dream man would be his character in Moulin Rouge singing "Your Song" to me. I cry every single time.

Posted by: Alex | Oct 22, 2009 4:03:53 PM

10. Yep, Ewan is very straight and very secure in is sexuality. But if you really want to see him get it on with a guy, you should check out The Pillow Book. He goes further than just French kissing a guy there and afterwards said that his co-star Yoshi Oida was one of the best kissers he'd ever performed with. He's a great guy.

Posted by: Dazzer | Oct 22, 2009 4:04:02 PM

11. Ewan has been, is, and always will be my personal dreamboat.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Oct 22, 2009 6:10:15 PM

12. Oh, yes, Jerome in Pillow Book is definitely one of my dream guys, but that film is so full of cock that I have difficulty avoiding distraction so that I can make such decisions.

Posted by: Jerry | Oct 22, 2009 9:08:38 PM

13. I love that Ewan doesnt give a shit. He's happy if those he loves are happy. One of Scotlands finest exports!

Posted by: British | Oct 23, 2009 12:47:37 PM