Adam Lambert | Art and Design | Music | News

First Look: Adam Lambert's Album Cover 'For Your Entertainment'

Adamlambertforyourentertain

Not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. Have to say I love the unexpected.

First thoughts: androgynous, Photoshop, P!nk, Nagel, retro, and something with a real concept, unlike, say, this cover. And confidently, unabashedly gay.

And not much is left of this on-set shot. Announces Lambert on Twitter: "Glam is back!"

Comments

1. LOL

Posted by: Xtabentun | Oct 27, 2009 6:25:44 PM

2. Oh.My.God. WTF? It's like a 1980's Tiffany mall poster was impregnated with Ziggy Stardust's love seed, and propegated. I'm conflicted.

Posted by: Jon B | Oct 27, 2009 6:28:28 PM

3. Looks like a drag queen got Glamour Shots...

Posted by: Trey | Oct 27, 2009 6:36:33 PM

4. It's VERY "Flashdance" meets "Blade Runner!"

Posted by: Wayne | Oct 27, 2009 6:37:18 PM

5. Love it. It's so totally from space, and so over the top fag-tastic, that parents will be totally freaking out that their kids want it!

WHICH IS THE POINT OF POP AND ROCK.

Love it. yeah, ANDY, he does look exactly like P!nk. Which is hot)

Posted by: Strepsi | Oct 27, 2009 6:37:34 PM

6. Trapper Keeper chic.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 27, 2009 6:43:06 PM

7. He looks like Kelly Osbourne. Decent photo, HORRIBLE text.

Posted by: Jon | Oct 27, 2009 6:45:24 PM

8. This is gong to be one heck of an album, isn't it... I'm a little scared!

Posted by: Cameron Johnson | Oct 27, 2009 6:45:41 PM

9. I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS!!!!!! I cant believe his label let this happen though its soooooo gay!!!! YEY GLAMBERT

Posted by: sean | Oct 27, 2009 6:48:53 PM

10. He certainly doesn't disappoint. This is worst than my wildest dream.

Bet the music is a perfect match.

Posted by: miaedu | Oct 27, 2009 6:52:27 PM

11. oh god no.

Posted by: Alex | Oct 27, 2009 6:53:03 PM

12. I love it! I just wonder what his heterosexual fans will think.

Posted by: Bill | Oct 27, 2009 6:55:01 PM

13. Wow, completely out of left field. I just don't know..what to say. That's extremely bold and confident of him to be a mainstream American Idol born artist and come out with this for his debut album cover. That's called BALLS. I respect him for that even though i may not care much for his fashion sense. I look forward to hearing what's in the album.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Oct 27, 2009 6:59:16 PM

14. He looks like a teenage white girl!

Let's see if the straight women are still clamoring for him once they see this pic.

Posted by: Anthony in Nashville | Oct 27, 2009 6:59:45 PM

15. It looks like he made this himself with stock fonts and a bit of magical basic photoshop. WTF? Did they fire his design team or run out of money? I know the 80s are back but this is silly.

Posted by: david | Oct 27, 2009 7:03:52 PM

16. SNL Church Lady voice: Now isn't THAT special?!

And yes, I think I love this cover. Speaking of which, Balloon Boy's father rocks the same haircut.

Posted by: Drew | Oct 27, 2009 7:05:23 PM

17. dayum! did molly ringwald and divine have an 80's love child?

Posted by: jonny | Oct 27, 2009 7:08:41 PM

18. It shouldn't be called "For your entertainment". "For my self-indulgence" fits better.

Posted by: redgalaxoid | Oct 27, 2009 7:09:17 PM

19. Balls? The only balls in that photo have been firmly duct-taped to his taint.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 27, 2009 7:09:46 PM

20. Love it. It's so totally from space, and so over the top fag-tastic, that parents will be totally freaking out that their kids want it!

WHICH IS THE POINT OF POP AND ROCK.

Love it. yeah, ANDY, he does look exactly like P!nk. Which is hot)
    @ Strepsi, you sooo nailed it.

In theory, Boy George and Culture Club shouldn't have had worldwide appeal but sold millions to ALL kinds of people.

And @ Crispy, he's got bigger balls than you will ever have, he doesn't lurk and judge in the comments section, he's putting himself out and proud in front of millions of people and maybe opening some minds in the process...and look FAGULOUS doing it!

Posted by: RONTEX | Oct 27, 2009 7:22:14 PM

21. Totally androgynous but wow, what a beauty!!

Posted by: javo | Oct 27, 2009 7:31:31 PM

22. more like what @ssmtwtf said:

"Ohmegaw, yewguyz! Lisa Frank and Patrick Nagel's love child just released an album! #gagmewithlikeglitterandlazers"

Posted by: this guy | Oct 27, 2009 7:31:57 PM

23. I'm surprised that the recording company would take such a huge risk on the album cover - this being his debut album and all..
    It's totally unexpected and really right-in-your-face gay (nothing wrong wih that but being in the music industry, might not be the best choice)
    I think the hardcore fans will love this to death but a lot might be turned off by it as well (a little narcissistic maybe)
    Like many have said, I think it's kinda outdated in a sense that it really looks like an album from the 80s - with the font and color choices and also I think it would be better if his expression is much angrier, fiercer instead of the soft, come withering look. Just saying...

Posted by: gayalltheway | Oct 27, 2009 7:34:56 PM

24. I do love that everything gay needs to be over the top gay and "fagtastic". Since every gay person in the world wears make up.

Adam looks like a nice guy, but this cover looks unprofessional and dated.

Posted by: Justice Wainwright | Oct 27, 2009 7:35:42 PM

25. "...and something with a real concept, unlike, say, this cover."

ah... don't slam kris. he's a sweet guy that's had adam's back from day one. we should all be so lucky to have straight guys that supportive.

Posted by: David in Houston | Oct 27, 2009 7:38:13 PM