Ed Westwick | Gossip Girl | Kiss | News | Playing Gay

Gossip Girl's Chuck Bass Has His Gay Kiss

Gg1

Gossip Girl played its gay Chuck Bass kiss well last night.

Says the womanizing Bass (who apparently plays men as equally when it comes to being a cocktease): "Do you really think I've never kissed a guy before?"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Gg2

Comments

1. Andy, why promote this? Aren't we above the whole "gay for shock and ratings"?

Posted by: Mike | Oct 20, 2009 7:45:05 AM

2. Oh Mike, go fly a kite.

Posted by: topher | Oct 20, 2009 7:57:11 AM

3. wow, i dont watch the show but i was looking forward to this scene. But this guy is such a bad actor, it wasnt even hot. He looks like he's smelling dog shit! Is that how he acts all the time?

Posted by: dizzy spins | Oct 20, 2009 8:12:47 AM

4. The kiss was slightly lame - not much more than a lip-brush, but the follow up line about kissing other guys was GENIUS! The way he said it was perfect.

Posted by: MT3gkxhs | Oct 20, 2009 8:16:48 AM

5. @Dizzy: Yes, this is a perfect example of his acting and of how bad the show is.

Posted by: David | Oct 20, 2009 8:18:15 AM

6. I thought it was funny! Would've liked a longer kiss, but that fit the scene and the last line was clever.

Posted by: sparks | Oct 20, 2009 8:34:51 AM

7. ...ick....yuck....gross

Posted by: Chris | Oct 20, 2009 8:36:52 AM

8. You know, I'd considered starting to watch this show. But after seeing the acting that guy did, there is no WAY I would watch it regularly.

Posted by: Steve | Oct 20, 2009 8:39:33 AM

9. The kiss was horrible but the line was fantastic. Ed buddy - you need to work on your technique!

Posted by: MIke B | Oct 20, 2009 8:57:36 AM

10. This clip just proves to me that I haven't missed a thing by skipping this show.

Posted by: princely54 | Oct 20, 2009 9:30:22 AM

11. Oh please, lighten up, nighttime soap operas aren't about good acting.

And the fact that its a gay kiss isn't what's shocking. (We've already seen that on Gossip Girl with Twink Van Der Woodsen.) It's the fact that its CHUCK BASS doing the kissing.

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 20, 2009 10:02:55 AM

12. And afterwards Chuck says to Blair "That's not the first time I've kissed a guy."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 20, 2009 10:05:19 AM

13. While I'm sure this storyline was used mainly for shock and ratings, the character Chuck is in fact bisexual in the books. And ultimately ends up in a relationship with a man.

Posted by: Aaron | Oct 20, 2009 10:11:00 AM

14. *yawn*

zero chemistry and zero acting skills from the well known(?) mr. bass.

Posted by: David in Houston | Oct 20, 2009 11:10:54 AM

15. Did not know that Aaron. Too bad the show will probably never go that route.

Never watched it, this isn't making me run to watch it. I'm not offended, but not really finding the scene all that interesting, either...

Posted by: DR | Oct 20, 2009 11:13:41 AM

16. The acting is soooooo bad!!!!

Posted by: Sean | Oct 20, 2009 11:32:35 AM

17. You cant judge the quality of acting on this show just by watching that short clip of other clips badly edited together. It's out of context because Chuck was "pretending/acting" to be interested in that guy and Blair was "pretending" to be shocked because she was part of the game they were playing. So the whole point was for them to be acting/pretending badly in that scene.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Oct 20, 2009 12:10:08 PM

18. Uh Brian. You really don't have to watch much more of the show to catch that the 'acting' in the entirety of the show is poor. Using your analogy. It's as if these actors were pretending to act - oh wait, they are.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Oct 20, 2009 1:19:53 PM

19. I think actors are pretty

Posted by: Dhani Darko | Oct 20, 2009 2:55:57 PM

20. Gossip Girl is the best show on television, questionable acting skills and nails-on-a-chalkboard Rufus Humphrey aside. What I would like to know is what bar were they at when that pseudo-kiss happened? I would happily kiss Chuck or his friend there.

Posted by: Tim | Oct 20, 2009 4:16:37 PM

21. He's like 4 feet tall! Cute though.

Posted by: secretagentman | Oct 20, 2009 5:02:14 PM

22. Really good ! I have to watch the episode !

Posted by: citylove | Oct 20, 2009 9:24:57 PM

23. Tim: I understand this show is a guilty pleasure for many, but best on television? How do you figure?

Posted by: rrr | Oct 20, 2009 10:38:24 PM

24. Those Chuck Bass eyebrows are scarier than Faye Dunaway's in Chinatown.

Posted by: Mattelboy | Oct 21, 2009 12:55:40 AM

25. So can't believe no one has asked this yet. Who's the guy that kisses Chuck Bass?

Posted by: Henry | Oct 21, 2009 3:51:12 AM