Adam Lambert | Music | News

Listen: Adam Lambert's Debut Single 'For Your Entertainment'

Fye

Adma Lambert's new single "For your Entertainment" co-written with Claude Kelly and produced by Dr. Luke. Lambert calls it "dance music with a glam-rock shuffle beat in the style of T-Rex."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Poppy. Electronic. I like it, though I do think it's a bit overproduced considering the quality of his voice naturally. It would be nice if top 40 could include anything that wasn't produced to death. Either way, catchy song.

Posted by: Jon B | Oct 30, 2009 10:40:36 AM

2. Weird. It doesn't really sound like him. It's as if they've auto-tuned the AdamLambertness out of him. Maybe they've invented hetero-tune?

Posted by: Andrew W | Oct 30, 2009 10:44:01 AM

3. Freakin' Awesome and THAT pic should have been the cover...it's smokin" HOT

Posted by: RONTEX | Oct 30, 2009 10:51:24 AM

4. makes sense strategically, but hardly a classic. agree about overproduced. probably better live.

Posted by: Bobeau | Oct 30, 2009 10:52:03 AM

5. its ok, nothing special. better than the 2012 song though

Posted by: Wes | Oct 30, 2009 10:53:23 AM

6. Nice. Not quite what I was expecting, but I liked it. Although, I have to agree with you, Jon B, it was almost distracting with all that in the background. I think Adam is more powerful when it's a little more bare, with simple music to frame his voice. But it should do well on the charts, at least.

Posted by: Dareng | Oct 30, 2009 10:56:18 AM

7. Someone likes "Black & Gold" an awful lot.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 30, 2009 10:58:43 AM

8. Me likey! And good gaga, why is that pic not the album cover? (Oh, but it will be in my iTunes folder.)

Posted by: crispy | Oct 30, 2009 11:02:21 AM

9. Strategy? Sounds like a song that was turned down by Christina Aguilera, Pink and even Britney Spears when it was pitched to them. Not a PASS, or FAIL. Just more of the SAME.

Posted by: my2cents | Oct 30, 2009 11:05:02 AM

10. Sam Sparro helped with the album, so the Black & Gold comparision is obvious.

This is how pop music sounds today. He's not going to be doing some big belting rock song for his first single.

That 2012 song sucks, by the way.

Allison Iraheta's song is still better than either Kris or Adam's singles.

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 30, 2009 11:06:31 AM

11. Its alright, don't exactly love it but its a huge step up from "Time for Miracles".

Posted by: Andy | Oct 30, 2009 11:13:29 AM

12. Sounds like George Michael to me...and that's okay by me.

Posted by: Sam | Oct 30, 2009 11:16:52 AM

13. if someone told me this was Micheal Jackson's latest song, i would believe them.

Posted by: johnosahon | Oct 30, 2009 11:31:21 AM

14. Uhm, no. I really prefer the glam rock Adam, not this overproduced pop... stuff. I'm sure it'll fly up the charts when the album drops (it's only at #50 right now), but if this is indicative of the whole thing, I'm not buying it.

Posted by: DR | Oct 30, 2009 11:35:34 AM

15. We get it - you like nail polish. Big deal.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 30, 2009 11:36:08 AM

16. in the style of T Rex? :/

*biting tongue till it bleeds*

Posted by: steve | Oct 30, 2009 11:42:28 AM

17. Meh. It;s ok. But if you want great over-produced pop, check out "3" by Ms. Federline.

Posted by: Tom A | Oct 30, 2009 11:43:04 AM

18. This should not be indicative of the whole album. He said there would be something for everyone on the album. I think it's catchy and should do well. Can't wait to hear some songs that truly show his powerful vocals. This pic is hot!

Posted by: javo | Oct 30, 2009 11:50:34 AM

19. Awesome!!!!

Posted by: Bill | Oct 30, 2009 11:57:24 AM

20. They shouldn't have auto-tuned his voice. It sounds terrible. Why would they want him to sound like every other artist?

Posted by: David in Houston | Oct 30, 2009 12:04:43 PM

21. Tripe

Posted by: taodon | Oct 30, 2009 12:10:12 PM

22. This is a Britney Spears song, plain and simple. It's fine. As many others have said, his voice sounds like it could have come from HAL the computer.

Posted by: Morgan | Oct 30, 2009 12:15:27 PM

23. btw Alison Goldfrapp got the whole electro shuffle beat via T Rex's "Ride a White Swan" thing hammered down fabulously 4 years ago with her "Ooh La La" single WITHOUT sounding like generic pop

just sayin

*bites tongue again*

Posted by: steve | Oct 30, 2009 12:37:50 PM

24. Shame. Kid's got a good voice - nice if we could hear it.

Posted by: Paul | Oct 30, 2009 12:41:07 PM

25. I agree with the Britney Spears assertion -- if Britney was doing a sort of James Bond movie theme song. Its perfectly slick and deeply Britney. I don't mean that as an insult -- just an observation.

Posted by: Pee Town | Oct 30, 2009 1:10:03 PM