Film | John Travolta | News | Tom Cruise

BigGayDeal.com

Cruise and Travolta to Remake Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

Two movie star Scientologists may soon team up for a remake of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Travolta would play Butch:

Butch "A source tells The Daily Mirror: 'Butch and Sundance is a labor of love for Tom. He was eight years old when he saw the original and it made an impression that has stayed with him all his life. He can’t wait to get to work.' Tom hopes to revive the role of Sundance–played by Robert Redford in the original film–while 55-year-old John is expected to play Cassidy. The 46-year-old star even got the blessing of Paul Newman – who originally played the role of Cassidy in the film about a pair of lovable bank robbers–before he died of lung cancer last September, tattles tell the tab.' It has been a pet project of his that has been on the back-burner for years. But now he’s ready to go, and will most likely happily eschew the enormous salary that he normally commands.'"

Comments

1. Egads! That photo made me throw up a little. Please, no more tired remakes, especially with the like of these two!

Posted by: RICH | Nov 11, 2009 10:50:31 AM

2. Please god, say it isn't so. Don't let those two idiots destroy Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid!!!

What does Redford have to say about it?

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Nov 11, 2009 10:50:55 AM

3. ...oh, puhleeze. Travolta can't act his way out of a bag...and Cruise is hardly lovable (you'd have to have real emotions to be lovable).

Posted by: woodroad34 | Nov 11, 2009 10:58:29 AM

4. "Travolta would play Butch"... that made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Posted by: Greg | Nov 11, 2009 10:59:59 AM

5. There are just...too...many...jokes. Must...refrain...

Posted by: Midlands | Nov 11, 2009 11:02:30 AM

6. Oh the Irony of it all!!! Two actors who have battled certain rumors for years playing a "buddy" film about two characters who could themselves have been suspected of similar "rumors"... too delicious. And I still wouldn't support them with my money.

Posted by: Reggie | Nov 11, 2009 11:02:36 AM

7. I just threw up in my mouth a little and by "in my mouth" and "a little" I mean, I need to go home and change my clothes and buy a new computer. This is awful. I'm going to give up my athiest ways, join hands with the Phelps' and pray for Christ to come back before this film gets even the slightest inch off the ground. In fact, I'm pretty sure a Tom and John remake of BC&tSK is one of the signs of the "end-times."

Posted by: Vitamin Korg | Nov 11, 2009 11:03:11 AM

8. Ew, that photo. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 11, 2009 11:11:06 AM

9. This is the pairing from hell and sounds like the remake from hell, too. I've always loved BC&TSK and have always thought it was perfect. I feared a remake would come along someday but with these two? Oh dear God, my heart. I can't stand it!

L

Posted by: Leslie | Nov 11, 2009 11:13:02 AM

10. No. Just no.

Posted by: DeeVee | Nov 11, 2009 11:26:07 AM

11. "Butch" Cassidy (the quotation marks are needed!) and the Nelly Kid, mayhap?

Posted by: Nathanial | Nov 11, 2009 11:30:07 AM

12. wasn't there already a gay cowboy movie?

Posted by: Gregsy | Nov 11, 2009 11:31:51 AM

13. Instant flop. I suspect it will never happen.

Posted by: steve | Nov 11, 2009 11:31:59 AM

14. Oh no.

Redford was just plain perfect. Cruise is just plain awful.

Newman was so handsome and authentic. Travolta is fat, and he's all toupee and other incarnations of fakery.

Gross.

Posted by: emarell | Nov 11, 2009 11:33:17 AM

15. Those two are better suited for a remake of "Dumb and Dumber" called "Gay and Gayer".

Posted by: ggreen | Nov 11, 2009 11:54:47 AM

16. Do these Body Thetans make me look like a HUGE DELUSIONAL FAGGOT???

Posted by: Mark | Nov 11, 2009 12:09:21 PM

17. I'm so sick of these motherfuckin' remakes from this motherfuckin' industry. I'm even against remakes of bad movies.

Posted by: Attmay | Nov 11, 2009 12:36:23 PM

18. I have a bad feeling about this.

Posted by: SGB | Nov 11, 2009 12:40:38 PM

19. Bitch Cassidy and the Prancing Kid.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 11, 2009 12:58:02 PM

20. 46 year old Tom Cruise playing the Sundance Kid is analogous to "gentlemen of a certain age" having Manhunt profiles with names like "AbercrombieBoi".

Posted by: The Milkman | Nov 11, 2009 1:04:20 PM

21. Here is some detail --- Tom Cruise during his mid-80's success would fly into Boston and pick up guys at the Thursday gay night call Campus in Cambridge. He like the preppy MIT and Harvard guys --- and he assume those corporate climbers back in the day would be quite about his hookups.

Talked to more than one person he met there.

This one is pure bisexual at least.
    Travolta we know slept his way into Hollywood with men.

Posted by: RJP3 | Nov 11, 2009 1:11:59 PM

22. I guess it's too soon for these two to remake Brokeback, so they went for the next best thing.

Posted by: ALSNYC | Nov 11, 2009 1:19:00 PM

23. Gross.

Posted by: paul | Nov 11, 2009 1:20:42 PM

24. faux slapping each other, "You play butch." "No, YOU play butch." "No, YOU play butch." " No, YOU play butch..." collapsing into each other's scientological arms, "Oh, we'll rollover a lot and both play butch."

Posted by: casey | Nov 11, 2009 1:20:44 PM

25. Butch Cassidy: Boy, you know every time I see Hole-in-the-Wall again, it's like seeing it fresh for the first time. And every time that happens, I keep asking myself the same question: how could I be so damn stupid to keep coming back here?

Sundance Kid: What's your idea this time?

Posted by: Hotter Perry | Nov 11, 2009 1:36:56 PM