Adam Lambert | Elizabeth Hasselbeck | Kiss | News

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Attacks 'Sexually Aggressive' Adam Lambert: 'Smarten Up, and Sing'

Hasselbeck

The ladies of The View chatted about Adam Lambert's controversial performance at the American Music Awards, which drew 1,500 complaints.

Seethed Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who was apparently hitting the speed dial button to ABC on Sunday night: "It seemed to be a sexual aggression that came across in the performance. Now, does anyone know what song he sang? Does anyone remember what he sounded like? Because, let me tell you this. This is the mistake Adam Lambert will make time and time again. We will not remember him as a performer or someone with a voice if he continues to do things like this. So smarten up, and sing."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. What Hasseldouche is pissed about was it was man on man, or gay man on girl. The right wing hates it when the line is blurred, hence the war on marriage crap.

I did not watch the show, it's hard enough to FF through the Grammy's when I Tivo it, though Kanye's douche act was worth it. The few clips of Lambert looked awful but the kid is still young and he will learn, just as he will from his lame Out interview and response.

As for "This is the mistake Adam Lambert will make time and time again. We will not remember him as a performer or someone with a voice if he continues to do things like this. So smarten up, and sing."

Well Lizzy, you and the rest of the country did nothing but talk about it all day. He is clearly not aiming at right wing religious freaks like you, who would not buy his music anyway.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 24, 2009 11:28:50 AM

2. Thank god for people like Hasslebeck. Adam just sold an extra half a million records.

Posted by: Scott | Nov 24, 2009 11:31:03 AM

3. i have to mimic Milkmans statements... I agree with Hasslebeck, but for different reasons.

he's coming out of the gate a bit too strong...even Lady Gaga progressed to where she's at now over the months. Just Dance was a pretty low budget video about getting trashed at a house party to the very high concept Bad Romance.

Posted by: Astro | Nov 24, 2009 12:01:59 PM

4. She hated him from day one. She rooted for the religious nuts and the bland boy singers on AI. She needs to go away and those other bitches, including Whoopi, needs to grow a pair and stop letting her walk all over them.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 24, 2009 12:12:34 PM

5. Yeah guys, lets not blindly defend Adam just b/c he is gay and lets not blindly attack Elisabeth just because she is a conservative. The performance was overtly sexual. Many of my gay friends found it uncomfortable. Adam focused on shock rather than his talents.

I am sure that if Rachel Maddow had made these same comments, the majority of you would be agreeing with her. And again with the name calling?!!??! THAT IS WHY PEOPLE GET TIRED OF THE GAYS!! Stop the damn name calling. Say you disagree. Say you don't like someone, but "bitch" "whore" and all of that, it is unnecessary and immature. Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want people to stop calling you names, you stop it. If not, you get whats coming to you.

Posted by: BC | Nov 24, 2009 12:36:58 PM

6. Uh, I think even Madonna, george michael and boy george would spit on Adam's so called racy performance and call him a 'Lame :#^&in' rookie showgirl with buck teefs and a gimp leg' HE was so boring, stiff and feeble Lady Gaga ordered her tea without a beautiful teacup and saucer in proxy pity.

Posted by: dee cee | Nov 24, 2009 12:38:13 PM

7. I wasn't a big fan of Adam's pelvic thrusting on stage but that's not the biggest problem. The worst thing was... well, the whole performance. I'm sure he'll smarten up and hire someone who can make his performances entertaining.

Posted by: Eric26 | Nov 24, 2009 1:00:02 PM

8. Umm, Elizabeth is right. Just because Adam is gay doesn't mean I'm going to automatically rush to his defense. His performance was terrible. The fellatio came across as a desperate plea for attention and the song was terrible too.

Posted by: Jason | Nov 24, 2009 1:28:32 PM

9. "sexual aggression"?? really??

Posted by: Jon | Nov 24, 2009 2:02:40 PM

10. Personally, I like "For Your Entertainment." However, the AMA performance was tame at best. Artists love to push the envelope these days with their performances - half of which don't draw this much attention or complaints. The reason why Adam's performance is getting so much negative attention is because he is a gay male, I strongly believe that.

There IS a double standard when it comes to gay relationships or characters on TV. Take Grey's Anatomy. They canned one person for a "prettier" model to make a lesbian relationship "more appealing" to viewers. Horrible example for America, ABC.

While Elisabeth has every right to express her opinion, she was wrong. 100 percent.

Posted by: Kristina | Nov 24, 2009 3:34:34 PM

11. I disagree with Hasslecrack...

I think that he needs to stick with the theatrics, even if Madonna did them 20 years ago and better, cause the most atrocious thing I saw on that stage was his singing.

Posted by: Miss Malevolent | Nov 24, 2009 3:59:08 PM

12. Omg...all u fuc**n bigots out there. Somebody doesn't like something, they have a right to their opinion. Do not extend any favors to the waste of space no talent, fagg*t Adam lambert and all of the righteous liberals get their diseased panties in a bunch. Can we just state the obvious...nobody likes homos...period??? Really...except the closeted bunch and all the fag hags with low self esteem. I don't love Elizabeth, but I hate you gay loving liberals...burn in hell!!!!

Posted by: Liberal Losers | Nov 24, 2009 4:13:08 PM

13. How did someone who started as a Survivor contestant (contestant-not even a winner), with a Fine Arts degree, married a mediocre (at best) football player become relevent enough to speak on national television???? I just don't understand how she even qualifies to speak on behalf of the conservatives. Let alone spout her ridiculous, brain-washed opinion on national telelvision???? Her 15 minutes were up ages ago. Shut the yapper already!

Posted by: Red_Robin | Nov 24, 2009 4:21:32 PM

14. My Mother had planed on buying the new Adam Lambert album, but after seeing the proformance she decided against it. I think that was the point Adam was trying to make. Listen to the lyrics of the song he was singing, it is about how he isn't the unic American Idol made him out to be. He is a proud Homosexual and this was his coming out proformance.

Posted by: Thomas | Nov 24, 2009 4:23:14 PM

15. Love Adam. 5 CDs please....Walmart, here I come! (...an add for Walmart in this page, how convenient!)

Posted by: nalo | Nov 24, 2009 4:38:16 PM

16. Meanwhile, Adama is laughing all the way to bank.

Any publicity is good publicity.

LOVE IT!

Posted by: FunMe | Nov 24, 2009 4:43:39 PM

17. American idol owns Adam you lambert you twit...he is not making anything from this...do u want to discuss past AI successes besides Carrie Underwood? Because there aren't any!!! They are owned by fox forever!!!! This helps fox...the same network that destroys the liberal agenda everyday you losers....did you catch quagmire's rant to Brian on Sunday? Wake up...u Fu**in idiots!!!!

Posted by: Liberal Losers | Nov 24, 2009 5:01:12 PM

18. I have one thing to say: A scantily-clad Miley Cyris (minor) poll dancing at the Nickelodean awards didn't prompt any media outrage, but Adam Lambert (not a minor) on an adult, late-night show did. 'Nuff said.

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 24, 2009 5:27:10 PM

19. i loved the performance...too bad audience didn't respond...the world is just not ready for it.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 24, 2009 7:01:47 PM

20. "I don't love Elizabeth, but I hate you gay loving liberals...burn in hell!!!!"

Poor you, did Adam's performance get you all hot and bothered? You must need a little man lovin' to take the edge off. Or stop hanging around the gay sites, cause it can be a trigger for closet cases.

And you're right, Ryan. Selected, and completely manufactured, outrage. All the bubbleheads think they should be offended, so they pretend to be. No one was truly upset by this, except for maybe a few trolls who feel funny in the stomach after seeing even fake male on male action.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 24, 2009 7:12:54 PM

21. Hasselbeck was a frigging reality TV contestant.

Who gives a flying fuck what her views are on ANYTHING?

Posted by: David C. in Chelsea, MA | Nov 24, 2009 7:28:24 PM

22. i'm proud americans have come far enough where there were only 1500 complaints. seriously. imagine if it were 20 years ago??? progress, sung pitchy or not!

Posted by: outragedfan | Nov 24, 2009 8:17:30 PM

23. Well, David, she's on the view. So some stumbling, fumbling fuckwit must care what her views are.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 24, 2009 8:54:43 PM

24. Elisabeth, I'm sorry, but the tribe has voted . . .

Posted by: rayy | Nov 25, 2009 11:41:09 AM

25. Isn't ABC the same network that simulated a rape scene with a 16 year old girl in the 70's? [All My Children] Yet they cannot show a sexually suggestive performance by a GAY man.

The problem American has right now is everyone wants to be politically correct but we all know this is HOMOPHOBIA. It is one thing when a woman does it or a heterosexual man does it (let's not forget nearly all hip-hop and rock performances over the past 25 years) it is different when a gay man expresses his sexuality.

It was too real for them to stomach. Sounds like the BS my mother told me, "I can accept your being gay but not if you are going to have sex with men." Dumbshit! Hasselbeck needs to just go the hell away and take her conservative views and shove them up her dry twat for all I care.

No Adam was not at his best but who is every single time? He just got off of tour with American Idol over the summer so his voice was strained. I remember the song and it's actually my ringtone....I love it.

We need to band together and support our gay brothers. How many openly gay male pop stars can you name?

Posted by: Angelo Martinez | Nov 25, 2009 11:12:18 PM