Colorado Springs | Mike Jones | News | Religion | Ted Haggard

Ted Haggard Starting New Church in His Living Room

Ted Haggard is back in the church business:

Haggard "Haggard will hold his first gathering at 7 p.m. Nov. 12 at his house at 1865 Old Ranch Road. He referred to it as a 'prayer meeting,' but said it would also be correct to call it a church. The gathering will include music and an offering to New Life Church. Haggard also will give a talk about the power of prayer. Although Haggard said just recently he had no plans to start a church, he changed his mind two weeks ago after talking to a friend in Florida who was involved in prayer meetings. Haggard anticipates that 10 to 20 people will show up, and said he has no expectations of building his new enterprise into something on the scale of New Life. 'For this prayer meeting, I have no goals,' he said. 'I have no secret hope that more people will come. I am not driven as I was. Before I focused on the Great Commission. Now I focus on helping other people.'”

Flashback...
Evangelical Leader Ted Haggard Steps Down After Gay Escort Claims [tr]
Ted Haggard Voicemails Analyzed; Pastor Admits to Indiscretions [tr]
Mike Jones Fails Lie Detector Test on Ted Haggard [tr]
Ted Haggard: Bought Meth, Didn't Use It; Received Massage, No Sex [tr]
Ted Haggard Letter: "I am Guilty...a Deceiver and a Liar" [tr]

Comments

1. I think it would be hilarious if only guys in leather and chains showed up ...

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Nov 5, 2009 8:00:17 AM

2. I don't care what anyone says about Ted, I'd still like to do him.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 5, 2009 8:20:50 AM

3. Of course, the benefit of a living-room church is that Ted's not far from the bedroom if somebody catches his eye...

Posted by: Chris | Nov 5, 2009 8:35:13 AM

4. does Ted provide condoms, lube and poppers, or is it a bring-your-own affair?

Posted by: A. Palled | Nov 5, 2009 8:46:02 AM

5. I'll bet there's a glory-hallelujah-hole in the bathroom...

Posted by: Michael W. | Nov 5, 2009 9:09:23 AM

6. Guess he's trying to get out of his property tax there too

Posted by: Nathan | Nov 5, 2009 9:48:58 AM

7. Why not? You can make an absolute killing in tax-free dollars! I am just amazed that more people don't think of doing this scam!

Posted by: TC | Nov 5, 2009 9:53:38 AM

8. I have no goals,' he said. 'I have no secret hope that more people will come. I am not driven as I was. Before I focused on the Great Commission. Now I focus on helping other people.'”

GOOD than maybe he can get in there and help us FIGHT his twisted KIND in to getting our rights

Posted by: xman | Nov 5, 2009 9:56:34 AM

9. He has a problem with the truth.

Posted by: anon | Nov 5, 2009 10:13:09 AM

10. Oh Teddy-boy... tryin' to escape the tax-man are we? Thing is though, my guess is that you were (are?) pretty damned hot in the sack. It is written all over our face.
    Too bad you can't cash in on your passion secrets. Hot is hot and you are hot!...Come on man, let's party!

Posted by: Thom | Nov 5, 2009 10:55:37 AM

11. Haggard anticipates that 10 to 20 people will show up, and said he has no expectations of building his new enterprise into something on the scale of New Life. 'For this prayer meeting, I have no goals,' he said. 'I have no secret hope that more people will come. I am not driven as I was. Before I focused on the Great Commission. Now I focus on helping other people.'”
    -----------
    The 'Great Commission' is teaching Christ's way of beliefs. Now it seems as if Slaggard is focusing on his wallet and his cock.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 5, 2009 3:38:56 PM

12. "Haggard anticipates that 10 to 20 people will show up."

All of them from Fox News.

Posted by: Gary | Nov 5, 2009 5:40:39 PM