Eminem | Gay Slurs | Music | News

Eminem Disguises 'Faggot' Slur in New Song 'Elevator'

Eminem cleverly avoids using the word "faggots" in his new song "Elevator" when referring to Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken, replacing it with the words "fake it's":

Eminem Sorry Lance, Mr. Lambert and Aiken ain't gonna make it
They get so mad, when I call them both fake it's
All these f@#king voices in my head I can't take it
Someone shut that f@#king baby up, 'for I shake it
You're standing adjacent to Jason's last slut, they're facing
Together makes 'em, a f@#king bad combination
I lashed at the doctor in my last operation
Shoved the weiner snitzel up his ass, hopped away some-
body please stop the patient, get the cops to mase him

Of course, phonetically, it sounds just like "faggots."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Lol. I find Eminem to be a fairly decent artist, as far as rap goes, and he's one of the ONLY rap artists I can stand to listen to for more than 2.5 seconds. He uses word-play better than most. It seems to me his work is more about shock, and making fun of the way society views itself. I don't really care about his use of the word "fake-it" or its referrence to the word faggot. I mean, come on, do we remember Dire Straits (I'm only 26, but I love them) and their reference to Elton John? And Eminem and his stunt with Sacha Cohen? Come on... and Asid... why do we have to regress to name-calling?

Posted by: Patrick | Dec 4, 2009 11:36:50 AM

2. Patrick's right. I don't know why I'm not more outraged about Eminem... but as rap artists go, I like his work. The use of language, even offensive language, is so complex I can't help but be impressed by it.

Posted by: The Milkman | Dec 4, 2009 11:42:03 AM

3. On this site alone, I wonder how much this free advertising is worth. This is nothing new from him.

Posted by: Will | Dec 4, 2009 11:45:03 AM

4. You think that is "complex language"? Really?

Sweet Jesus, if you tried to read "Macbeth" I'm afraid your brain might explode.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 4, 2009 11:53:59 AM

5. Slip the salami to a trailer tot?

That's much more disturbing than the lyrics quoted above.

Child molestation is not to be made light of in any way. Shame on you.

Posted by: Keith | Dec 4, 2009 11:54:14 AM

6. @ Asid : dude, be nice ! .....not just a fucking idiot.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 4, 2009 11:56:51 AM

7. I call Over-reaction. I'm not offended. He went out of his way to NOT say the word, in his own clever if your'e into that sorta thing kinda way, and I sort of hate Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken, too, so....

Posted by: Rami | Dec 4, 2009 12:10:58 PM

8. He wasnt hiding saying the word faggot- he actually said it, just with an accent. He said faggots a gazillion times on the relapse record. He disses everyone, gay people arent special. Besides - he is really good friends with Elton John (they talked everyday, Elton helped him get off drugs). Obviously Em isnt homophobic. Some ppl are just so sensitive!

Posted by: Sam | Dec 4, 2009 12:27:26 PM

9. HA! Thank you Milkman. And yes, fake it was a very clever play on words. I can't help but agree. Lambert, Aiken, and Bass are all musical "fakes". Sure, they CO-wrote some of their songs, but I'm sure it was only because the real writer was smacking them saying "If I can do this, you should be able to... NOW WRITE!" I don't care for any of them, and I also have to agree with Rami... people overreact. There is also a bit of a double standard today when it comes to "racial/sexual" slurs. Why is it ok for gays to use the word faggot, and black people to use the "n" word but the second anyone else says it, even in jest or to make a point, its offensive and predjudiced? If we are going to change the way people think, act, and speak, then we need to set a better example and quit letting things like this cause problems. Sticks and stones, gentlemen (and ladies)... Sticks and stones.

Posted by: Patrick | Dec 4, 2009 12:31:59 PM

10. I fucking hate Eminem and wish that he would just FOADIAF. And take Kanye, 50 Cent, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Jay-Z, and the Black Eyed Peas with him. And someone strip him of his Oscar and give it to Dolly Parton or Bono.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Dec 4, 2009 12:33:20 PM

11. I'm not really a big Eminem fan, but I think this accusation is reaching a bit.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Dec 4, 2009 12:54:12 PM

12. There is no way I'm going to waste 7 minutes and 18 seconds of my life, listening to this homophobic rap shit. As JohnInManhattan said, I guess Elton John wasted his time on this bigoted asshole.

Posted by: David in Houston | Dec 4, 2009 1:23:35 PM

13. Oh hi, Eminem welcome back to 2001. Having trouble caring about this.

Also, I still wonder if sensitivity to the word "faggot" is bad for the community in general. It makes us seem very thin-skinned and only empowers the person who says it if they know it bothers us so much. It's just a stupid word, and a lot of people (like my cousins and "South Park") claim it doesn't even refer to gay person anymore. I don't know. I go back and forth about it.

Posted by: Steverino | Dec 4, 2009 1:51:08 PM

14. *PITRI - Actually I have NO idea what "slim shady" is, nor do i want to. I don't let this come into my world...

Posted by: KB | Dec 4, 2009 3:01:01 PM

15. EMINEM is the best fuck you fake its, LMAO

Posted by: L.C | Dec 4, 2009 3:42:02 PM

16. Are you queers really that dumb? That's just how Shady works. He's definitely not hiding it, he twists words all the time, it is part of his writing style. It's rap, that's how it goes. Were talking about Slim Shady here people. He's definitely not "afraid" or whatever you think he is to say faggot.

Posted by: Bobby | Dec 4, 2009 4:19:27 PM

17. No....but YOU are "bobby" if you know what he's taking about.

Posted by: KB | Dec 4, 2009 4:50:57 PM

18. Eminem is white trash with ghetto black rap culture mixed you can't get more homophobic scumbag than that. Eminem is a has been whose enquirer celebrity dissing is getting old and tired like the ugly fuck himself. Is he six years old with" fake its", I wonder what name he has for blacks that rhymes with the n word. Oh yeah he's too afraid and pc for that one. Leave him alone and let his music keep failing. I love Adam Lambert and he is so good looking and talented, Clay aiken is disgusting and too southern christian white trash and Lance Bass is cute.

Posted by: chad | Dec 4, 2009 5:34:38 PM

19. Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert? My god, Eminem is still cutting edge. What target will this subversive genius choose next... Jay Leno? Dancing With the Stars? Finding Nemo?

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Dec 4, 2009 6:02:58 PM

20. Pot, meet Kettle.

Posted by: Alexander | Dec 4, 2009 6:05:14 PM

21. This man is really a poet, he's brilliant

it sux he's so homophobic

On the album Relapse he raps about being sexually abused by his Mom's BF if i remember correctly, which all this hate obviously stems from

Posted by: Joe22 | Dec 4, 2009 8:22:46 PM

22. This guy gets more credit than he actually deserves, for real. His word play isn't creative, he relies on shock value to get attention, and his songs all sound the same. I just have no respect for people in positions of notoriety like his who think it's acceptable to use that kind of language in their work. Also, isn't this the dude who is so self-absorbed that he actually made a movie (sort of) about his life and his "rise" to fame, and also had the starring role playing none other than himself? Him AND 50 did it, all so they could look like bad asses and gain more street cred, right? Psssht, next.

Posted by: Jesus | Dec 4, 2009 9:08:01 PM

23. I'm actually much more appalled/horrified by the comments to this post than anything Eminem has ever said in any song.

This pool of commenters should be ashamed of itself. Saying things like you can watch Judge Judy to immerse yourself in urban culture, while putting urban culture in quotation marks obviously in a satirical tone is inexcusable, racist, and no better than the very homophobia you speak of.

And Chad, really? "Eminem is white trash with ghetto black rap culture mixed you can't get more homophobic scumbag than that"

I'm embarrassed for you guys. You people don't even deserve tolerance because you can't even set it forth yourselves.

Posted by: Robbie | Dec 4, 2009 10:49:15 PM

24. er... since when does "fake-its" sound like "faggots"?

Posted by: ruse | Dec 5, 2009 3:12:57 AM

25. JOE22...He's "brilliant".... That scares me.

Posted by: KB | Dec 5, 2009 3:13:24 AM