"Ex-Gays" | News | Rachel Maddow

BigGayDeal.com

'Ex-Gay' Pillow-Beater Richard Cohen to Discuss Uganda Ties

Pillowbeater

Rachel Maddow says "ex-gay" pillow-beater Richard Cohen will be a guest on her show tonight, and they'll discuss his ties to anti-gays in Uganda and the "kill gays" legislation.

Promises Rachel: "No tennis. No pillows. Don't even think about the prospect of cuddling."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. "MA! MA! MA! WHY? WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO ME?!?" A comedy classic. I never tire of seeing it.

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Dec 8, 2009 10:56:49 AM

2. I was a nationally ranked tennis player, so I know how to wield a tennis racket. I've been held by plenty of same gendered cuddlers too. Still gay! As all good tennis players must do when their games let them down in terms of results, I am left asking a question about my technique: "was it that my strokes were too much like Chris Evert's?"

Posted by: MackMichael | Dec 8, 2009 12:39:16 PM

3. eugh!

Posted by: Joe | Dec 8, 2009 12:39:44 PM

4. Fortunately, the American Psychological association released a report this year revealing that there was no evidence to suggest that such re-orientation efforts actually work. As such, thy have advised mental health professionals to not tell patients that sexual orientation is changeable.

Posted by: Smokey | Dec 8, 2009 12:40:56 PM

5. I think you meant "pillow biter".

Posted by: Derek Washington | Dec 8, 2009 1:15:55 PM

6. This pillow man, or whatever crazy name he has ... is this his way of getting "his rocks off"?

Posted by: FunMe | Dec 8, 2009 1:39:33 PM

7. Wish she had asked him the more pertinent question: "are you sporting wood right now?"--lol, but i guess you can't say that on TV.

He's not much different from the many quacks out there, but certainly this sort of thing should be regulated out of existence.

Posted by: rayy | Dec 9, 2009 8:38:34 AM

8. Rachel's interview with him is brilliant. She rips him to shreds in the nicest way--you can see the look of panic on his face when he realizes that she's done her research and is nailing him to the wall with his own words. She does a stellar job of showing him as the fraud he is. And he knows that's exactly what's happening as it's happening. Check it out.

Posted by: kdknyc | Sep 5, 2013 11:47:07 AM